Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apartheid is Fascism ( or: your crypto won’t save you when the jackboots come-a-marching).

edited December 2021 in Creations

So I’m Covid positive and I did this on my first day off work. It’s a sort of free form wintery and bleak drone song. Over use of piano book but still, I like the sound and it fits the brain fog quite well. It’s made as a background music to a video by a friend of mine. ( not sure if he agrees with me about crypto, but I hope he agrees with me about apartheid).

Have fun. I’m not. This isn’t his film by the way, it’s some cobbled together stuff I made for my YouTube.

Comments

• Well, that's needlessly provocative headline doesn't serve this excellent piece of music at all! (Despite the fact that I agree, probably, with the sentiment.)

I hit play and forgot I did and was digging this and looking at my various playlists trying to find out what it was! Was this the new Microphones? Something from my long-gestating Ambient playlist on apple music? Anyway, it's great. Would love to hear more.

• edited December 2021

@cuscolima said:
    Good job

Thank you!!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Well, that's needlessly provocative headline doesn't serve this excellent piece of music at all! (Despite the fact that I agree, probably, with the sentiment.)

I hit play and forgot I did and was digging this and looking at my various playlists trying to find out what it was! Was this the new Microphones? Something from my long-gestating Ambient playlist on apple music? Anyway, it's great. Would love to hear more.

Thanks very much I will keep at it! Maybe tone down the titles though, having said that I felt this had a bit of a Godspeed! You black emperor vibe so ran with it for the title too.

And thank you, those are very very kind words indeed!!

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Well, that's needlessly provocative headline doesn't serve this excellent piece of music at all! (Despite the fact that I agree, probably, with the sentiment.)

I guess I was born too late to exist in an era when saying the obvious (fascism is bad) wasn’t controversial. My grandfather grew up in such a time, when he helped save America from fascists in ww2.

We’ve taken political correctness WAY too far when we start worrying about offending the sensibilities of fascists…far too many Americans have lost their lives protecting the country from their cruelty and abuses, for us to callously disregard their sacrifice by coddling such an objectively inhumane ideology.

That said, great music btw and don’t ever let anyone dissuade you from expressing your morality through your art.

• @Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I guess I was born too late to exist in an era when saying the obvious (fascism is bad) wasn’t controversial. My grandfather grew up in such a time, when he helped save America from fascists in ww2.

We’ve taken political correctness WAY too far when we start worrying about offending the sensibilities of fascists…far too many Americans have lost their lives protecting the country from their cruelty and abuses, for us to callously disregard their sacrifice by coddling such an objectively inhumane ideology.

That said, great music btw and don’t ever let anyone dissuade you from expressing your morality through your art.

You mistake my sarcasm! I'm firmly in the anti-fascist camp, though it's weird to think there are people who are on the fence about that!

• @Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thank you so much! It’s so weird, i totally agree with you. I feel like we are circling the drain and the left has become powerless over the last decade or so, and the right are just out and out racists and xenophobia. Anyway thank you very much for your lovely words!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

You mistake my sarcasm! I'm firmly in the anti-fascist camp, though it's weird to think there are people who are on the fence about that!

I know it’s so strange who is in bed with who. I think the Pandora’s box has been opened unfortunately.

• @sevenape said:
    I feel like we are circling the drain and the left has become powerless over the last decade or so, and the right are just out and out racists and xenophobia.

Interesting view.

When I read the right wing news sites the feeling they have is the left is totally in control of the media and government.

And the left wing sites say the media, big business and government are in it together to exploit the masses for dollars.

Both side seems to think they are the underdog.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

We live in a world where mainstream conservative publications can have op-Ed’s taking umbrage with people for using neo-Nazi and neo-Fascism interchangeably — which leaves the impression that one of those ideologies is not objectionable.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

We live in a world where mainstream conservative publications can have op-Ed’s taking umbrage with people for using neo-Nazi and neo-Fascism interchangeably — which leaves the impression that one of those ideologies is not objectionable.

Excellent observation.

The only good fascist is a non-existent fascist.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

As far as I know, there are no fascist countries in existence on the planet right now. I understand one's art should not be held to traditional standards, but does fascism exist in South Africa today? Is apartheid still a part of any government there?

• @NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

As far as I know, there are no fascist countries in existence on the planet right now. I understand one's art should not be held to traditional standards, but does fascism exist in South Africa today? Is apartheid still a part of any government there?

Isn’t Hungary close? How far is Turkey and Erdogan from fascism? Does its Islamist bent make it not fascist? Just because there are no fascists at our gates doesn’t mean they’re not trying. I’ve always hated the knee jerk comparisons to Hitler and Nazis and fascists that are facile and hyperbolic, but it’s always way too close for comfort.

Also, I don’t think there was ever a fascist government in South Africa, no matter how racist Apartheid was. We should be rigorous about what these words mean, or we run the risk of losing their meaning.

• @mulletsaison said:

@NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

Isn’t Hungary close? How far is Turkey and Erdogan from fascism? Does its Islamist bent make it not fascist? Just because there are no fascists at our gates doesn’t mean they’re not trying. I’ve always hated the knee jerk comparisons to Hitler and Nazis and fascists that are facile and hyperbolic, but it’s always way too close for comfort.

Also, I don’t think there was ever a fascist government in South Africa, no matter how racist Apartheid was. We should be rigorous about what these words mean, or we run the risk of losing their meaning.

