Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthony No.1 Revisited

edited December 2021 in Creations

It has been 2 1/2 years since I created this five movement, symphony-like, piece. It was only a few months into the iOS journey. So early I did not even know how to save a project, so the original instrumental tracks are lost. My production skills have certainly improved since then, but thanks to a remastering by @rs2000 the original is still quite listenable, IMO.

I did rejigger the volumes for this version, improving the dramatic tension a bit. Worth noting is that I did not know how to midi edit back then, so every note is based on my original and unaltered piano improvisations.

Actually very few apps used… Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk Strings, Horns, Vibraphone and Guitar, iFretless Bass and Brass, ISymphonic Strings, Horns and Soprano voice, and iM1 for the synth effects. And recorded on an inexpensive Casio keyboard.

Relistening to this I can see how I was on fire with the thrill of having a virtual orchestra and multitracking at my fingertips. It must have inspired the piano improvs because, for sure, they were once in a lifetime performances… never to be repeated. Thanks to @McD for the encouragement he gave me at the time. We had just met and he was very kind and supportive. Also, thanks to @CracklePot for saving me when my ipad4 froze up by explaining the hard reset. Lol, I was freaked I had lost it all! Thems were the days! As always, the wonderful folks on ABF made this possible.

Unfortunately, headphones are a must with this one.

Recorded by the Marmaris Sea in Istanbul, Turkey 2018.

Comments

• ... Relistening to this I can see how I was on fire with the thrill of having a virtual orchestra and multitracking at my fingertips. It must have inspired the piano improvs because, for sure, they were once in a lifetime performances…

Indeed, that was an outstanding performance.
    I tried my best to fix the distorted tracks and boxy sound 😉

Still a pleasure to listen to this masterpiece, just recently I've played this very track to a friend who wanted to know what's possible on an iPad today.

• Thanks @rs2000. You really fixed it up best as possible considering what you had to work with. Great job!

• McDMcD
    edited December 2021

2018... this is where I came in. Reality is playing in a loop.

"Get Out".

That iM1 synth that sounds like a slide whistle gets to me every time.
    Is the iM1 still on sale or did it end Nov 30? It's still on sale! I'm getting it to
    have that slide whistle sound.

• edited December 2021

@McD .. lol, I think it was iM1😳 yep, that’s where you came in and ABF is fortunate you did. PS check out the Status Audio headphone thread for $35

• Wow... iM1 has a great collection of morph'ing sounds. I scooped up the 2 IAP "cards" too.
    If it's not buried in frozen tracks, can you tell me what iM1 presets are involved with this project?

I'm a sucker for windy flute tones. I just love them... btooles, pan flutes, steam-y rectal probes, ear cleaning wands, paint removing steam rifles...

• Long gone @McD, long gone.