Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KMI Qunexus Red Review

edited December 2021 in Other

Some quick thoughts on the new hardware and the new software functions they added, from someone who has used the original Qunexus since it was released (me).

Comments

• Nice vid. You should clean up the old one, though. Takes about twenty minutes with some paper towels, then you'll have four octaves. Or send it to me and I'll do it! (and keep it)

• Very good job! Thank you

• Yeah I love the new firmware update, I still have my old one and it's working great, I cleaned it up a bit and it's not so sticky any more

• edited December 2021

@aaronpc said: You should clean up the old one, though. Takes about twenty minutes with some paper towels, then you'll have four octaves. Or send it to me and I'll do it! (and keep it)

Honestly I've tried twice now to clean it with iso and it barely made a dent with mine. Yes it works, but it's like a 2-3 hour project easy to get it as clean as I'd want based on what I did so far. Maybe back in my ramen eating college days, but these days I just don't have the time or patience for that sort of thing. :)

• @Tarekith said:

@aaronpc said: You should clean up the old one, though. Takes about twenty minutes with some paper towels, then you'll have four octaves. Or send it to me and I'll do it! (and keep it)

Honestly I've tried twice now to clean it with iso and it barely made a dent with mine. Yes it works, but it's like a 2-3 hour project easy to get it as clean as I'd want based on what I did so far. Maybe back in my ramen eating college days, but these days I just don't have the time or patience for that sort of thing. :)

Weird. You know, the magic in solvents is the fumes rather than the liquid. I have better luck laying the wet towel on an area for a few seconds to let the fumes work before scrubbing. You could also try putting it in a small trashbag with a sheet or two and let it fumigate first. Might slide right off after that. I don't think it can damage the electronics.

My QuNeo is almost ready for the same treatment, so maybe it will be a different experience. Some batches may hold faster than others. Onward...

• @Tarekith said:

Some quick thoughts on the new hardware and the new software functions they added, from someone who has used the original Qunexus since it was released (me).

Thank you. Your minimal desk and gear (going by the stuff visible) is admirable.

• I don't like clutter. :)

• Thank you for the 411. For the first time I feel lucky in owning a particular piece of kit, and I’d never would have imagined I’d be this little heap. Now I’ll use it for more than just triggering stuff.

• Hi @Tarekith !
    Thanks for the review. Have you felt difference during play with the origibal qunexus with the v2 firmware ? In terms of sensitivity, consistancy between different keys, etc.
    Do you have to press like mad to play mpe ?
    Thanks !

• It feel identical to the original Qunexus to me, which I feel is very sensitive. You can likewise make the MPE as easy or hard to trigger as you want with the configuration app, which lets you definite the pressure sensitivity.

• Thanks @Tarekith
    Just bought one to try it out.
    My feeling is that for mpe sensitivity is still worlds apart from the sensel morph. I guess i can tune the sensitivity in software, but didnt really like the touch.

• Don’t forget you can use Tilt and not just pressure on the Qunexus too.

• Thanks man !

• That's awesome they are releasing just the case now, much cheaper that way to get rid of the sticky mess!

• Now when is the quneo mpe update ever going to get here? I guess I’ll try to get on the beta again.

• edited February 2022

@Tarekith said:
    That's awesome they are releasing just the case now, much cheaper that way to get rid of the sticky mess!

The least they could do I suppose. It couldn’t have been doing the company any favours.

• @aaronpc said:
    Now when is the quneo mpe update ever going to get here? I guess I’ll try to get on the beta again.

My undersranding is that it is aleeady active ?

• @jazzmess said:

@aaronpc said:
    Now when is the quneo mpe update ever going to get here? I guess I’ll try to get on the beta again.

My undersranding is that it is aleeady active ?

Nope. The MPE version is still in closed beta. Not really sure what the holdup is, as it's been looking close for about a year.

• edited March 2022

@Tarekith Great review! But what I can't find, how to change a midi channel on the fly? (the Keystep can do that by pressing Shift and a key to quickly change the 16 midi channels). Can the QuNexus Red do the same?