Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Rest in power Soldier.

Blessings all the way.

🙏🏾

• Nooo! He played on so much music it's impossible to keep count.

Half of one of the best rhythm sections ever.

• I saw Sly and Robbie as part of Black Uhuru at Glastonbury in 1984.

It was, of course, amazing.

• So influential. RIP

• The magnificence of Grace Jones was perfectly paired with Sly & Robbie's riddim antics on Graces' 80's classic 'Nightclubbing'. A production masterstroke by Island Records Chris Blackwell.

This album of extended remixes shows off the genius of Sly & Robbie further still, as the 12" and dub mixes give the rhythm section far more space to breath.

https://www.discogs.com/release/14009492-Grace-Jones-Private-Life-The-Compass-Point-Sessions

• edited December 2021

“Robbie, you’re pissing me off!” Has become a regular catchphrase in our house after Grace Jones shouts it at him down the phone in the ‘Bloodlight and Bami’ documentary.

Such a legend.

Sad we’ll never hear Sly Drum-bar and Robbie Bass-peare together again.

• edited December 2021

Robbie’s all over this one…a little Sly too…

• Amazing live concert from 2015. Robbie even plays a solo and sings:

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Amazing live concert from 2015. Robbie even plays a solo and sings:

That group later released an album:

• @qryss said:
    I saw Sly and Robbie as part of Black Uhuru at Glastonbury in 1984.

It was, of course, amazing.

Me too. So very sad.

• For me, this is the best song on Nightclubbing:
    Dirty ass lyrics, hella funky

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Amazing live concert from 2015. Robbie even plays a solo and sings:

Just listening while working. Great concert. RIP Robbie, you made me dance.

• @jonmoore said:
    The magnificence of Grace Jones was perfectly paired with Sly & Robbie's riddim antics on Graces' 80's classic 'Nightclubbing'. A production masterstroke by Island Records Chris Blackwell.

This album of extended remixes shows off the genius of Sly & Robbie further still, as the 12" and dub mixes give the rhythm section far more space to breath.

https://www.discogs.com/release/14009492-Grace-Jones-Private-Life-The-Compass-Point-Sessions

That sounds so damn good!

Rest In Peace, Mr Shakespeare

• Around 10 years ago I was asked to rework this Grace Jones classic for a promo supporting her UK tour. And it goes without saying that the rhythm section is another example of Sly & Robbie magic.

• It's amusing how Grace Jones even manages to derail this thread - such is the powerful aura around her!

I'm just glad Sly & Robbie elevated the best of Grace's music, with the same force that her voice and personality elevated some of theirs.

Trivia - Bloodlight was the name Sly and Robbie used to refer to the red recording light used in recording studios.

• @tk32 said:
    It's amusing how Grace Jones even manages to derail this thread - such is the powerful aura around her!

I'm just glad Sly & Robbie elevated the best of Grace's music, with the same force that her voice and personality elevated some of theirs.

I suppose part of the reason for making the Sly & Robbie link to Grace is that it's 40 years since Nightclubbing was released (1981) and for most that were involved, recording at Chris Blackwell's Compass Point Studios in the Bahamas, it was a pinnacle in their careers. And Nightclubbing would have amounted to far, far less if it wasn't for Robbie's superlative bass lines. They were often the main hook the drove the songs as well as the groove.