Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cactus recommendations

It’s clear from youtube synth videos that a photogenic cactus is an essential part of any synth setup. Presumably because of how warm those analogue synths are, other plants aren’t appropriate. Question is, which cactus?

Preferred caryophyllales
  1. species8 votes
    1. Opuntia microdasys
      12.50%
    2. Gynmnocalycium
        0.00%
    3. Carnegia gigantea
      37.50%
    4. Schlumbergera bridgesii
      50.00%

Comments

• venit in coeunt, nemo circa hic potest loqui latine!

• Forget the cactus. I go for YouTube videos that have a used condom or old bus ticket sitting almost out of frame. Now that's art.

• @mangecoeur said:
    Presumably because of how warm those analogue synths are, other plants aren’t appropriate.

Mwahahaha

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

Why not include something useful - Lophophora williamsii?

• Really? Can't someone write an app for this itch too? I want to go completely virtual at some point since everything seems to be breaking down. (Avoid sharp objects and stairs).

• @wim said:

That was going to be my suggestion 😃👍

• edited November 2021

Opuntia microdasys
    Gynmnocalycium
    Carnegia gigantea
    Schlumbergera bridgesii

I thought these were all exotic French cheeses... :smiley:

• I play for my kids - my peyote’s. Some of these I grew from seed & are over 25 years old now.

• Not to mention the San Pedro’s & Trichocereus Peruvianus’s outside!

• @Lurcher said:
    Not to mention the San Pedro’s & Trichocereus Peruvianus’s outside!

Mmmmmm, good eatin!

• @Simon said:
    Forget the cactus. I go for YouTube videos that have a used condom or old bus ticket sitting almost out of frame. Now that's art.

Give this man a grant.

• @wim said:

Good idea for surmounting writers block :smiley:

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Simon said:
    Forget the cactus. I go for YouTube videos that have a used condom or old bus ticket sitting almost out of frame. Now that's art.

Give this man a grant.

We jest but I did once meet a man who got an arts grant to throw road signs out of a plane. Go figure.

• @mangecoeur said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Simon said:

Give this man a grant.

We jest but I did once meet a man who got an arts grant to throw road signs out of a plane. Go figure.

Where was that? Who gave him the grant?

• @Simon said:

@mangecoeur said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@Simon said:

Give this man a grant.

Where was that? Who gave him the grant?

Switzerland, no idea who gave him the money though. Probably some nutter with too much money.

• edited November 2021

@Lurcher said:
    Not to mention the San Pedro’s & Trichocereus Peruvianus’s outside!

there really are beautiful varieties of "san pedro" and peruvian/bolivian torch. both have cristata varieties which are very pretty and look entirely unlike their healthy brethren, and the monstrosa + cristata double-mutant is truly an otherworldly beauty. plus, these cacti, as mountainside (?) cacti and not desert plants, are really super easy to cultivate. inside, outside, everywhere.

• Boy there’s some prickly customers on this forum…

• @mangecoeur said:
    Switzerland, no idea who gave him the money though. Probably some nutter with too much money.

Interesting...