Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• @LFS This might be something for the Cubasis team as well once it goes open-source :sunglasses:

• Amazing! 🙌🏼

• Exactly what we need for Animoog-Z! ;)

• Awesome. For some reason I’ve been having trouble seeing @White posts on a regular basis and I’m not sure why…?

Any ideas @Michael

• @Poppadocrock White's post is two embedded tweets, maybe you have a blocker that's preventing those from showing up?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Awesome. For some reason I’ve been having trouble seeing @White posts on a regular basis and I’m not sure why…?

Any ideas @Michael

Just had the same weird

• edited December 2021

@Jumpercollins said:

Just had the same weird

Something to do with your browser blocking Twitter. I had that as well but not sure what I changed.

• @NoiseFloored said:
    @Poppadocrock White's post is two embedded tweets, maybe you have a blocker that's preventing those from showing up?

I do have an ad blocker on, that’s Probably it. Thanks.

It’s been happening a lot and it seems to be only @White posts

I’ll check out my settings, thanks again.

• edited December 2021

You guys might not know this, but Geert works at Moog “ Software Engineering Manager at Moog Music ” so likely had a hand in creating Animoog Z.

So yes, i imagine this is specifically designed so that it will work perfectly with Animoog. Thanks Geert, can’t wait to get the chance to use this tool!

• Great news !

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NoiseFloored said:
    @Poppadocrock White's post is two embedded tweets, maybe you have a blocker that's preventing those from showing up?

I do have an ad blocker on, that’s Probably it. Thanks.

It’s been happening a lot and it seems to be only @White posts

I’ll check out my settings, thanks again.

That's really strange, I just copied the link from the Twitter app using the "Kopier link" button:

• OMG... Geert making this was already awesome... But he's even making it open source.
    A true gentleman and our champion!

• Nice, especially after finding out Animoog Z can’t record MIDI properly in Cubasis. I generally like audio better, but some times I want the MIDI

• wimwim
    edited December 2021

Whut??! So awesome on so many levels.
    Def. gonna lose myself for many, many days in that source code and use the app like crazy. B)
    Fantastic and inspiring generosity.

• I think so many apps failing to capture and playback Animoog’s output must have been an inspiration. Hopefully, @blueveek will take a look and see if there is a clue as to why Atom’s capture and playback doesn’t work right for Animoog Z

• I know right.

I haven’t adjusted anything yet. I do use the free version of Adguard, no IAP purchased.

I can see your last one @White

• @White said:

Are the effects created by the Corr and Glide controls reflected in Animoog’s midi output and capturable by this recorder?

• edited December 2021

I found this persons Blog post on their MIDI Recorder project quite interesting. It’s a web based implementation:
    https://mortenson.coffee/blog/making-multi-track-tape-recorder-midi-javascript

I guess we’re about to see a few of these show up since a lot of people have found Music as a rewarding escape these past 2 years.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I know right.

I haven’t adjusted anything yet. I do use the free version of Adguard, no IAP purchased.

its related to settings-safari-extensions-adguard social. turn off that one. leave others on try again. hope it works

• I love this man. His code is top tier and should be easy to implement.

• Thanks for posting about this project I spent my vacation on, lol! :)

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@White said:

Are the effects created by the Corr and Glide controls reflected in Animoog’s midi output and capturable by this recorder?

Yes, they are and they're perfectly played back.

• @GeertBevin This will be a very welcome addition to our mobile music making experience.. thank you for following + sharing your passions.. 🙏

• edited December 2021

I love the logo he created and shared. Simple but effective.

• I guess my main question is… nevermind it will have sample accurate midi timing! WooooWhoooo!

• @GeertBevin

If there is any beta opportunities count me in on this…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @GeertBevin

Thanks, yeah I will release it as an open beta first together with the source code (which is actually already publicly on GitHub). Once I feel it's tested enough, it'll be released for free in the App Store with donations being welcomed :)

• Cool stuff.

I'm liking the potential app icon too:

• edited December 2021

@GeertBevin said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @GeertBevin

Thanks, yeah I will release it as an open beta first together with the source code (which is actually already publicly on GitHub). Once I feel it's tested enough, it'll be released for free in the App Store with donations being welcomed :)

Are you Cereal? This is some best news I’ve had in awhile. Wow! 🙏 thank you. I can’t wait to try this out.

Just to clarify only the source code is on GitHub, and the beta will soon follow?

I make a meager living but if this app is as useful and helpful as I think it will be, consider my small donation ready to go.