Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChowMatrix Public Beta

Hi Folks,

I've been working the past couple weeks on a new version of ChowMatrix, and I'm to add iOS support as part of this release. It's still pretty early on, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a weird bug or a crash happening here or there, but I put up a TestFlight build in case anyone wants to try it. I've been testing on my iPad, but haven't had the chance to try it out on an iPhone yet, so I'm not sure how well things will work there.

TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/eKJCErRv

More information about the plugin:

Any and all feedback is very much appreciated, especially around the UI interactions.

Thanks,
Jatin

Comments

• Nice! Super excited to see ChowMatrix coming to iPad and iPhone. I love it on desktop. And my first beta! Good luck with it!

• edited December 2021

@chowdsp Fantastic - love this on desktop. Just loaded it in AUM and having far too much fun! Do you want feedback here or through testflight?

• Brilliant! Can’t wait to try

• This is great! Wouldn’t expect anything less from the Chowmeister. Very creative indeed, thank you Jatin!

• I would just comment though that when swiping up ‘ down to change the values of panning / feedback etc in the table, it is very easy to accidental change the wrong value, even on the largest iPad.

• Also - the user manual refers to mouse control - but how for example to solo a node on iPad?

• Didn’t realize @chowdsp that you had made modules for VCV. Very cool.

• @chowdsp said:
    Hi Folks,

I've been working the past couple weeks on a new version of ChowMatrix, and I'm to add iOS support as part of this release. It's still pretty early on, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a weird bug or a crash happening here or there, but I put up a TestFlight build in case anyone wants to try it. I've been testing on my iPad, but haven't had the chance to try it out on an iPhone yet, so I'm not sure how well things will work there.

TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/eKJCErRv

More information about the plugin:

Any and all feedback is very much appreciated, especially around the UI interactions.

Thanks,
    Jatin

WOW!!!!!!!

Thanks

• Dope. Just joined and excited to test. Big fan of your work @chowdsp

• Your apps are great on both iOS and macOS.

• Thanks all!

@enkaytee said:
    @chowdsp Fantastic - love this on desktop. Just loaded it in AUM and having far too much fun! Do you want feedback here or through testflight?

Feedback in either place is fine, though TestFlight might be better just to help keep things organized.

@Gavinski said:
    I would just comment though that when swiping up ‘ down to change the values of panning / feedback etc in the table, it is very easy to accidental change the wrong value, even on the largest iPad.

Yeah, that's a good point... I should figure a better way to get some separation between sliders.

@Gavinski said:
    Also - the user manual refers to mouse control - but how for example to solo a node on iPad?

Still trying to work out the best way to do this... right now I was thinking to use double-taps or long presses for some of the actions that are tied to mouse controls on desktop.

Thanks,
    Jatin

• Love chowmatrix, thanks!

• @chowdsp

This great. Is there a way to expand the graphic view and hide the text parameter view?

What gesture creates new nodes?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @chowdsp

This great. Is there a way to expand the graphic view and hide the text parameter view?

I thought the complete opposite. Adjustment needs to be easier. The graphic view should be no more than 1/3 the screen height. I suppose it is early days but the UI is hard to grab in many places.

• @Gavinski said:
    I would just comment though that when swiping up ‘ down to change the values of panning / feedback etc in the table, it is very easy to accidental change the wrong value, even on the largest iPad.

Would swipe left and right make it easier to drag settings?

• finally!:)
    hurray !:)
    fantastic delay/pitch/harmonizer lab.
    thanks Jatin.

for me it is a gamechanger.
    and I use on desktop since it was released:)

• edited December 2021

@espiegel123 said:
    @chowdsp

Two finger swipes move matrix view. Double tap inside matrix to add a new node.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @chowdsp

Thanks.

by "Two finger swipes move matrix view." do you mean scroll the view? Or is there some way to actually expand the size of the view? I was aware of the scrolling (and it is pretty jumpy for me currently).

• @Poppadocrock said:

Yes, thanks for catching that. And to delete a node, you currently double-tap on the node circle in the "matrix view". I think I'm going to add a menu that is shown on double-tap in the "details view" for all other actions. Eventually all of the node interactions will be in the manual, but I wanted to wait until things are more finalized before doing that.

The scrolling is definitely a bit more jumpy than I would prefer... will definitely have to spend some time on that.

One idea I was thinking about was to have options to only show the matrix view, or only show the details view... but first I need to figure out how :).

• @chowdsp said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Yes, thanks for catching that. And to delete a node, you currently double-tap on the node circle in the "matrix view". I think I'm going to add a menu that is shown on double-tap in the "details view" for all other actions. Eventually all of the node interactions will be in the manual, but I wanted to wait until things are more finalized before doing that.

The scrolling is definitely a bit more jumpy than I would prefer... will definitely have to spend some time on that.

One idea I was thinking about was to have options to only show the matrix view, or only show the details view... but first I need to figure out how :).

Maybe you could have a three little icons to the right of the text Chow Matrix: one for split view (what there is now), one for matrix only and one for text only. Or maybe they could live next to the Insanity slider.

• How to you add a node to another node rather than the L or R.

I am finding the double-tapping finicky -- sometimes my double-taps seem not to be recognized. I wonder if that is connected to the jumpiness of the view.

• @espiegel123 said:
    How to you add a node to another node rather than the L or R.

I am finding the double-tapping finicky -- sometimes my double-taps seem not to be recognized. I wonder if that is connected to the jumpiness of the view.

Answering my own question: tapping to select and then double-tapping near it will create a node connected to the node selected. If the screen is being jumpy it may seem not to work because the double tap might not be recognized and will de-select the select node.

• @espiegel123 said:
    How to you add a node to another node rather than the L or R.

Yea the matrix view does seem to move a little oddly but bear in mind this is first round of beta on a new project.

@espiegel123 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @chowdsp

Thanks.

by "Two finger swipes move matrix view." do you mean scroll the view? Or is there some way to actually expand the size of the view? I was aware of the scrolling (and it is pretty jumpy for me currently).

Yea you can scroll and move up, it is a little jumpy though, but if you hit that home button in bottom left corner of matrix it takes you back to the original view.

• Hi All,

I just published a new version of the ChowMatrix beta. Some of the updates include:

• options to only show the matrix view, or only show the details view (for iOS the default is matrix view only)
    • any extended mouse operations from the desktop can be done by long-pressing on the relevant component
    • smoother scrolling

Definitely let me know if you run into any issues!

• Hey folks! I was hoping to be ready for a release of ChowMatrix within the next week or so. Just wanted to check if anyone had the chance to try out the new TestFlight build, and if they had run into any issues?

Thanks,
    Jatin

• @chowdsp said:
    Hey folks! I was hoping to be ready for a release of ChowMatrix within the next week or so. Just wanted to check if anyone had the chance to try out the new TestFlight build, and if they had run into any issues?

Thanks,
    Jatin

The new build doesn't show up for me in TestFlight. It still shows the initial testflight build

• @espiegel123 said:

@chowdsp said:
    Hey folks! I was hoping to be ready for a release of ChowMatrix within the next week or so. Just wanted to check if anyone had the chance to try out the new TestFlight build, and if they had run into any issues?

Thanks,
    Jatin

The new build doesn't show up for me in TestFlight. It still shows the initial testflight build

I’m only seeing 1.2.1 in TF.

• Ah, thanks for letting me know! I tried selecting some different settings in the TestFlight controls on my end. Hopefully that will fix it?

• @chowdsp said:
    Ah, thanks for letting me know! I tried selecting some different settings in the TestFlight controls on my end. Hopefully that will fix it?

Got it