Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Talk me out of buying an iphone 12

2»

Comments

• No 3D Touch to use to control all of your new MPE synths. Go for an iPhone XS or earlier.

• edited November 2021

I’ll be the bad guy >:)

Get the iPhone 12 through a cellular provider. Currently Vodafone is giving the phone at $200 off, and you get a pair of Beats Headphone. It’s much easier to pay for a phone over 24 months than to pay the full price.

Okay, bad guy aside, I think the iPhone 12 is an excellent buy. Currently, it seems what Apple is doing is keeping the base iPhone active for 2 years after the year was released.

Happened with the iPhone 8, which was phased out in April 2020 (released in 2017)
    Same with the iPhone XR which was released September 2018 phased out in September 2021.

I suspect the 11 will be phased out of Apple’s lineup in 2022, and the iPhone 12 in 2023 (because the 13 will take its place, and so on).

But what does it mean? The iPhone 8 still gets the latest iOS update. Heck, my iPhone 6S+ gets the latest update although there’s a high chance it won’t get it in 2022. In other words, the phone will still be relevant until at least 2025 or 2026 if we make an assumption based on previous trends.

From a practicality standpoint, with the 12, you get the improved display, access to 5G technology, and it’s the EXACT SAME as the 12 Pro (with the only difference being the 3rd camera at the back). You’re also able to shoot 10 bit videos, at 4K 30fps.

Only thing I’d say is to pay a little more for the 128GB model.

• Get that 12 I love it

• I got my 12 mini for free earlier this year (T-mobile in USA) and it works really well. I love the size, battery is great, and it is plenty fast. It replaced an 8 plus that was partially broken, which replaced my beloved 6s when I accidentally set it on fire last year while changing battery.

• edited November 2021

@DukeWonder said:
    My understanding is that the 12 is a decent step up from the 11 and the 13 is a pretty minor step up from the 12. So I’d say a 12 is probably your best bet for now.

Yeah my reasoning exactly

@TimRussell said:
    I replaced my 5 yr old SE with a 12 Mini last year. Best phone decision I ever made.
    It’s awesome, and only slightly bigger than the SE but much bigger screen and thinner.

Form factor-wise it’s perfect for me but screen-wise a bit short

@Simon said:

Don't buy an iphone 12

Why? 😧

Starting this thread should be enough reason not to buy one - because you really don't want to. Listen to yourself and don't buy it :smiley:

But my trying eyes need a new phone and might open up the prospect of actually be useful for some kind of music making

@McD said:
    If you buy an iPhone 12 I will never speak to you (again)…

What color will you be getting?

Hmm… not speaking to me (again)?

Blue, and sorry if I didn’t speak back to you sometime before . I sometimes post here and then only check a month later. Sorry guys, nothing personal, just my bad>

@oat_phipps said:

Man, I had to go to AT&T last night and saw the new iPhone 12 Mini and was in love.

Me too, but now for a mini I’d go for the 13, once you see the slightly smaller notch you can’t unsee it, and the battery is more decent

• edited November 2021

Getting more feedback from this thread than I anticipated. Truly grateful, but I gotta sleep. Back in 4h or so, but thanks 🙏

• edited November 2021

Buy the damn phone... don't buy the damn phone. Buy 10 of them. Ask your mother.

It's Black Friday and I'm past caring LOL :smiley:

• @pedro said:
    Getting more feedback from this thread than I anticipated. Truly grateful, but I gotta sleep. Back in 4h or so, but thanks 🙏

Come back Pedro… NOTE: I’m generally trying to go for the cheap laugh. I considered posting:

If you buy that phone then the kid gets it. Do you want that guilt on your hands?

I just trying to honor your title.

• @McD said:

@pedro said:

Come back Pedro… NOTE: I’m generally trying to go for the cheap laugh. I considered posting:

If you buy that phone then the kid gets it. Do you want that guilt on your hands?

I just trying to honor your title.

No worries, man, I got your tongue in cheek ;) Thanks, and I sure don't wont that guilt! That's why I'll be buying the version without a charger, to spare the planet and leave a better future for the children

• @Simon said:
    Buy the damn phone... don't buy the damn phone. Buy 10 of them. Ask your mother.

