Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

In case you need new headphones

Status Audio are having a crazy sale on their studio headphones CB-1 for $33:
https://www.status.co/products/cb1
Some great reviews. Sadly they don't deliver to my part of the world, but someone else could profit from the offer :)

Comments

• Super cool. I'll give these a try :) Thanks!

• Thank you.
    I ordered a pair.

• I’ve ordered. I’m in the UK.

• edited December 2021

Thanks @branis, purchased and looking forward to trying them out. Where are you located that they don’t ship to?

Here’s Audiophileon review…

https://audiophileon.com/news/status-audio-cb-1/

• Awesome guys, I hope they're as good as the reviews say :)

@LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @branis, purchased and looking forward to trying them out. Where are you located that they don’t ship to?

Here’s Audiophileon review…

https://audiophileon.com/news/status-audio-cb-1/

I'm in Serbia. We're in Europe, but not part of the EU, so some companies don't ship here

• @branis, ahh, sorry. Here’s a tech radar review. Slightly more down to earth…

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/status-audio-cb-1

• I got my headphones yesterday. They sound pretty good and they sure block out external noise.

• Just received my pair as well. Going to give them a test over the next few days and see how they compare to my Sony MDR 7506 and Beyer DT 770...

• Just tested mine and they put my usual headphones to shame... impressively tight low end and they really block out sound in the room. Nice sonic imaging.

• Damn. I think my pkg was stolen. Supposed to been here yesterday.

• Looks like the price has increased:

• I like my CB-1 cans a lot - they're what I've been using as my main set lately. I like the width of the stereo spectrum and the bass is nice and full. They're great, especially for the price.

• Mine finally showed up today.
    Pretty great sounding and feeling.

• Missed the sale

• I will state that these headphones are a good value at the $49 price: good imaging, good external sound blocking and really tight low end make them a stand out for budget conscious buyers.

At $33 it was a true black friday highlight and they deserver positive marketing value for
    growing the user base. Now I take all their products more seriously and I'm sure that was the intent of the "crazy" sale pricing strategy.

• Don’t know if you’re in the states or not @Optahealth, but it looks like they are still offering a deal on their site:

• That would be $44.10, which is still a pretty good deal.

• @SNystrom said:
    That would be $44.10, which is still a pretty good deal.

True. If your in the market for cost effective mixing and listening headphones... especially if you do your work in a noisy environment.

• edited December 2021

Received the CB-1s. My thoughts... Very good stereo imaging, crisp sound. Minimal bass enhancement. Good build quality.

Very good for jazz guitar, jazz, small combos, Bach Cello. Orchestral not great. My own tracks sound pretty poor… but that’s my production skills.

Overall a bit too bright for my tastes. Does not sound as neutral as the Sony 7506s. Wouldn’t use for mixing. Not great comfort. They get warm pretty quick. Reasonable sound isolation. Good quality detachable cords.

At $35 certainly good, Now at $59 ok. At $79-$100 I think there are better choices. Just my opinion, of course.

• Not great comfort. They get warm pretty quick. Reasonable sound isolation. Good quality detachable cords.

At $35 certainly good, Now at $59 ok. At $79-$100 I think there are better choices. Just my opinion, of course.

Comfort is my number 1 priority.
    Most headphones I have tried give me a headache pretty quickly and I want to just rip them off of my head.

Who can recommend an uber comfortable, lightweight pair of headphones, with decent sound quality at a reasonable price?

• @Optahealth. I really like my Sony 7506. Good monitoring. Reasonably neutral. I can wear them for a very long time… but I got used to them . Price under $100. A studio standard for decades. YouTube reviews always talk about comfort.

• @Optahealth my KRK KNS 8400’s are uber comfortable due to their memory foam ear and head cushions. If you like your current phones consider upgrading the pads to memory foam:)

• If we're going to switch from bang for the buck to comfort then here's a list:

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/et/0j6pn49b68lo.png

• @McD said:
    If we're going to switch from bang for the buck to comfort then here's a list:

It’s both an unordered list, and an ordered list. This is troubling in so many ways (well, 5, apparently, but not in that order)

• @Optahealth said:

Not great comfort. They get warm pretty quick. Reasonable sound isolation. Good quality detachable cords.

Comfort is my number 1 priority.
    Most headphones I have tried give me a headache pretty quickly and I want to just rip them off of my head.

Who can recommend an uber comfortable, lightweight pair of headphones, with decent sound quality at a reasonable price?

Maono AU-MH601

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Optahealth said:

Maono AU-MH601

$43... you got my attention. Low price and comfort? Reviews do indicate durability issues
    but good for a few months maybe.

• @u0421793 said:

@McD said:
    If we're going to switch from bang for the buck to comfort then here's a list:

It’s both an unordered list, and an ordered list. This is troubling in so many ways (well, 5, apparently, but not in that order)

Classic @u0421793 comment... "It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, but perhaps there is a key." My money is on Bb Lydian. Dada seeks MoMA. No pets.

• edited December 2021

@McD said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Optahealth said:

Maono AU-MH601

$43... you got my attention. Low price and comfort? Reviews do indicate durability issues

I have these headphone since 2019. No problem. Confort A+ for my big head. Good Sounds. As good as my Beyerdynamic Custom Pro.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@McD said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@Optahealth said:

Maono AU-MH601

I have these headphone since 2019. No problem. Confort A+ for my big head. Good Sounds. As good as my Beyerdynamic Custom Pro.

I also have a Maono microphone. 75 CAD$. As good as the Blue Yeti Mic (160$ CAD).

Maono is a good brand in my book.