Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Changing Genres

Wondering if anyone has experience changing genres that they’d like to share.

Until now, I’ve been focusing on hip-hop with a little bit of EDM thrown in there. However, I’m finding that I don’t actually have a passion for it. I was going that direction because I saw it as the quickest way into make music my day job.

I’m now looking to make the switch to making music for video games, tv shows, movies, and maybe even jingles for YouTube channels and such.

I’m curious if anyone has any stories they’d like to share of their experiences making a change like this. And I’m always open to advice.

Comments

• Well i’m not a professional but I have been playing music since I was 9 years old. I have been doing a lot of different stuff
    -rock, guitar. Band in the music school
    -musical, singing
    - starting out electronic music on amiga500
    - More rock on guitar and various on bass. Played in different bands line normal high school stuff and personal rock project.
    - Triphop band
    - Various guitar and electronick music for theater
    - Techno in an duo
    - Hiphop/rap. Making beats and rapping in a band
    - more techno by myself
    - -experimenting with doing rock with acoustic instruments.
    - Ditched ALL electric and electronic instruments and started playing 5 string banjo. Also picked up the fiddle. I have been playing old time music for almost 15 years and in an oldtime band for about 10 years.
    - Now back to electronic music but still going strong playing old time music in the same ol’ band. And I’m not gonna quit any thing any time soon.

No matter what genre I have played I have never wasted my time. There are traditionalists who will argue that I should play ONLY one genre/style of music. Believe me i have meet them.
    Experience from differnet genres will not make you less competent. On the contrary. If you have understanding and respect for the music and the community, experience from other genres may bring growth and inspiration and help keeping music alive and evolving.