How silly of me to come post in here instead of asking my mom... 🤦‍♂️

• edited November 2021

@seonnthaproducer said:
    I’ll be the bad guy >:)

Get the iPhone 12 through a cellular provider

I want it unlocked

Okay, bad guy aside, I think the iPhone 12 is an excellent buy. Currently, it seems what Apple is doing is keeping the base iPhone active for 2 years after the year was released.

That's what I'm counting on, I mean my SE is 5yo and still working. Might even get a few bucks for it if I sell it

I suspect the 11 will be phased out of Apple’s lineup in 2022, and the iPhone 12 in 2023 (because the 13 will take its place, and so on).

My dislike for the 11 is mostly the size, the worst screen (not OLED, less dpi) and the battery although a thing of magic, is not that whole lot better than the 12 (which is way better than my SE, that I still don't have to charge every day)

But what does it mean? The iPhone 8 still gets the latest iOS update. Heck, my iPhone 6S+ gets the latest update although there’s a high chance it won’t get it in 2022. In other words, the phone will still be relevant until at least 2025 or 2026 if we make an assumption based on previous trends.

Agreed

From a practicality standpoint, with the 12, you get the improved display, access to 5G technology, and it’s the EXACT SAME as the 12 Pro (with the only difference being the 3rd camera at the back). You’re also able to shoot 10 bit videos, at 4K 30fps.

From what I see, the pro has better camera, and that lidar thing I'm not sure what I'd use for. Nothing relevant for my intended use.

Only thing I’d say is to pay a little more for the 128GB model.

Yes, 880€ is for the 128G model.

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, and you should work for apple, cause I'm sold 😂 Cheers!

• I dont upgrade regularly, so when I do the the improvements are significant. Just went from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12 and the camera alone is worth it.

• edited November 2021

@joniqwest said:

Yeah the cameras are miles ahead from what I have, and it records video in stereo. Wonder if I can use stereo recording for field sampling, I can always shoot video and extract the audio though (not sure it’s worth the trouble)

• edited November 2021

@pedro said:

@Simon said:

How silly of me to come post in here instead of asking my mom... 🤦‍♂️

That's my "Brady Bunch" answer - "well kids, ask your mother" :smiley:

• @Simon said:

I still remember when I lost something, looked everywhere, and finally asked my mother, and she would just find it out of nowhere and just point at it and "see??!!"

• Haha, hey, I'm glad it was useful.
    For field sampling, I'd definitely recommend Koala. Other apps I use on the go are TONALY, Groovebox. Here's a video I did showing it.

@pedro said:

@Simon said:

I still remember when I lost something, looked everywhere, and finally asked my mother, and she would just find it out of nowhere and just point at it and "see??!!"

• edited November 2021

@seonnthaproducer said:
    Haha, hey, I'm glad it was useful.
    For field sampling, I'd definitely recommend Koala. Other apps I use on the go are TONALY, Groovebox. Here's a video I did showing it.

@pedro said:

@Simon said:

Haha 😂 yes you were helpful, and funny, thanks!
    Koala for sure, and that sample crate new app, those will be what I’ll spend on my 50€ gift card first thing! Along with animoog z full, of course

• edited December 2023

But hey, if Koala and the sample crate app are calling your name, that 50€ gift card is in for some serious fun! 🎶 And guess what, if you ever decide to make room for those new apps, you can always sell your iPhone 12 – did wonders for me recently!

• To get the iPhone 12 would be a huge mistake. Get the 12 Pro Max for sure.

• The original post is from over 2 years ago, so I assume he made a decision by now…

• Still enjoying a 12 here.

• edited December 2023

@michael_m said:
    The original post is from over 2 years ago, so I assume he made a decision by now…

And yet believe it or not I’m still rocking my SE 1st gen which is what 7yo now?
    I thought about upgrading many times (now I’m thinking of the 14) but everytime I kept postponing, cause well if it ain’t broke, and I’m putting another kid through university so that tends to curb my enthusiasm to spend

But this little thing has served me well over the years (now here’s one for the “that’s what she said” thread)