Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rhino - Guitar Amp Sim by Aurora DSP - Released

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1581107188

Description:

• INPUT - 
noise gate, 
3 signal characteristics, 
low-pass filtering

———

• PREAMP - 
4 preamp models, 
4 pedal boosters with separate blending, 
3-band tone stack
2-band filtering

• PREAMP EFFECTS - 
4 pedal boosters,
separate blending

———

• EQ with Tone Matching - 
4-band graphic equalizer
Tone matching with 3 different tone types

• MOD FX - 
flanger, 
chorus,
phaser

• TIME FX -
echo, 
3 delays, 
algorithm reverb,
convolution reverb,

• CAB - 
4-file impulse response mixer
Power Amp module with 3 characteristics

• OUTPUT - 
low-end dynamics controller 
limiter

• TUNER - 
Accurate, fast tuning

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 12.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Yisssss purchased. Was hoping it’d be out before I get my new iPad for Christmas :)

• edited December 2021

No AUv3 or even IAA, which means no AudioBus, right? It is AUv3 even though not mentioned in App Store

It looks cool. Reminds me a little of Amp ONE in its purity of vision.

https://apps.apple.com/app/amp-one-guitar-amps-and-effects-processor-based-on/id936560060

• @mojozart the public beta was auv3. I have had such little time to play guitar so didn’t put in my work as a tester, but I think a lot of people will like this. So much tweakability.

• edited December 2021

@bcrichards said:
    @mojozart the public beta was auv3. I have had such little time to play guitar so didn’t put in my work as a tester, but I think a lot of people will like this. So much tweakability.

I expect I will like it. I admire the interface and new approach to guitar amp sim.

But I wasn't expecting zero connectivity.

• @mojozart said:

@bcrichards said:
    @mojozart the public beta was auv3. I have had such little time to play guitar so didn’t put in my work as a tester, but I think a lot of people will like this. So much tweakability.

I expect I will like it. I admire the interface and new approach to guitar amp sim.

But I wasn't expecting zero connectivity.

Are you sure it has no connectivity ? As bcrichards says the public beta was AUv3. It would be surprising if he pulled it. Might be worth contacting the dev. He might have forgotten to mention it in the App Store description.

• Pretty big omission for the App Store but yeah I’d contact dev make sure. It has just now disappeared from my TestFlight…

• edited December 2021

UPDATE: It is AUv3.

It reveals its true nature after a reboot.

I'm running iPadOS 15.1 and this is the first time that a reboot has been needed for AUv3 activation since updating to iPadOS 14.

• @mojozart said:

I'm running iPadOS 15.1 and this is the first time that a reboot has been needed for AUv3 activation since updating to iPadOS 14.

This is something that can happen in any OS version and is out of developers' control.

• edited December 2021

@espiegel123 said:

@mojozart said:

This is something that can happen in any OS version and is out of developers' control.

AUv3 invisibility was addressed in a recent iOS update, no?

Nevertheless, if the App Store description said it was AUv3 then I would have given it the benefit of the doubt and rebooted before whining. Sorry for the distraction. At least now there is AUv3 confirmation despite no mention in the App Store.

• @mojozart said:

@espiegel123 said:

@mojozart said:

AUv3 invisibility was addressed in a recent iOS update, no?

Nevertheless, if the App Store description said it was AUv3 then I would have given it the benefit of the doubt and rebooted before whining. Sorry for the distraction. At least now there is AUv3 confirmation despite no mention in the App Store.

This is different from the issue of no AUv3's being visible (which is rare generally and has not been fixed). This is an issue that results in the OS sometimes not adding a newly downloaded AU to its internal database until a reboot. It happens rarely but regularly and has been a feature of every version of the OS since AUs were added.

• edited December 2021

haha shit, now I cant use it for free any more :D

no but seriously, I enjoy the sound and have been waiting for quite a while now. this was officially gonna be released last summer but then I didn't hear anything from the devs for quite a while...

p.s.: wasn't their bass amp app Mammoth way more expensive in the past? Guess it might be on sale right now, i highly recommend grabbing it!

• So far, I really like Rhino. I like an amp like this that I can manipulate.

Except for sunken cost holding me back, I'm tempted to delete most of my other guitar rig apps.

• This reminds me a bit in concept of the old Vandal amp which was fantastic. Shame it's all but abandoned. Out with the old in with the new.

• edited December 2021

Latency get fixed from beta? I’m assuming it did but wanna make sure. I love THU but this is a nice more compact solution that sounds good.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Latency get fixed from beta? I’m assuming it did but wanna make sure. I love THU but this is a nice more compact solution that sounds good.

