Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A question for MPD owners

Do you have the ability to configure each individual pad—such as MIDI channel, which note number to send, and CC—without using computer software?
Both my dinosaur controllers are capable of this, but I’d like to finally ditch the required AC adapter to become more portable. I need at least 16 pads, that’s my other main stipulation. I’ve been looking at other modern controllers and they indicate you can do the above with software, but even if it’s not required, I’m not sure they’ll state that.

Comments

• I bought an MPD226 specifically because you can fully configure it without a computer. There are some nice features in the software editor like batch-editing, but it’s not necessary!

It’s also bus-powered on iPad and iPhone if you hold the Up button as you turn it on. You don’t get backlighting on the pads but everything else is fully functional. Overall I’m happy with the quality, although I do get occasional double-triggering on the lower row of pads.

• edited December 2021

That is great news, thanks. So, have you ever needed to have certain pads be on a different midi channel?
    Or change the default note number it sends out per that pad(aside from octave shifting).

Sorry if it seems I’m asking the same question twice @jrjulius , I’m sure you understand before I drop the coin on one😬

• You can configure most of it from the interface of the 232 and 226, but cannot on the smaller one.
    There's also presets you can store.

That being said, get the pads you want. What your trying to accomplish is easily modifiable with Mozaic or some other midi translator.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    That is great news, thanks. So, have you ever needed to have certain pads be on a different midi channel?
    Or change the default note number it sends out per that pad(aside from octave shifting).

Sorry if it seems I’m asking the same question twice @jrjulius , I’m sure you understand before I drop the coin on one😬

Yes, you can set the pads to different note, pc, or cc values, and change the channel without a software editor. Same with knobs, sliders (cc only IIRC) and buttons (cc, pc, and note iirc).