Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Moog Animoog Z AUV3 Released!

Comments

• @krassmann said:

@Pierre118 said:

@eross said:

@krassmann said:

@Samu said:
    It works on the Mac too :)

Like Model 15 also on my Intel MacBook. Moreover I could restore the unlock purchase that I did on my iPad. Fantastic. Thanks @MoogMusicInc

does this only work on the newest macbooks or any macbook. ?

Yes, only on Macs with a M1 chip.

Just installed it on my Macbook Pro M1, and it sounds really fantastic. Thank you, Moog.

No, that’s not true. Moog and fingerlab recently always release Intel binaries to the appstore, too.

But are they free too when you bought the IOS version?

• What a wonderful surprise.

• edited November 2021

@Pierre118 said:

@krassmann said:

@Pierre118 said:

@eross said:

@krassmann said:

@Samu said:

Like Model 15 also on my Intel MacBook. Moreover I could restore the unlock purchase that I did on my iPad. Fantastic. Thanks @MoogMusicInc

Just installed it on my Macbook Pro M1, and it sounds really fantastic. Thank you, Moog.

No, that’s not true. Moog and fingerlab recently always release Intel binaries to the appstore, too.

yes, and I could even restore my unlock purchase that I bought on the iPad - with the Moog apps. Not with the fingerlab apps unfortunately

• Yeah wow, amazing stuff. @MoogMusicInc

Truly exciting times for iOS music making.

• Whilst presets are compatible with the original Animoog it’s not a simple case of using the ‘Restore Purchases’ function to transfer any packs you purchased for the original. From the looks of things you’ll have to manually export them from Animoog and then import them into AnimoogZ (probably via iCloud). I haven’t had a chance to investigate the workflow further other than attempting the ‘Restore Purchases’ workflow as I’ve got other stuff on right now, but it’s a pity that it’s not an automated workflow considering that the individual presets are recognised in AnimoogZ.

• edited November 2021

@jonmoore said:
    Whilst presets are compatible with the original Animoog it’s not a simple case of using the ‘Restore Purchases’ function to transfer any packs you purchased for the original. From the looks of things you’ll have to manually export them from Animoog and then import them into AnimoogZ (probably via iCloud). I haven’t had a chance to investigate the workflow further other than attempting the ‘Restore Purchases’ workflow as I’ve got other stuff on right now, but it’s a pity that it’s not an automated workflow considering that the individual presets are recognised in AnimoogZ.

What you’re complaining about takes less time as to wrote your text😂😝🙈

• @krassmann said:

@Pierre118 said:

@krassmann said:

@Pierre118 said:

@eross said:

@krassmann said:

@Samu said:

yes, and I could even restore my unlock purchase that I bought on the iPad - with the Moog apps. Not with the fingerlab apps unfortunately

Good to know, thanks

• For Model 15 (and presumably Animoog Z, not tested yet) plugin presets are preserved when loaded from GB to Logic and in both directions if using MTS, meaning you can work on exactly the same project on iOS and desktop without needing to reload plugins or search for the presets used. Only a few other AUv3s both load the plugin automatically (they need to use the same plugin id on iOS/desktop) and also preserve preset state when transferred between iOS and desktop.

• @DarkAum3o said:

@jonmoore said:
    Whilst presets are compatible with the original Animoog it’s not a simple case of using the ‘Restore Purchases’ function to transfer any packs you purchased for the original. From the looks of things you’ll have to manually export them from Animoog and then import them into AnimoogZ (probably via iCloud). I haven’t had a chance to investigate the workflow further other than attempting the ‘Restore Purchases’ workflow as I’ve got other stuff on right now, but it’s a pity that it’s not an automated workflow considering that the individual presets are recognised in AnimoogZ.

What you’re complaining about takes less time as to wrote your text😂😝🙈

Correct! Just follow the directions exactly. As they say, sharing the zip file might not work first time (which is what happened for me) but I went back to Step 2 (as they suggest) and shared again and now I have over 500 presets available.

• Hi @MoogMusicInc
    The manual says that buffer rates are not available on iPhone. Does this mean it’s permanently stuck on 256? If so any plans to update in the future? Thanks

• I’m super excited for this!

But Ugh I guess it’s finally time for me to update iOS 😒

• edited November 2021

@BITCRUSHER said:
    What is new about the Animoog update?

so Z was the death of animoog :(

edit: context Moog uploaded a new Animoog Z and DELETED THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

• Super excited for this release!

• @Carnbot said:
    First problem for me is that Z doesn't show up in the share sheet or on "...more" menu, I reckon this is because I have too many apps which support opening zip files, iOS is a disasterzone for file handling still :)
    deleted an app and it made room for Z on the list. Hope Apple fixes this.

I had to delete 10 apps to “make room” for AnimoogZ to show up… well, I really have a lot of shit to clean on my device…

• Thank you @MoogMusicInc ! Z doesn’t show up in the iOS share sheet here, not accessible after tapping more to show all apps either. Did an iPad restart and it’s the same.
    Is there any other method, like unzip the compressed file in the iCloud folder to get the legacy Animoog presets in there?

• @cuscolima said:

@Carnbot said:
    First problem for me is that Z doesn't show up in the share sheet or on "...more" menu, I reckon this is because I have too many apps which support opening zip files, iOS is a disasterzone for file handling still :)
    deleted an app and it made room for Z on the list. