Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 3 Knobs Sensivity - Added Loopy Pro Macros Control Slider Over Workaround

2»

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Janosax said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @Janosax that's a cool application of LoopyPro right there, wow!

In defense of BM3, my knob has been losing some sensitivity recently, too.

Yes Loopy Pro is really interesting as a customizable control surface, and BM3 helps with easy midi learning.

What do you mean, how BM3 has been loosing knobs sensitivity? Recent IPadOS update perhaps?

Perhaps a really bad joke.

I was in doubt, I’m French so I wasn’t sure :D

• I have only recently made the dive into Beatmaker 3. At first it was very odd feeling but after a lot of exploration I soon realized that this is the most powerful DAW on iOS. Track freezing is really the only missing element.

Glad to see Loopy Pro can help get around the annoying knobs. I have been using the value slider on the right of the automation window instead of the knobs which don’t have this problem.

• edited December 2021

@farfromsubtle said:
    I have only recently made the dive into Beatmaker 3. At first it was very odd feeling but after a lot of exploration I soon realized that this is the most powerful DAW on iOS. Track freezing is really the only missing element.

Glad to see Loopy Pro can help get around the annoying knobs. I have been using the value slider on the right of the automation window instead of the knobs which don’t have this problem.

Nice trick! I’m a bit more used to knobs now, it’s better. Loopy Pro trick helps for cleaner movement while automating, but also XY internal pads. I agree with you about BM3 being very powerful, this is also my observation. Apart from those knobs issues, it has been perfectly stable here, and all available features are just awesome. I’m also under that impression that it’s superior to any other iPadOS DAWS (not in concepts and workflow, which is subjective, but performance, stability and features). CPU utilisation is nice on iPad Pro M1, so it’s less a necessity to have a workflow with a lot of freezing. I have to buy Tube AU now just because of BM3!! :D

Has BM3 got proper latency compensation?

• So I’m still on 14.4 with a 6th gen iPad and BM3 crashes often UNLESS I hit save like every 2 minutes. Am I the only one?

• edited December 2021

@db909 said:
    So I’m still on 14.4 with a 6th gen iPad and BM3 crashes often UNLESS I hit save like every 2 minutes. Am I the only one?

I’m on 14.8.1 and iPad Pro M1 and not a single crash in perhaps 10 hours of use in one week, pushing it with AUV3 instruments and FXS, Fabfilter Pro Stuff, midi control etc. I’m surprised because I had this idea it wasn’t stable at all.

• @db909 said:
    So I’m still on 14.4 with a 6th gen iPad and BM3 crashes often UNLESS I hit save like every 2 minutes. Am I the only one?

Which AU's are you using? BM3 was stable for me with iPad 6 ans iOS 14.8...fwiw, I waited to upgrade the OS from 13.7 until 14.7 because of reports of MIDI and audio issies generally in iOS 14 that were resolved in the later releases.

• @espiegel123 said:

@db909 said:

Which AU's are you using? BM3 was stable for me with iPad 6 ans iOS 14.8...fwiw, I waited to upgrade the OS from 13.7 until 14.7 because of reports of MIDI and audio issies generally in iOS 14 that were resolved in the later releases.

I don’t even mess with AUs on BM3, prefer to stick to samples, must be the OS I guess

• @db909 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@db909 said:

I don’t even mess with AUs on BM3, prefer to stick to samples, must be the OS I guess

If you can upgrade to is 14.8 or 14.8.1 it might be worth doing

• @espiegel123 said:

@db909 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@db909 said:

If you can upgrade to is 14.8 or 14.8.1 it might be worth doing

I would have had to download those without installing I suppose? Right now I’m offered only 15