Like I said, art isn’t meant to adhere to traditional norms for accuracy. Art is often a heightened version of reality.

• @mulletsaison said:
    We should be rigorous about what these words mean, or we run the risk of losing their meaning.

True.

When the left don't like a right wing politician they brand them fascist.

When the right don't like a left wing politician they brand them communist.

The labels become meaningless.

• @mulletsaison said:

@NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

I’m from Hungary and I can say this country is very-very far from being fascist. It’s very safe to live here for everyone whatever the mainstream media tries to suggest. Actually it hurts me each time I hear this bullshit. 🙁

• If you consider exactly what apartheid is and was, it could never exist in a real open democracy, apartheid uses fascist tools such as censorship, detention without trial, assassination, targeting of children, corruption, military might, heightened concepts of nationalism, authoritarian politics, cronyism… these are all tools utilised by fascist regimes and all practiced to some extent by apartheid regimes past and present.

If you practice the idea of “apartness” in this way you are fascist.

Anything else Is arguing semantics.

Imho

• @GLacey said:

@mulletsaison said:

@NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

I’m from Hungary and I can say this country is very-very far from being fascist. It’s very safe to live here for everyone whatever the mainstream media tries to suggest. Actually it hurts me each time I hear this bullshit. 🙁

I’m happy to hear that! And I hope it’s true for Roma and homosexual people too.

• @sevenape said:
    If you consider exactly what apartheid is and was, it could never exist in a real open democracy, apartheid uses fascist tools such as censorship, detention without trial, assassination, targeting of children, corruption, military might, heightened concepts of nationalism, authoritarian politics, cronyism… these are all tools utilised by fascist regimes and all practiced to some extent by apartheid regimes past and present.

Imho

Apartheid, Fascistic, Segregation, Democracy….blurred are those lines, semantically always.

• @sevenape said:

@GLacey said:

I’m happy to hear that! And I hope it’s true for Roma and homosexual people too.

When I said everyone it's everyone. Do you think it's not safe for them?

• Just to counterpoint this... I just moved home to Hungary from UK (which btw atm only a tiny bit better broadly speaking in this regard). The general complacency is breathtaking when it comes to most of these controversial policies. :(

• @GLacey said:

@sevenape said:

@GLacey said:

Well that’s the news we get, if you say that it’s not true and that everyone means everyone then I’m very happy. Having lived 8 years in Czech Republic, and 3 months in Budapest I’m not so sure, but I have to take your word for it. If what you say is true then I’m very happy!

• @sevenape said:

@GLacey said:

@sevenape said:

@GLacey said:

Well that’s the news we get, if you say that it’s not true and that everyone means everyone then I’m very happy. Having lived 8 years in Czech Republic, and 3 months in Budapest I’m not so sure, but I have to take your word for it. If what you say is true then I’m very happy!

And to be entirely transparent I don’t trust what I read in the MSM.

I do however, trust amnesty international.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/europe-and-central-asia/hungary/report-hungary/

• @knewspeak said:

@sevenape said:
    If you consider exactly what apartheid is and was, it could never exist in a real open democracy, apartheid uses fascist tools such as censorship, detention without trial, assassination, targeting of children, corruption, military might, heightened concepts of nationalism, authoritarian politics, cronyism… these are all tools utilised by fascist regimes and all practiced to some extent by apartheid regimes past and present.

Imho

Apartheid, Fascistic, Segregation, Democracy….blurred are those lines, semantically always.

Very true Yoda!

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Just to counterpoint this... I just moved home to Hungary from UK (which btw atm only a tiny bit better broadly speaking in this regard). The general complacency is breathtaking when it comes to most of these controversial policies. :(

The UK is a shit show. I’m so glad I left that place. When you speak about complacency I see it in every phone call or message with my friends back home

• Maybe one of the few creations post in this forum that I like.

Congratulations

• I applaud 👏 your position, concerns and the way you explicitly state your message @sevenape. I can’t for the life of me understand how someone might be bothered by the title or message.
    It’s not “punk” or “transgressive”, it’s common sense!. They’re not “protest” songs, just describing reality.
    I too, have my opinion about the crypto thingy. Very much on your boat!. Keep it going! 🙌💥

• edited December 2021

@GLacey said:

Recently was few day in Budapest and was absolutely amazed by this city. Very beautiful city, full of tourists of all skin color tones :)) but everybody was polite here .. i have to say i felt VERY safe there, also all people were very kind and helpful. (i'm neighbour from Slovakia). I hope i will return there more times, there is tons of things to explore. My most favourite european city for now !

• @sevenape said:
    So I’m Covid positive and I did this on my first day off work. It’s a sort of free form wintery and bleak drone song. Over use of piano book but still, I like the sound and it fits the brain fog quite well. It’s made as a background music to a video by a friend of mine. ( not sure if he agrees with me about crypto, but I hope he agrees with me about apartheid).

Have fun. I’m not. This isn’t his film by the way, it’s some cobbled together stuff I made for my YouTube.

Nice track ! Thanks for sharing ! :)

• @GLacey said:

@mulletsaison said:

@NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

Oh hey. :) I'm from Hungary, too - and I agree it is nowhere near fascism. It is, sadly, increasingly becoming a dictatorial system, a democracy more on paper than in spirit - which is sad to see just a few decades after the country got rid of another kind of dictatorship. But that's a different topic.

• @sevenape said:

@GLacey said:

@mulletsaison said:

@NeuM said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Eschatone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Excellent observation.

Touché, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.