Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Moog Animoog Z AUV3 Released!

Comments

• edited November 2021

This is fantastic! Animoog played a huge part in my decision to buy an iPad 3 back in the day. I’ve always loved the synth, and while it’s clearly designed to be used on a touch screen, I’ve always dreamed of a desktop version. I rarely buy iOS apps anymore, but this was an instabuy like no other 😍

I’ve transferred all my old IAPs (timbres) and almost 1000 presets, seemingly without a glitch, on my iPad Pro and on my M1 MBP. So far everything seems to work, but I’ll have to test a bit more, I guess.

The wrapper seems to work reasonably well on Ableton Live 11. I can play notes on the keyboard, but I can’t record them into Live (don’t really care). Per note pressure works, which is great. Love @MoogMusicInc ❤️

EDIT: Well, it didn’t take long until my first crash in Ableton. Don’t mess with the XYZ pad …

• @NeuM said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Anyone having trouble with some legacy presets not working?

Yes. I had to delete a good number of Rustik presets which no longer seem to work. Many still do.

So far only one preset that I randomized and tweaked in Animoog (out of about 20) doesn’t work. All the others I’ve tried have worked.

I had dozens of Rustik presets which failed to generate any sound. Most of them seemed to be Bass patches.

Yea. In OG Animoog app, I have a lot of presets but not all of them work because I don’t have all the timbres unlocked from the IAPS. Some presets combine Timbres from the different IAPs and if you don’t have them all, those presets will fail to load correctly, leaving a blank or half loaded preset.

Aha! That makes sense. Shiver me timbres!

Figured out Monster Moog: put timbres and presets in the same folder, compress and import!

• @Samu said:
    It works on the Mac too :)

ok, that makes want a mac again xD

• @Satri said:
    Hi guys, Alex / Satri from Animoog.org here :-)

Just wanted to quickly chime in to inform you that in my Animoog Z beta testing article, I announced hundreds of new and free Animoog presets and timbres, on top of the 8,000+ already available for Animoog. Details here: https://www.animoog.org/2021/11/23/animoog-z-announced-by-moog-music-my-beta-testing-perspective/

Cheers! -- Alex

Oh wow!! Thanks a lot!!!!

• Wow this is what we have wanted for years!

• edited November 2021

Wait, Animoog AUv3?

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really, really, really, wanted this. Thanks Moog, and thanks @Satri for the info!

• I’m really loving the arp presets, the sequences I’m getting sound so awesome. I’ll definitely be buying the unlock tonight

• hi everybody
    i was making a preset in the standalone. saved.
    then opened the au in drambo.
    the preset showed up in the user category, but when loaded it sounds totally different.
    uses totally different timbres etc.
    can anybody replicate?

• This is amazing
    If we get this and loopy pro in the same year 🥰

• As I am not completely sure, this "Animoog Z" is a new version of "Animoog" that also works as AU?

Can it do everything that the old Animoog did and does and just adds AUv3?

I read the App description bit still am not sure what exactly this is.

• I don't see any MPE settings in the locked version. Does the unlocked version have it?

• 2 Z’s and my DSP hit 192%. But having AUv3 means a new iPad might run 2 well. I love this crazy little Moog. Even just one with a gui in AUM is a win and it’s free to me. God bless Robert Moog forever for showing us the path forward.

• Makes me feel proud to be an Ashevillian

• @wim said:

@db909 said:
    So if I get Atom 2 piano roll which says it can record and edit MPE, could I both record and edit Animoog Z stuff with that? Basically I want to quantize the output and tweak the synth while it plays and I want all the MPE stuff to be recorded in there

So, the key question is whether or not Animoog outputs MPE midi. I don't have it yet so I can't say. Hopefully someone else can do a quick test.

... and, the answer is yes, Animoog Z does output MPE midi.

• Now this is what music making of the 21st century is supposed to be like!

• edited November 2021

I’m trying to move over presets from Animoog using the method detailed in this thread and the files app does not list Animoog Z as an option for importing the zip. Does anyone know how to get the files app to recognise Animoog Z as a destination? I have restarted the iPad twice now.

• @tja said:
    I read the App description bit still am not sure what exactly this is.

Then watch this:

• Doug runs through the app and shows how to import old presets:

• Was this video shot inside Animoog Z, or was Animoog Z modelled after this video?

Claudia Brücken & Andrew Poppy - Running Up That Hill (Official)

• @bennorland said:
    I’m trying to move over presets from Animoog using the method detailed in this thread and the files app does not list Animoog Z as an option for importing the zip. Does anyone know how to get the files app to recognise Animoog Z as a destination? I have restarted the iPad twice now.

Share Zip to Animoog Z or drag file on top of app icon

• @bennorland said:

There were a few comments in this thread or the other one about needing to delete some apps first as there is a limit on the number of destinations so you need to make room in the list.

• Like all Moog apps this sounds amazing. I can run 6 instances on my 9th gen iPad at 256 buffer, 83% DSP. The 7th instance just tips it over the edge.

• @bennorland said:

Animoog Z's icon was not on the strip of the 10 or so app icons when I tried to do this process.

So I selected "more" and it appeared in the list of "more" apps. Hope this helps.

• @Simon said:
    Doug runs through the app and shows how to import old presets:

This is the process that does not work for me. Animoog Z is not shown as an option to share the zip to. How do I get the iPad to “notice” Animoog Z?

• edited November 2021

@bennorland said:

@Simon said:
    Doug runs through the app and shows how to import old presets:

This is the process that does not work for me. Animoog Z is not shown as an option to share the zip to. How do I get the iPad to “notice” Animoog Z?

Did you tryto press the "more" apps option? I had to do that as the Z icon didn't appear in my strip of icons.

• @Simon said:

@bennorland said:

Animoog Z's icon was not on the strip of the 10 or so app icons when I tried to do this process.

So I selected "more" and it appeared in the list of "more" apps. Hope this helps.

Sadly it's not there. I don't know how to get the iPad to recognise Animoog Z as a valid destination for the zip

• edited November 2021

@bennorland said:

@Simon said:

@bennorland said:

Sadly it's not there. I don't know how to get the iPad to recognise Animoog Z as a valid destination for the zip

Some people are saying you might have to delete a few of the older apps in the strip - the ones you don't use anymore to allow Z top show up in the strip. If you do delete them you can reinstall them again after you have done the Z importing.

I think this is a limitation (poor design?) of the Files app, nothing to do with Animoog Z.

• Dang, it sounds so good.

• @Simon said:

@bennorland said:

@Simon said:

@bennorland said:

Some people are saying you might have to delete a few of the older apps in the strip - the ones you don't use anymore to allow Z top show up in the strip. If you do delete them you can reinstall them again after you have done the Z importing.

I think this is a limitation (poor design?) of the Files app, nothing to do with Animoog Z.

How annoying. Will try