Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SSL BigSix USB C mixer

edited December 2021 in Other

Man this looks perfect for what I need and I can maybe use it with my iPad Pro

SSL Big SiX - Compact Mixer with SuperAnalogue design
The SSL Big SiX is a the all new compact Mixer from SSL with SuperAnalogue design. The Big SiX features an essential version of G-Comp Bus Compressor, 3-band 4000E Series EQ and USB interface.

Based on the widely acclaimed Solid State Logic SiX desktop mixer and incorporating feedback from artists, producers and engineers to create the next step in SSL hybrid production, BiG SiX is a studio grade mixing console that combines features from legendary large-format SSL consoles with full USB integration, additional processing and extremely flexible routing to deliver the quality, features and workflow audio professionals have come to rely on from SSL.

BiG SiX’s SuperAnalogueTM design delivers the punch, clarity, and ultra-low distortion that engineers love from the 9000 series consoles with the flexibility of 16 channels of high-quality AD / DA conversion and USB interface. Featuring an essential version of the SSL G-Comp Bus Compressor now with renowned ‘Auto’ release, Channel processing in the form of Dynamics and three band EQ based on the iconic SSL 4000E, comprehensive monitoring section and up to 18 channels of analogue summing at mix-down, BiG SiX is the essential SSL studio.

https://studiocare.com/products/ssl-big-six-compact-mixer-with-superanalogue-design-with-essential-version-of-g-comp-bus-compressor-4000e-series-eq-and-usb-interface?fbclid=IwAR0lvvmnRxDKSa825Z3A03JiwEryVzfpHP3rIeAA7zdaV_jwLhfsXmc6gFo

Comments

• edited December 2021

This looks amazing :) If you get 16 Channels of I/O over USB that will be amazing!

• edited December 2021

I've checked the specs.

16 AD/DA's at 24bit 96kHz via usb.

Edited.

• This is going to be one of those boards you can hand down to your grand kids :smile:

• I dreamed about this lol

• edited December 2021

Yeah...me too.

What is sad, is that Korg could have done this with their Hybrid Mixer, but man, were they asleep at the wheel.
    https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/q9/rl4puyeikc36.png

• @echoopera said:
    Yeah...me too.

What is sad, is that Korg could have done this with their Hybrid Mixer, but man, were they asleep at the wheel.

I wanted something like this or the Tascam but I wanted a buss compressor. This for $3000 is perfect for me

• @Shazamm said:

@echoopera said:
    Yeah...me too.

I wanted something like this or the Tascam but I wanted a buss compressor. This for $3000 is perfect for me

I bought the Tascam Model 24 recently, there are definitely things I wish it had also but I really can’t complain considering it’s a mixer, stand alone multi tracker and audio interface for a thousand dollars, but I’m definitely interested in the SSL Big Six now 🤔

• Class compliant, too.

• MacBook M1-Pro or this? Hrmmmmm.

• $3000… I think I’ll keep the Kmix on my want list. Unless I sprout money.

Looks worth it though

• Yeah, this is one of those mixers...you buy it now, and you're good for life IMHO...

• Do it Mitch!

• Why is called Big 6

• Because it's the Big Sibling of the SSL Six mixer...the bigger one :)

• That's kinda doing themselves a disservice when everyone has some reference to the number of channels in the name.

• It's a marketing thing for sure...it's like Danny Devito and Arnold in Twins :)

• I'd love one of these, but it's probably overkill. My little K-Mix is doing a great job these days, and it's quite a bit smaller.

Maybe one day, though.

• Anyone Stress tested this with an decent iPad Pro and can comment on how well it works?

• Looks amazing and I’m sure it sounds even better.
    But personally I find way too pricey to use with an iPad. Since it doesn’t have motorized faders and “mixing gadgets” you’d still have to mix ITB, you’d probably need more tracks as well.
    I’m sure the sound quality is superb and you pay for that.

• @mistercharlie How is the K-Mix with the iPad? Is the onboard EQ nice and is it per channel EQ?

• @echoopera said:
    @mistercharlie How is the K-Mix with the iPad? Is the onboard EQ nice and is it per channel EQ?

It works perfectly with the iPad. EQ is per-channel, and the effects are fine. Clinical, but nice. I really don't use them, other than the reverb for guitar sometimes.

Also, some deep settings require a Mac or PC. Setting pre/post routing on inputs and out outputs, for example. In practice, you don't ever really need to change those.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but once you understand it all, it's a really flexible, powerful little box. The new Blue version has improved inputs too, although I can't remember what they improved.

• @Eutow said:
    Anyone Stress tested this with an decent iPad Pro and can comment on how well it works?

Bump

• I’m writing an article about the Big Six, and I need some juicy quotes.

I asked the same question on the Elektronauts forum, but I thought I might get different viewpoint here.
    My angle is that it’s the first proper mixer for modern musicians.

Most mixers are either built for the stage, or to record bands, with lots of microphone inputs, or they’re more like USB interfaces, with stereo inputs, USB, but no physical controls.

The Big Six is both. SSL quality, but with a ton of useful stereo ins and outs. It’s pretty perfect for the home studio, and you won’t need anything else.

I see it as kind of like a Mackie 1202 VLZ, only with USB and better sound.

Is that about right?

• @mistercharlie There’s a giant thread on the Big Six over at gearspace. I’m not sure I’d say it’s the “first proper mixer” but it could be perfect for many home studios, at least those whose owners can afford to spend $3,000 on a mixer.

• @Schmotown said:
    @mistercharlie There’s a giant thread on the Big Six over at gearspace. I’m not sure I’d say it’s the “first proper mixer” but it could be perfect for many home studios, at least those whose owners can afford to spend $3,000 on a mixer.

Nice, thanks!

• anyone ever use this with an ipad?