Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8.6 and 3.3.3 Maintenance Updates available & Cyber Weeks Sale started

2»

Comments

• @RainyDayOnMars said:
    Hello @LFS .

I have a question about piano roll side: Will we be able to see the light and dark colored notes (the notes in the scale and out of the scale we picked) on piano roll in the near future?

this would be a nice feature and has been asked for quite a few times, would surely make things easier for music non-native speakers ;)

• @dannysteel said:
    Hi,

Many thanks for the updates and maintenance,much appreciated.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to help with a volume issue.I’ve just downloaded Drum Computer Full Version and the volume in standalone mode is much louder and bassier than when I run it as an Audio Unit in Cubasis 3.It’s a significant bass and volume drop and doesn’t sound very good at all.Any help would be most appreciated.Thank you.

Hi again,

Going to answer my own question as I think I’ve resolved the issue.Basically I had to make sure all output volumes in Cubasis and Drum Computer are at unity-it can be hard to tell in DC as the controls are quite small.There is still a slight tonal variation when using DC as an AU in Cubasis 3 but I guess that may just be small EQ differences in their audio engines,I have noticed that with other AU’s in Cubasis.

Thanks again for the updates and maintenance @LFS.

• @dannysteel said:

@dannysteel said:
    Hi,

Many thanks for the updates and maintenance,much appreciated.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to help with a volume issue.I’ve just downloaded Drum Computer Full Version and the volume in standalone mode is much louder and bassier than when I run it as an Audio Unit in Cubasis 3.It’s a significant bass and volume drop and doesn’t sound very good at all.Any help would be most appreciated.Thank you.

Hi again,

Going to answer my own question as I think I’ve resolved the issue.Basically I had to make sure all output volumes in Cubasis and Drum Computer are at unity-it can be hard to tell in DC as the controls are quite small.There is still a slight tonal variation when using DC as an AU in Cubasis 3 but I guess that may just be small EQ differences in their audio engines,I have noticed that with other AU’s in Cubasis.

Hi @dannysteel,

Glad to read, you've find a solution!

Thanks for the kind word... the team will love to read this!

Stay well
    & best wishes,
    Lars

• @RainyDayOnMars said:
    Hello @LFS .

I have a question about piano roll side: Will we be able to see the light and dark colored notes (the notes in the scale and out of the scale we picked) on piano roll in the near future?

Hi @RainyDayOnMars,

As of yet, Cubasis does not offer scale-related options.

The notes in the MIDI Editor can be display in various ways.
    To change them, please find the "Track Color", "Velocity" or "Key" presets located under Setup/MIDI/Note Coloring.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @BCKeys said:
    C3.3.3 can’t stop crashing here every minute
    Just 1 wav track, no external anything, it crashes
    Am I alone ?

Edit: now fixed by opening a fresh new project

Hi @BCKeys,

Glad to read this... :)

Thanks,
    Lars

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

@DarkAum3o said:
    @LFS
    As always I’m also happy to see stability updates, but I always have that feeling that my workflow stuck if I use apps which I control mostly direct in the apps itself. It would be soooo nice to play & record alongside the running track in cubasis and move some knobs and use the touchscreen. Isn’t that what makes iOS so great.

Animoog…Another app like TC-11, MiRack, all Lumbeat apps, Beatcutter, FRMS, spacecraft, SoundScaper, SynthScaper, Nave AND imo ALL touch expressive apps would benefit from audio routing to record directly inside Cubasis.

Please give us some more freedom with audio routing. Thank you for reading and listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis fully supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
    Plus the app comes with additional routing options.

Please describe your usecase more in detail, to let us know about your exact feature request.

Thanks,
    Lars

I will fill in here so it’s clear once and for all…

Allow direct audio recording of an AUv3 instrument to an audio-track without the freeze work-around. (Similar to using and recording an IAA Generator on an audio-track).

In short a Cubasis Audio-Track should be able to use any track in Cubasis as the audio input source for recording.

Cheers!

Hi @Samu, Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for the clarification.
    The feature request has been shared with the team.

Best,
    Lars

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

@DarkAum3o said:
    @LFS
    As always I’m also happy to see stability updates, but I always have that feeling that my workflow stuck if I use apps which I control mostly direct in the apps itself. It would be soooo nice to play & record alongside the running track in cubasis and move some knobs and use the touchscreen. Isn’t that what makes iOS so great.

Animoog…Another app like TC-11, MiRack, all Lumbeat apps, Beatcutter, FRMS, spacecraft, SoundScaper, SynthScaper, Nave AND imo ALL touch expressive apps would benefit from audio routing to record directly inside Cubasis.

Please give us some more freedom with audio routing. Thank you for reading and listening 🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

Hi @DarkAum3o,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis fully supports Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.
    Plus the app comes with additional routing options.

Please describe your usecase more in detail, to let us know about your exact feature request.

Thanks,
    Lars

I will fill in here so it’s clear once and for all…

Allow direct audio recording of an AUv3 instrument to an audio-track without the freeze work-around. (Similar to using and recording an IAA Generator on an audio-track).

In short a Cubasis Audio-Track should be able to use any track in Cubasis as the audio input source for recording.

Cheers!

i second that!! I bought Neon only for this single purpose now but would still prefer to do it more hasslefree/streamlined 😉

• I would also really appreciate any kind of Midi comping feature. Probably a low hanging fruit would be to at least automatically mute the just recorded part when the loop is complete.

• I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I hope it’s the right place. I‘m having problems with BeatHawk inside Cubasis 3. BeatHawk just stops working randomly. It shows a blank screen and doesn’t output any sound. I then have to reload the plugin for it to work again. This seems to appear randomly but frequently. Sometimes right when I open Cubasis, sometimes after fiddling with another track. I also updated from iPadOS 14 to 15.2, but the problem remains. I‘m on the first iPad Pro 11“ and Cubasis is up to date.
    Under iPadOS 14 I also had constant crashes with Koala Sampler in Cubasis, but I haven’t checked if they persist under 15.2.
    Any help appreciated.

• @Artvarg said:
    I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I hope it’s the right place. I‘m having problems with BeatHawk inside Cubasis 3. BeatHawk just stops working randomly. It shows a blank screen and doesn’t output any sound. I then have to reload the plugin for it to work again. This seems to appear randomly but frequently. Sometimes right when I open Cubasis, sometimes after fiddling with another track. I also updated from iPadOS 14 to 15.2, but the problem remains. I‘m on the first iPad Pro 11“ and Cubasis is up to date.
    Under iPadOS 14 I also had constant crashes with Koala Sampler in Cubasis, but I haven’t checked if they persist under 15.2.
    Any help appreciated.

Hi @Artvarg,

Thanks for your message.

Please let me have a short clip with me that shows the problem and associated steps.
    Once available, I can share this with the team and our friends at UVI.

Thanks
    & stay safe,
    Lars