Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Moog Animoog Z AUV3 Released!

Comments

• @bygjohn said:
    Big thank you to Moog!

Haven’t used the original very much as it wasn’t AUv3, so hoping I’ll get more use out of the new version. And the IAP unlock is a nice chance to say say thank you for giving away Model D, Model 15 and Animoog on Bob Moog's birthday last year, and Model D during the first lockdowns - such a nice thing to do.

+1

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @Carnbot said:
    You'll need to delete an app or two in order to make room on the "more" list

Almost like you could see the long list. Took four old apps out and it’s still not showing in more.

• @Samu said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:
    OK, wow! Insta purchase...dreams come true.

Next question...

Successfully imported presets from original Animoog no problem.
    Installed Animoog Z on M1 Mac.
    Scanned and appears in Logic Pro.
    But...Is there any way to bring those legacy presets from iOS into the desktop version?

The file system doesn't seem to work the same on macOS.

You can import the same .zip file you exported from Animoog to Animoog Z on the desktop, drag the zip to the Animoog Z app icon in Finder.

Samu, You're a bloody legend! Thank you!

• Playing around editing in the Z-space is great, would love to see a pinch to scale in out of the Wavecube. But overall a very nice rebirth of Animoog :)

• I have tried this new beast just for a few minutes and... WOW !
    I can't remember the last time I told to myself how great a iOS synth could be that good. To be honnest, I think the last time was... for Animoog release :# the "all time greatest synth ever". 10 years already...
    I have not dug deeply this new synth yet but everything from here breathes quality and innovation.
    Needless to say I have bought instantly the full IAP without even wondering what is was unlocking :D
    Thanks again @MoogMusicInc for this incredible work <3

• Cool app.

The init patch and moog z visual would suit the back window of my car.

Not my car. Just asked person if I could take a pic.

• So that’s Z

• this is awesome !!! @MoogMusicInc
    thank you !!!

• @Harro said:
    Importing presets and timbres from my good old Animoog A into Animoog Z isn't working for me; I followed the instructions from Moog for importing Lecacy Presets (https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets) several times, but the import-process always ends with the message "Zip archive imported" - Ok; that's it: no mention of how many presets or timbres were imported... And the result is that thus none of these were imported! Is it because I have the infamous Grateful Dead presets/timbres in Animoog A? Or is it because I'm still on IOS 14.8? ...
    Not a very big deal, because this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...). Thank you Moog!

Completely shut down and restart your device. That should fix it.

• 23 apps deleted and it showed up in share sheet. Guess it was time to do some cleanup. Thanks Moog!

• Oh, and by the way...there's a VST wrapper!!!

• Anyone having trouble with some legacy presets not working?

• Oh mannn I forgot how long iOS updates take - this is killin me lol

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Oh, and by the way...there's a VST wrapper!!!

More details please? :smiley:

• @MoogMusicInc I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU! This is wonderful news and I appreciate you giving this beautiful synth the attention it deserves. Animoog is dead, LONG LIVE ANIMOOG Z! :heart:

• @oddSTAR said:

@Vaultnaemsae said:
    Oh, and by the way...there's a VST wrapper!!!

More details please? :smiley:

moog website

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    Anyone having trouble with some legacy presets not working?

Yes. I had to delete a good number of Rustik presets which no longer seem to work. Many still do.

• edited November 2021

Now that we have versions of both Model 15 and Animoog for macOS, would love to see Model D for desktop soon. And would be delighted to pay for it. Total cross platform compatibility is what I'm all about now.

• @NeuM said:
    Now that we have versions of both Model 15 and Animoog for macOS, would love to see Model D for desktop soon. And would be delighted to pay for it. Total cross platform compatibility is what I'm all about now.

Definitely!

• Now let's see what this thing can do in the hands of a legend....

• edited November 2021

Mac version is great. Can't get it to open in Ableton though :(

(EDIT M1 Mac problems, not Moog problems)

• @NeuM said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    Anyone having trouble with some legacy presets not working?

Yes. I had to delete a good number of Rustik presets which no longer seem to work. Many still do.

So far only one preset that I randomized and tweaked in Animoog (out of about 20) doesn’t work. All the others I’ve tried have worked.

• New version rules! Thanks @MoogMusicInc 👏 Gonna be lot of fun with Drambo scenes/fader 🤯
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWoDlSFgx4n/?utm_medium=share_sheet

• edited November 2021

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    For Model 15 (and presumably Animoog Z, not tested yet) plugin presets are preserved when loaded from GB to Logic and in both directions if using MTS, meaning you can work on exactly the same project on iOS and desktop without needing to reload plugins or search for the presets used. Only a few other AUv3s both load the plugin automatically (they need to use the same plugin id on iOS/desktop) and also preserve preset state when transferred between iOS and desktop.

Just did a quick test and Animoog Z presets are restored when going from GarageBand to Logic and tweaking presets works both ways when moving a MultiTrackStudio project between iOS and desktop and back again.

Got silence at first when moving to the desktop despite the dials all being in the correct place but then I remembered I had not installed the presets into desktop Animoog so the timbres were missing.

Edit: also, thanks @Samu for the preset dragging tip, I never would have thought of that.

• This is awesome news. I’m guessing $9.99 is introductory pricing too. I wonder if any patches from Animoog work in the new Z app?

The free demo seems really dope. I noticed a patch creation randomizer in the settings as well.

Apparently the audiobook of world war z is fantastic. It’s on my list.

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    OK, wow! Insta purchase...dreams come true.

Next question...

Successfully imported presets from original Animoog no problem.
    Installed Animoog Z on M1 Mac.
    Scanned and appears in Logic Pro.
    But...Is there any way to bring those legacy presets from iOS into the desktop version?

The file system doesn't seem to work the same on macOS.

Lol right after I posted this I saw your post. That’s so dope, I’m gonna have to grab this one…

• @Simon said:
    IMPORTING LEGACY PRESETS & TIMBRES GUIDE:

https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets

Thank you Simon

• @Harro said:
    Importing presets and timbres from my good old Animoog A into Animoog Z isn't working for me; I followed the instructions from Moog for importing Lecacy Presets (https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets) several times, but the import-process always ends with the message "Zip archive imported" - Ok; that's it: no mention of how many presets or timbres were imported... And the result is that thus none of these were imported! Is it because I have the infamous Grateful Dead presets/timbres in Animoog A? Or is it because I'm still on IOS 14.8? ...
    Not a very big deal, because this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...). Thank you Moog!

manually import them one by one, I had the same problem, I solved it like this

• @Kmatic said:

@Harro said:

manually import them one by one, I had the same problem, I solved it like this

I downloaded some presets and tried to export to AZ per instructions. No go. Then I unzipped the file and found 3 zip files inside. Those imported properly. Worth a try!