Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DON’T UPDATE MIXBOX IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED!!!!!!!!!!

I
I’ve purchased MIXBOX few months ago,but now …………………lol

Don’t update MIXBOX.

Comments

• OMG………………it’s a disaster…

• it's a thread about the app, and this fail deserves separate topic and a very good title (like this)

• @MAtrixplan said:

it's a thread about the app, and this fail deserves separate topic and a very good title (like this)

Agreed. A specific callout like this is warranted.

• @MAtrixplan and @DukeWonder

I hear that loud and clear.
    The only thing is from experience "capital letters"
    are not allowed on the forum for a thread title.
    The latter was tongue in cheek.

• @Gravitas said:
    "capital letters" are not allowed on the forum for a thread

can we add emoji's too?

• Wait...why shouldn't I update the app. I Paid good money for this app...so I should be allowed to update it...

Err....oh....
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cF7QqO5DYdft6/giphy.gif

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@Gravitas said:
    "capital letters" are not allowed on the forum for a thread

can we add emoji's too?

Most probably, IK Multimedia have done a wrongen considering
    this isn't their first app to be shifted into IAP territory.
    Admittedly they are doing something about it but...
    there are a lot of upset people at the moment.
    Emoji's may make them laugh which is always a good thing.
    A couple of Gif's could go down well.
    Capital letters though are heresy 'round this parts apparently.

• Too late, automatic updates strike again. Oh well I am sure IK are well and on top of this and will release a fix in a day or two.

• Seriously…. Updated. Wiped out ALL OF MY USER PRESETS. Smh. Easily my favorite fx on ipad. This is a major bummer.

• edited December 2021

@Apex said:
    Seriously…. Updated. Wiped out ALL OF MY USER PRESETS. Smh. Easily my favorite fx on ipad. This is a major bummer.

OMG….user presets are the lifeblood of creativity for some and can take years of knowledge and experience to build up. And of course we don’t usually back them up. We trust that the app won’t wipe them

• Mixbox-gate day two

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Apex said:
    Seriously…. Updated. Wiped out ALL OF MY USER PRESETS. Smh. Easily my favorite fx on ipad. This is a major bummer.

OMG….user presets are the lifeblood of fluid creation and can take years of knowledge and experience to build up. And of course we don’t usually back them up. We trust that the app won’t wipe them

Honestly worst part is: This just borked dozens & dozens of projects in various hosts I was working on. 😩

• @Apex said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@Apex said:

OMG….user presets are the lifeblood of fluid creation and can take years of knowledge and experience to build up. And of course we don’t usually back them up. We trust that the app won’t wipe them

Honestly worst part is: This just borked dozens & dozens of projects in various hosts I was working on. 😩

Damn.

• @Apex have you reached out to IK about this?

• I opened up my Mixbox app and all the FX are still there.

Then I looked at the app's status in the App Store and it shows an UPDATE button.

Then I went into my iPad settings and turned off "Automatic Updates".

So... now... I wait for IK Multimedia to provide the OK to perform the update.

I guess I just don't have anything to be angry about. Close call. No harm done.

Now I wonder... what triggers the Automatic Update cycle because I really expected
    to open an updated app.

• Reaching out to IK directly doesn’t even seem to make much of a difference. I filed a complete report through their website early yesterday and so far didn’t even receive a single confirmation of my submission, let alone receive a ticket or an automated reply or acknowledgement of any kind. 100% radio silence from their customer support. Weakest customer support experience of any developer I have ever contacted, yet they have the highest prices on iOS. I have been a user of their hardware and apps since the early beginnings and mostly liked their products, but I am not a happy camper of the way they handle this update.

I understand that they are already aware of the situation, but have at least some proper customer support communicaton with users that try to contact them about sonething this serious. It is good there is another thread here now where we can at least make our voices heard and share our experiences. Let it be a heads up for other users, since IK does NOT warn anyone it seems.

This was one of my biggest investments in the last year on iOS, while being on an extremely tight budget after covid decimated my income. I handed them some of my hard earned cash, so is it too much to expect a lasting quality product and service in return, or at least some common courtesy? This update is the worste disaster I have experienced with iOS apps so far and a slap in the face during an already rough time.

