Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad pro 10,5” 256Gb still purchasable now?

I'm about to get an ipad pro 10.5 "
256Gb 2nd generation, (€569)in your opinion it is still a feasible purchase in 2022 (now we are) I would pair it with an iphone 8 ... if you can, give me input if ok or I'll bullshit ...

Comments

• edited December 2021

I would advise a new iPad Air 4… a bit more money but, oh, so much better and will last and update a lot longer, That sounds really high for a Pro2.

Here’s SweetWater… the bottom one Wi-Fi only is $749

• edited December 2021

thanks master for info
    I'm a bit short of cash or wait or take this pro ... I will have to take this because I currently use a korg plugkey with a Roland Jx1 (but something more modern isn't it? 😃🤣🤣😂) which has lighting as its connector ... I hope to have updates for a few years

• I'll put Cubasis 3,AUM,Gadget2 and etc in it… let's hope it doesn't blow in my hands🔥🔥🔥🔥

• €569 seems pretty expensive to me for that model. If money is tight I'd get a used pro 10.5" instead. They go for 300-400 USD I think.

• edited December 2021

yes I believe it too ... yet it is a refurbished one, I searched in the various refurbished sites but in the end the best as guarantees and price is refurbished apple .. in Italy we will soon make the economic bang that you will hear up to china🤑🤑🤑🤑 ☠️💥💥💥💥☄️

• apple's refurb page is your best best. still 1 year warranty..still eligible for applecare

• Careful now, it’s old enough to have noticeable battery ageing – mine does.

• edited December 2021

Where are you located? The difference between €569 and $749 is about $100, no? The cost of a new battery you’re likely to need, Worth saving for. Too many negatives on your deal, IMO.

• edited December 2021

@Kmatic said:
    I'm about to get an ipad pro 10.5 "
    256Gb 2nd generation, (€569)in your opinion it is still a feasible purchase in 2022 (now we are) I would pair it with an iphone 8 ... if you can, give me input if ok or I'll bullshit ...

I have a 10.5" 2nd Gen Pro w/ 256 GB and it's holding up pretty well! Can still run AUM sets with many plugins. Having said that it is now 4 years old and I'm not sure the price you quote is a brilliant deal, unless it's new?

• If the one you're considering is from the official Apple Refurbished Store, they should install a new battery and back plate. I bought two 2017 iPad Pro 10.5s from there two years ago, and about a month ago I noticed that one now has the infamous white spot on the screen near the Home button. I was (incorrectly) under the impression that Apple fixed that issue on refurbished iPad Pro 10.5s (and the later Air 3), but apparently not. My battery now only lasts for a few hours, too.

My recommendation is to avoid the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 (A10x). The 2018 iPad Pro (A12x) is a lot faster. 2020 Air 4 (A14) is even faster. Plus both of those are smaller with tiny bezels, but no headphone jack. I also have a 2018 regular iPad 6th Generation (A10), and for music apps, it performs the same as the 2017 iPad Pro 10.5. iirc, I paid $250 new for it in 2018, so it should be less expensive now. If buying today, I'd probably get the 2021 regular iPad 9th Generation (A13).

• edited December 2021

@ocelet, the Air kept the headphone Jack, no?

Edit… no.😪

• heshes
    edited December 2021

The current plain-jane iPad has an A13 Bionic processor, is faster than all but the most recent iPad Pros, and the 256GB version costs well less than $500 new. It even has a headphone jack.

The 10.5" Pro has a nicer display, but I can't see paying more to get one, even if both units were new. I have a 10.5" Pro w/256GB and I like it. But the current base iPad is a more capable machine.

• I also have a 256er 10.5“ iPad Pro and it is still very capable and powerful enough. I also get a refurbished one for under 500€. Pros are stereo speaker, ProMotion display. There is one big drawback on the 10.5“ pro series: Some (and not few) have problems with the touch display, which means that it either not reacts (especially when connected to a wall plug) or that there are ghost touches (which could accidentally hit the delete button). It can be sometimes fixed by restarting the device, but it is anoying. Would I buy it again today? I think no, but for the price that I have payed there is no alternative for it. But for a music device the cheap iPad is the best choice.

