Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Seems to be out since April but thanks anyway ;)
    (even though I don't understand what this app does :# )

• @Paulo164 said:
    Seems to be out since April but thanks anyway ;)

It’s the successor to Soundprism,and the midi out update is what’s new but thanks anyway

• No way. Sweet.

• Yea been out awhile but will over time eventually be the new SoundPrism. From same developer.

• edited November 2021

@db909 said:

@Paulo164 said:
    Seems to be out since April but thanks anyway ;)

It’s the successor to Soundprism,and the midi out update is what’s new but thanks anyway

Oh, sorry ! I understood "Audanika midi" is out and not "Audanika midi out" is out, thinking it was a brand new app ;)
    Okay, I guess this expands some genius expressive midi capabilities to outer space. Will have a look at this. So thanks all the way !

• Does this mean I can play it and record the outgoing midi with, say, Cubasis?

• @Shabudua said:
    Does this mean I can play it and record the outgoing midi with, say, Cubasis?

Yes.. just tested it using Cubasis 3 + Audanika in slide-over mode..

• @royor said:

@Shabudua said:
    Does this mean I can play it and record the outgoing midi with, say, Cubasis?

Yes.. just tested it using Cubasis 3 + Audanika in slide-over mode..

Sold.

• for some reason, i can't figure out how to turn off audanika's internal sound engine, does anyone know how? Trying to use as midi only.

• @sloJordan said:
    for some reason, i can't figure out how to turn off audanika's internal sound engine, does anyone know how? Trying to use as midi only.

In the midi extension menu there is a "configure extension" item that has that option

• Can I ask what problem this solves? Is it be cause Audianka is such a nice virtual midi interface? I do remember playing soundprism and getting lost in it, but its lack of connectivity meant it fell by the wayside. Does Audianka show up in the Audio Unit Midi Processor list in AUM?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can I ask what problem this solves? Is it be cause Audianka is such a nice virtual midi interface? I do remember playing soundprism and getting lost in it, but its lack of connectivity meant it fell by the wayside. Does Audianka show up in the Audio Unit Midi Processor list in AUM?

I dunno about AUM but the problem it solves for me is effortlessly playing chords with one finger with smooth voice leading and now being able to record that midi output. The grid is organized different from Soundprism, leading to better voicing. But the classic Soundprism mode is still available as an option.

• Useful information: just discovered the midi is implemented the same way as in SP Electro and SP Link, the bass sends on channel 1, middle voices on channel 2, top voice on channel 3

• @cokomairena said:

@sloJordan said:
    for some reason, i can't figure out how to turn off audanika's internal sound engine, does anyone know how? Trying to use as midi only.

In the midi extension menu there is a "configure extension" item that has that option

thank you!

• @db909 said:
    Useful information: just discovered the midi is implemented the same way as in SP Electro and SP Link, the bass sends on channel 1, middle voices on channel 2, top voice on channel 3

Thanks!

• edited November 2021

@sloJordan said:

In settings, extension settings. Nevermind, I see you got the answer.

Holy crap it send out 3 channels. I was hoping for 2 since bass notes are on the side, 3 is great.

• @db909 said:
    Useful information: just discovered the midi is implemented the same way as in SP Electro and SP Link, the bass sends on channel 1, middle voices on channel 2, top voice on channel 3

Gracias.

• It looks super interesting. In the video that they shared today they had it connected via Midi to a laptop. Is this connectable via virtual MIDI in AUM or IAA like the SoundPrism apps were?

SoundPrism was one of my earliest and probably most favorite interfaces. I still have the IAPs from the original SoundPrism that I love to use once in a while.

• @db909 said:

Cool! Even more fun ahead.. 👍

• @fprintf said:
    It looks super interesting. In the video that they shared today they had it connected via Midi to a laptop. Is this connectable via virtual MIDI in AUM or IAA like the SoundPrism apps were?

• Looks really interesting. A lot of thought has clearly gone into this. Needs MIDI AU though to tempt me.

• @royor @fprintf . Just remember the weirdness of virtual MIDI naming. If you connect Audanika to the AUM virtual port, you use the AUM destination inside AUM. Alternatively, AUM can see the Audanika virtual port and connect to it directly, without any special enabling in Audanika.