Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Eventide Blackhole question

I have my iPad Air v3 connected to the aux send of my mixer via my Zoom interface. I am using the iPad as an effects processor for my guitar, adding delay and reverb to a channel in AUM and returning the full wet signal back to the mixer to mix in with my dry guitar signal. It is working perfectly except...

The Eventide Blackhole, with the mix set to 100%, must still pass some amount of dry signal. I can hear a "flange" sound on my guitar when I add the Blackhole. No other effects I've tried cause this- Toneboosters Reverb, BLEASS delay, Fabfilter Timeline 3.

I usually find out my problems are caused by user error. Maybe there is a "kill dry" setting in the Blackhole that I am missing? Has anyone encountered this and what did you do to fix it?

Comments

• I haven’t had this issue, but I never expected to either.

Blackhole is a super weird reverb, you can def kill the dry signal but most of the presets are designed to let the clean signal pass through

Keep messing with it, I would recommend

• Oh, that's interesting about how the presets are designed, because that's what I tested with. Although, of course, I always put the mix slider to 100% wet. Maybe the Blackhole is only to be used as an insert? I'll keep experimenting.