• thank you all for the advice, now I begin to understand the best solution I can take, you are very precious… 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😉🔊🔊🔊🔊

• So what’s the solution?

• @LinearLineman said:
    So what’s the solution?

master
    I have to start evaluating because unfortunately I am linked to the korg plugkey
    which has the lighting connector, taking another sound card makes me mess up ... in the day I try to finalize the purchase🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Good luck. Mate or brother will do better than master 😉🙏

• edited December 2021

I think the iPad Pro at that price is a great deal. If your audio interface is lightning then the Pro is the obvious choice. If you look at geekbench, the Pro 2nd gen has got the better multi-core performance and the Air 4 the better single core performance. ATM only Cubasis 3 can really benefit from multi-core. So, if you want to use Cubasis 3, the iPad Pro is the no brainer.

https://browser.geekbench.com/ios_devices/ipad-pro-11-inch

• I have a 2018 iPad Pro 10.5”
    No problems what so ever
    It runs any big projects with ease
    Battery is fantastic and on latest iOS
    Maybe I am lucky
    But if I got offered the same iPad again at a good price I would buy it happily

• I ordered 10.5 "ipad pro ... mandatory solution due to the lighting connector compatible with korg plugkey ... 256Gb I get into the ipad too🤣🤣🤣🤣 I hope not to have any problems ... thanks to everyone for support🙏🙏🙏🙏

• I have owned the 10.5 Pro 256 2nd Gen. for 2 years; I love it, keep it with me everywhere. I am sure it will give me (& you) many more years of service. Be aware though, you can only use 1st Gen. Apple Pencil with it. I did not realize this until too late. (If anyone in US wants to buy a brand-new, unused 2nd Gen. Apple Pencil at a discount, send me a PM)

• heshes
    edited December 2021

@krassmann said:
    I think the iPad Pro at that price is a great deal. If your audio interface is lightning then the Pro is the obvious choice. If you look at geekbench, the Pro 2nd gen has got the better multi-core performance and the Air 4 the better single core performance. ATM only Cubasis 3 can really benefit from multi-core. So, if you want to use Cubasis 3, the iPad Pro is the no brainer.

I'm not following. Your link is to the 11" 3rd generation Pro. The one he's considering is the 2nd gen Pro (10.5"), which is slower than the current A13 base iPad and even the previous A12 base iPad at both single core and multi-core.

• edited December 2021

@hes said:

@krassmann said:

I'm not following. Your link is to the 11" 3rd generation Pro. The one he's considering is the 2nd gen Pro (10.5"), which is slower than the current A13 base iPad and even the previous A12 base iPad at both single core and multi-core.

OMG you are right. I mixed up the model. I took the 11 inch iPad Pro from 2018 but his is the 10.5 from 2017. You are totally right that most probably the new 256GB base iPad would be the better choice. The A13 is definitely superior to the A10X. The only advantage I can see is that the Pro has got 4GB RAM while the iPad 9 has got 3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad#Model_comparison

I'm so sorry. I gave a wrong recommendation. Apple is very customer friendly. They allowed me to return my iPad Pro 1TB and exchange it for an 256GB model although I had it already for more than three weeks. @Kmatic if you change your mind, I think you could still cancel your order. Looks like the base iPad still has got lightning.

• I'm so sorry. I gave a wrong recommendation. Apple is very customer friendly. They allowed me to return my iPad Pro 1TB and exchange it for an 256GB model although I had it already for more than three weeks. @Kmatic if you change your mind, I think you could still cancel your order. Looks like the base iPad still has got lightning.

no problems indeed thanks for support, ipad base 2021 unfortunately has USB-C if not misread ... I try it test and if not satisfied I try to change ... big up💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻😉

• I am now confused
    I have usb c on my iPad pro

• Apple switched to USB-C (from Lightning) for the following models -
    2018 iPad Pros
    2020 iPad Air
    2021 iPad Mini

The current 2021 base iPad still uses a Lightning connector, as does the 2017 iPad Pro that the OP in this thread is inquiring about.