Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Moog Animoog Z AUV3 Released!

Comments

• What is unlocked in the full version?

• @anickt said:

@Kmatic said:

@Harro said:
    Importing presets and timbres from my good old Animoog A into Animoog Z isn't working for me; I followed the instructions from Moog for importing Lecacy Presets (https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets) several times, but the import-process always ends with the message "Zip archive imported" - Ok; that's it: no mention of how many presets or timbres were imported... And the result is that thus none of these were imported! Is it because I have the infamous Grateful Dead presets/timbres in Animoog A? Or is it because I'm still on IOS 14.8? ...
    Not a very big deal, because this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...). Thank you Moog!

manually import them one by one, I had the same problem, I solved it like this

I downloaded some presets and tried to export to AZ per instructions. No go. Then I unzipped the file and found 3 zip files inside. Those imported properly. Worth a try!

Also, make sure you completely restart your iOS devices or you might be under the impression the patches did not load.

• @enkaytee said:
    Now let's see what this thing can do in the hands of a legend....

How cool is that?

• @anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Anyone having trouble with some legacy presets not working?

Yes. I had to delete a good number of Rustik presets which no longer seem to work. Many still do.

So far only one preset that I randomized and tweaked in Animoog (out of about 20) doesn’t work. All the others I’ve tried have worked.

I had dozens of Rustik presets which failed to generate any sound. Most of them seemed to be Bass patches.

• Woohoo!!! This app claims to be MPE compliant. Cool! Fantastic. I really hope that's true. Because it's usually a lie. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is true MPE, made to work with an actual MPE controller, or is this just another 'mostly a lie but technically kind of supports half of a MPE function but not really" kind of MPE synth?

By this I mean....

Does it have the ability to control the modwheel, aftertouch, and pitch bend settings INDIVIDUALLY completely independent of each other? Like, this isn't gonna be like Volt or Magellin 2, where if you do modwheel bends or aftertouch on more than one note at a time everything phases into itself and sounds all fucked up? because that is MOST DEFINITELY NOT MPE

• This is an instant purchase.

Anyone who has played with this a bit comment on cpu use? Original was super light compared with Moogs hardware models, how’s this compare?

• @OscarSouth said:
    This is an instant purchase.

Anyone who has played with this a bit comment on cpu use? Original was super light compared with Moogs hardware models, how’s this compare?

Not good if you’re an iPhone user. Buffer is set at 256 I think so not usable for me in any projects. With old animoog presumably not supported anymore it could be a dead un (for iPhone)

• @OscarSouth said:

Second this, I'm very interested in cpu use.

I struggle with more than 4 model D's but can easily plunk down 8 or more synthmaster 2's in nanostudio 2 on an ipad 2017 32 gb.

Animoog sounded amazing, but I'm curious if this is gonna be a 'bounce to audio' synth like model D is for me.

• @OscarSouth said:

On the iPad Air 2 it's definitely heavier, especially when using presets that use the Z-axis of the grid.
    Classic Animoog presets work fine in the stand-alone. The AUv3 UI is quite 'heavy' on the iPad Air 2, with 512 buffer I get barely 2 instances with the 'classic' presets but that's already pushing it...

On the iPhone 8 it works decently.

I know at some point I need to get a new iPad but not just yet :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• Hi guys, Alex / Satri from Animoog.org here :-)

Just wanted to quickly chime in to inform you that in my Animoog Z beta testing article, I announced hundreds of new and free Animoog presets and timbres, on top of the 8,000+ already available for Animoog. Details here: https://www.animoog.org/2021/11/23/animoog-z-announced-by-moog-music-my-beta-testing-perspective/

Cheers! -- Alex

• So if I get Atom 2 piano roll which says it can record and edit MPE, could I both record and edit Animoog Z stuff with that? Basically I want to quantize the output and tweak the synth while it plays and I want all the MPE stuff to be recorded in there

• edited November 2021

@Simon said:
    IMPORTING LEGACY PRESETS & TIMBRES GUIDE:

https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets

@MoogMusicInc These instructions do not work for me on either my iPad Air 2 or iPad Air 3 because Animoog Z doesn’t appear on my list of apps when I go to share the zipped presets even when I go to the more menu. Running iPad OS 14.8 and 14.8.1.

