Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Humanizer midi fx?

Hey, is there any midi AUv3 effect that receives a chord and randomizes/humanize the velocity and timing of chords in real time?

Comments

• What about just playing the chords on a keyboard? That’s by far the best way to humanize something.

Even if you don’t have great keyboard skills, playing a sequence over and over improves that particular sequence of chords pretty quickly.

• @michael_m said:
    What about just playing the chords on a keyboard? That’s by far the best way to humanize something.

Even if you don’t have great keyboard skills, playing a sequence over and over improves that particular sequence of chords pretty quickly.

To some of us... That keyboard may be the most difficult thing to command...

@cokomairena said:
    Hey, is there any midi AUv3 effect that receives a chord and randomizes/humanize the velocity and timing of chords in real time?

Have you tried Cality?

• edited December 2021

Mozaic for sure. Script called Ranbo is phenomenal. 16 channels, each can add velocity, & time idiosyncrasies within a set range, skip a percentage of notes, probability, etc… another good one is called humanise.

• Cality is cool too.

Atom 2 has some built in functionality too, like random velocity in a range, add swing, note probability, etc…

Also Mozaic has a script Au-Hasard to randomly alter a few or a bunch of incoming midi notes within a set scale, range, direction.

• Oh crap Chordjam, but it doesn’t receive chords, it takes individual notes and spits out a chord based on the scale you set. You can randomize timing, velocity, inversions, scale types, chord voicings, it’s pretty amazing.

• edited December 2021

@jolico said:
    Drambo

Thanks everyone!, drambo was a quick an easy fix (once I figured out I had to put the FX BEFORE the output, duh)

edit: I'm using it with my favorite chord tool: https://www.onemotion.com/chord-player/ (I play on the PC and send the midi through the network to the iPad)