Even Positive Grid was much more responsive recently when their latest update of Bias FX2 wrecked all my expansion packs... they confirmed my bug report twice within 24 hours by different agents and they had a fix online within days. Kudos to them for that!

I should have known better to no longer update anything that works fine. Don’t fix what ain’t broken. Lesson learned. Also to think twice from now on about IK products and the way they do business.

This rant will do absolutely no good, I am aware of that, but it at least makes me feel a little better to vent about it. Just having no other choice than to stay positive and patient I guess, and hoping that they really will be able to fix this, or at least are willing to put the full effort in to do so.

• It’s just past 4:30 AM in Italy. Give ‘em hell!…

• They have been actively responding on their forum all day…

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=29099&start=15

• @anickt said:
    They have been actively responding on their forum all day…

Aggravating, but nothing more can be done until they get this all sorted out.

• @NeuM said:

@anickt said:

I’m sure most of us will survive this journey and reach the end better people… 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

I’m sure most of us will survive this journey and reach the end better people… 🤦🏻‍♂️

I hope so. ;)

• too late arrrrrrrgh - and now i get an „not installed“ message too every time

• Hi guys,

This was a serious issue... but I managed to get a response from IK.

They were pretty quick to sort out the issue. Within 24 hours, I received a promo code from them and it worked.

I hope this helps. Try getting in touch with them and hopefully it'll work out for you guys as well.

Happy recording ^_^

• @Dutchee said:
    Reaching out to IK directly doesn’t even seem to make much of a difference. I filed a complete report through their website early yesterday and so far didn’t even receive a single confirmation of my submission, let alone receive a ticket or an automated reply or acknowledgement of any kind. 100% radio silence from their customer support. Weakest customer support experience of any developer I have ever contacted, yet they have the highest prices on iOS. I have been a user of their hardware and apps since the early beginnings and mostly liked their products, but I am not a happy camper of the way they handle this update.

I understand that they are already aware of the situation, but have at least some proper customer support communicaton with users that try to contact them about sonething this serious. It is good there is another thread here now where we can at least make our voices heard and share our experiences. Let it be a heads up for other users, since IK does NOT warn anyone it seems.

This was one of my biggest investments in the last year on iOS, while being on an extremely tight budget after covid decimated my income. I handed them some of my hard earned cash, so is it too much to expect a lasting quality product and service in return, or at least some common courtesy? This update is the worste disaster I have experienced with iOS apps so far and a slap in the face during an already rough time.

Even Positive Grid was much more responsive recently when their latest update of Bias FX2 wrecked all my expansion packs... they confirmed my bug report twice within 24 hours by different agents and they had a fix online within days. Kudos to them for that!

I should have known better to no longer update anything that works fine. Don’t fix what ain’t broken. Lesson learned. Also to think twice from now on about IK products and the way they do business.

This rant will do absolutely no good, I am aware of that, but it at least makes me feel a little better to vent about it. Just having no other choice than to stay positive and patient I guess, and hoping that they really will be able to fix this, or at least are willing to put the full effort in to do so.

I have a direct contact at Ik, will message her

• Message sent, asked them to get someone from IK to come into the thread

• @Gravitas said:
    @MAtrixplan and @DukeWonder

well it's not only about You. It's about other users that are not so often on the forum and could not see the discusssion. It's a clear message. After they fix it it could be changed to small letters and cut exclamation marks

• @AdiKrisH said:
    Hi guys,

This was a serious issue... but I managed to get a response from IK.

They were pretty quick to sort out the issue. Within 24 hours, I received a promo code from them and it worked.

I hope this helps. Try getting in touch with them and hopefully it'll work out for you guys as well.

Happy recording ^_^

This is what I suspect will be the only solution

• @MAtrixplan said:

@Gravitas said:
    @MAtrixplan and @DukeWonder

well it's not only about You. It's about other users that are not so often on the forum and could not see the discusssion.

That much is obvious.

It's a clear message. After they fix it it could be changed to small letters and cut exclamation marks

It was an attempt at humour and
    fell upon deaf ears it seems.

Without dragging up the reference,
    for the record I don’t care about the
    capital letters I care about seeing this
    issue resolved because it affects all of us
    not only the users who bought the product
    but all of the users on the iOS platform.
    This is about ethics, business practice
    and problem solving.
    We’re all on the same side.