• @Paulinko said:

@Simon said:

@MoogMusicInc These instructions do not work for me on either my iPad Air 2 or iPad Air 3 because Animoog Z doesn’t appear on my list of apps when I go to share the zipped presets even when I go to the more menu. Running iPad OS 14.8 and 14.8.1.

it's because of iOS, you'll have to delete some apps you don't use which are on the "more" list to nudge Z into the list

• @NeuM said:

@Harro said:
    Importing presets and timbres from my good old Animoog A into Animoog Z isn't working for me; I followed the instructions from Moog for importing Lecacy Presets (https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets) several times, but the import-process always ends with the message "Zip archive imported" - Ok; that's it: no mention of how many presets or timbres were imported... And the result is that thus none of these were imported! Is it because I have the infamous Grateful Dead presets/timbres in Animoog A? Or is it because I'm still on IOS 14.8? ...
    Not a very big deal, because this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...). Thank you Moog!

Completely shut down and restart your device. That should fix it.

That worked; thank you!

• @ecou said:
    What is unlocked in the full version?

Almost everything. Effects, modulation, LFOs (plural!), ...

• Good times are back in iPad -land Though after this and Volcano 3…how can things get any better?

• @OscarSouth said:

In playing with the standalone for 5 minutes after download I was surprised at the rate of battery drain, which is usually to do with the GUI redrawing, but I'll check it again.

• Did Moog post about this yet…or was it just a drive-by at the AppStore 🤔

• Painting paths in when in full rotation mode is good fun :)

• @craftycurate said:

@OscarSouth said:

In playing with the standalone for 5 minutes after download I was surprised at the rate of battery drain, which is usually to do with the GUI redrawing, but I'll check it again.

yep, the same I've mentioned

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@db909 said:
    So if I get Atom 2 piano roll which says it can record and edit MPE, could I both record and edit Animoog Z stuff with that? Basically I want to quantize the output and tweak the synth while it plays and I want all the MPE stuff to be recorded in there

So, the key question is whether or not Animoog outputs MPE midi. I don't have it yet so I can't say. Hopefully someone else can do a quick test.

To clarify, Atom2 doesn't fully edit MPE. You can edit notes and velocity, but not the expression (CC's, pitch bend, aftertouch). It should record and play back any MPE it receives though, provided Animoog sends it.

• I’m updating my IPhone 8 Plus to get this , my IPad is still on 13.7 , still too paranoid to update it 😂😂😂

• @Harro said:
    this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...).

Martin Scorcese is bringing them back to life!

• edited November 2021

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Yes. I had to delete a good number of Rustik presets which no longer seem to work. Many still do.

So far only one preset that I randomized and tweaked in Animoog (out of about 20) doesn’t work. All the others I’ve tried have worked.

I had dozens of Rustik presets which failed to generate any sound. Most of them seemed to be Bass patches.

Yea. In OG Animoog app, I have a lot of presets but not all of them work because I don’t have all the timbres unlocked from the IAPS. Some presets combine Timbres from the different IAPs and if you don’t have them all, those presets will fail to load correctly, leaving a blank or half loaded preset.

• Instant buy.

• @realdawei said:
    Good times are back in iPad -land Though after this and Volcano 3…how can things get any better?

Loopy Pro coming soon…

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Yea. In OG Animoog app, I have a lot of presets but not all of them work because I don’t have all the timbres unlocked from the IAPS. Some presets combine Timbres from the different IAPs and if you don’t have them all, those presets will fail to load correctly, leaving a blank or half loaded preset.

Ahhhh

• @Carnbot said:

@Paulinko said:

@Simon said:

it's because of iOS, you'll have to delete some apps you don't use which are on the "more" list to nudge Z into the list

Thank you, that worked. Off to see which presets were imported okay and which didn’t.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

AFAIK, at least a bunch of Rustic presets are based on IAP timbres. I have all Animoog IAPs, but found some presets are working in Animoog, however don't produce sound in Z, so there's may be some minor presets incompatibility

• edited November 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

@NeuM said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

Aha! That makes sense. Shiver me timbres!