Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

La Vie En Rose/Feeling Good - Tascam iM2, Neon, Altispace2

edited December 2021 in Creations

Dug out my old Tascam iM2 external mic to record some acoustic guitar on my phone - sound quality is very, very good. (I did a quick search and you can pick these up on eBay real cheap, but you need a lightning to 30 pin connector which is a lot more expensive than the actual mic :D)

Taylor GS mini -> Tascam iM2 -> iPhone -> Neon Audio Editor (really like this app!) -> AltiSpace2 (EMT250 Plate)

(Please excuse the phone message received in the middle!)

Comments

• Great playing, especially the change of pace at 1:20ish. Nice to hear some real string / finger noise as well.

• Nice! That does sound good indeed! Great playing as well!

This reminds me that I’ve still been needing to purchase a steel string acoustic.

• Thanks for listening @GeoTony @Edward_Alexander - always appreciated.

Here's another recording (Feeling Good) using the same set up - just started gigging an acoustic set with a singer, my first gig in nearly 2 years! Nice to get out again.

• Very calming for troubled times 🙏

• I had to stop and find that right word to describe this music... I settled on "musicianship".

skill as a musician

How does Neon compare with other DAW suspects? Is it less but actually more? More or less?

• It’s whenever I hear playing like this that compels we to learn the instrument I just heard being played.

I especially love the first minute-ish, but I love it all.

• Thanks for the kind words @LinearLineman @Blipsford_Baubie

Thanks @McD I've been using Neon standalone as a much needed replacement for TwistedWave - works very well and the dev is very responsive.