Yes. It was fixed in the later beta updates.

• I'm pretty freaking impressed. There is huge tonal range in this beast. But for me the fuzz is the icing on the cake. Might have to get this for the desktop. It is simply awesome.

I have an iRig one which is howling like a banshee. Would an iRig 2 do the same thing? High gain only.

• @Ailerom said:
    I have an iRig one which is howling like a banshee. Would an iRig 2 do the same thing? High gain only.

I'm not sure I follow. iRig Solo is feeding back? The iRigs that connect through USB or Lightning are OK. The entry level ones that plug into the headphone jack are noisy.

• edited December 2021

@mojozart said:

@Ailerom said:

I'm not sure I follow. iRig Solo is feeding back? The iRigs that connect through USB or Lightning are OK. The entry level ones that plug into the headphone jack are noisy.

It's the first version ever created. They are known to be problematic with feeding back. Mainly with high gain sounds from my experience. Yes it plugs in to the headphone jack. I just wondered if the iRig second generation had the same problem.

Or, alternatively, what is the cheapest way to plug my guitar into an iPad.

• edited December 2021

@Ailerom said:

aren't the irigs that plug into the headphone jack basically just passive DIs? You can get a passive DI box for like 10 bucks. Millenium DI-E from Thomann is 11,50€ plus an xlr to 3,5mm adapter for 2€. then maybe a trrs splitter cable so you have input and output...

I did have an iRig 2 for a short while and also remember it being terribly noisy, and I did record a metal track or two but can't remember any feedback problems in Garageband back then... but me and this thing parted ways very quickly...

the cheapest way that actually makes sense would probably be to just look for a used iRig 2 HD ;) I still love it for its portability. just think about how many pedals it can replace and the price becomes very reasonable ;)

• @Ailerom said:

Not the cheapest but I’ve begun using an Apogee Jam+ for guitar and it’s really good. Even the built-in distortion pedal button.

• @Ailerom

The cheapest audio interface with reasonable quality
    as far as I know at the moment is the Behringer UM2.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AVV

• Bought Rhino yesterday and I kind of like it, not the noise-gate but that's easy enough to use something else. I'm a big fan of TH-U so I was a bit reluctant to buy this but so far I don't regret it. I have a Focusrite Scarlett and an LTD with active(I think) mics and it works really well but then again - I do not have much to compare with.

• edited December 2021

@Gravitas said:
    @Ailerom

The cheapest audio interface with reasonable quality
    as far as I know at the moment is the Behringer UM2.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AVV

Thanks. Hadn't heard about that one. Looks like it is usb powered which is a surprise. Can the iPad handle it?

This picture is good enough for me though. Sold!

• @dobbs said:
    would probably be to just look for a used iRig 2 HD ;)

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the list and and keep my eyes peeled.

• @dobbs said:
    would probably be to just look for a used iRig 2 HD ;)

Yah, the iRig HD 2 is the simplest, smallest gizmo that delivers a strong low-noise signal.

• @Ailerom said:

Thanks. Hadn't heard about that one. Looks like it is usb powered which is a surprise. Can the iPad handle it?

I think the iPad can handle it though I haven't tried it myself.

• Is this an intro (sale) price that will go up soon, or is this just the final price?

• Demo coming soon.

• edited December 2021

Just started playing with Rhino. It takes such an original approach. No little pictures of amps or pedals or knobs. No "cabling" together an effects chain. A super efficient interface wherein everything you could possibly need to adjust is immediately accessible.

It also sounds excellent. Though most of the presets are heavier than I prefer, I'm sure that with some time I'll be able to push it more toward clean / edge-of-breakup. As much as I love TH-U and Nembrini, Rhino has the potential to become the only sim I'll need. (That is until the next amazing one comes along...)

• @Schmotown said:
    Just started playing with Rhino. It takes such an original approach. No little pictures of amps or pedals or knobs. No "cabling" together an effects chain. A super efficient interface wherein everything you could possibly need to adjust is immediately accessible.

It also sounds excellent. Though most of the presets are heavier than I prefer, I'm sure that with some time I'll be able to push it more toward clean / edge-of-breakup. As much as I love TH-U and Nembrini, Rhino has the potential to become the only sim I'll need. (That is until the next amazing one comes along...)

I just removed all other amp sims off my iPhone except Rhino. I’ll still use Thu and Nembrini on my iPad, but Rhino is perfect on my phone.