Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Regular Expressions

I had a long Thanksgiving weekend and decided to use some synth apps that I bought, but rarely used.

PPG Phonem
PPG Infinite
Moog Model 15
Mood Model D
Sugarbytes Factory
Sugarbytes Drum Computer
SynthScaper
Kauldron
Sunrizer
iM1
Kronecker
Waldorf Nave
iWaveStation

There are probably a few others, but these are the ones I documented.

Regular Expressions (Regex) are a tool that I used in a previous life as a web developer. They were the bane of my existence, and seemed like an appropriate title for this hot mess.

Comments

• I can't check this out right now but I'm sure it's worth the effort.

• Great stuff!

I’d love for you to tell me that’s you playing the guitar part starting at 2:08. Sounds really nice!

• Excellent synth based composition… you really put in the small details to great effect.

• Could you share some details about your process making this one?

• pretty Please… with sugar on it.

• @Edward_Alexander - I would love to say that it was me! But, that wouldn't be entirely truthful. Twenty years ago, I would have proudly said "Yup, that's me!". But that was then. That guitar bit is just another sample that I sliced and diced to fit the rest of the track. If I knew the musician's name, I would gladly give him/her credit. I don't really think of myself as a performer any more. I spent decades doing that and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything now. I very much appreciate that there are a few of you that will take time to listen to my so-called 'music'. Thanks for listening and have a great day!

@McD - Since you put it that way... The process is basically the same as I described it a few weeks ago. This one just had a few more tracks than usual. The DAW software provides for an unlimited number of tracks, and I just decided to test that claim. At some point, the hardware starts to complain, but I haven't really encountered that yet. As long as I 'Freeze' the tracks, my iPad seems to take whatever I can throw at it. I narrowed this one down to a little over 40 tracks. Some tracks have no more than a cymbal hit, a guitar chord, or a few seconds of content. With limited content in each track, I can set levels once and avoid the mixdown process. Rendering a final mix takes only a few seconds and I can easily edit or replace any individual track without much hassle. The downside to all of this is that it gets to be time-consuming. I'm fortunate in that I no longer have any responsibilities to anybody but my wife and myself, so I can spend way too much time with this stuff. I have sat for hours contemplating division by zero. Go figure. Thanks for listening!

• As the late Paul Daniels used to say… ‘Now that’s Magic!’

• G.e.t son.! 😅

• @Paulieworld said:

I had a long Thanksgiving weekend and decided to use some synth apps that I bought, but rarely used.

PPG Phonem
    PPG Infinite
    Moog Model 15
    Mood Model D
    Sugarbytes Factory
    Sugarbytes Drum Computer
    SynthScaper
    Kauldron
    Sunrizer
    iM1
    Kronecker
    Waldorf Nave
    iWaveStation

There are probably a few others, but these are the ones I documented.

Regular Expressions (Regex) are a tool that I used in a previous life as a web developer. They were the bane of my existence, and seemed like an appropriate title for this hot mess.

👌🎖️

• That was very very good. I’m not sure where you described your workflow previously, but just curious what if any external hardware you use (midi or otherwise).

• @mjcouche said:
    That was very very good. I’m not sure where you described your workflow previously, but just curious what if any external hardware you use (midi or otherwise).

Thank you very much! I posted a piece called 'Bundle Of Joy' on Nov.7 and there was some interest in my workflow. I don't use any external hardware. When I first got into IOS music, I decided to use only my iPad Pro and headphones. I appreciate your taking time to listen and comment!