Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording AUv3s into iPad DAWs: impossible?

124»

Comments

• @Identor said:
    Just recorded some notes from Animoog Z in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio by playing the keyboard in Animoog Z.
    Played the recorded clip, and MPE does work, because you van see the sliding on the keys per note.

Thanks! Very interesting. What if this is the one :)

I assume the sound plays back exactly as you played it? Is it easy to edit the automation from the slides?

• @el_bo said:

@Identor said:
    Just recorded some notes from Animoog Z in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio by playing the keyboard in Animoog Z.
    Played the recorded clip, and MPE does work, because you van see the sliding on the keys per note.

I assume the sound plays back exactly as you played it? Is it easy to edit the automation from the slides?

Haven't figured it out yet. I just did a rough recording and playback.
    I'm curious how parallel fx-chain works. Thats the next thing i'm gonna try out.

• @Identor said:

@el_bo said:

@Identor said:

Haven't figured it out yet. I just did a rough recording and playback.
    I'm curious how parallel fx-chain works. Thats the next thing i'm gonna try out.

Thanks! Definitely seems encouraging. If you find it does work and edit exactly how you'd expect, perhaps try to break it i.e record some really busy and exaggerated movements, using multiple note glides. See how it holds up. Absolutely no need for a video. And of course, like I say, there's no rush.

Would be interested to hear your general thoughts on the DAW, in general use :)

• @el_bo:
    Note editing is very basic. No MPE editing, just the standard MIDI format. Editing velocities per note is a bit clunky. This is definitely something the developers should "develop".
    But again, i never use this DAW, and this thread tickles me to tip-toe into it :)

• @Identor said:
    @el_bo:
    Note editing is very basic. No MPE editing, just the standard MIDI format. Editing velocities per note is a bit clunky. This is definitely something the developers should "develop".
    But again, i never use this DAW, and this thread tickles me to tip-toe into it :)

Yeah, I keep over-reaching on the editing part. But it's interesting that it captured what you played. I'd still be curious how much it takes to overload it ;)

And seeing as you already have the DAW, it's good that you're finally jumping in.

• I just moved a MPE-recorded note on the piano roll, and it seems to loose the MPE-data in that note.

• @Identor said:
    I just moved a MPE-recorded note on the piano roll, and it seems to loose the MPE-data in that note.

Figures.

:)

• edited May 2022

I've made a request over the Steinberg forum to get to record on group tracks or have track to track routing (either would work for track to track recording) and Lars shared it to the team! 🙌🏼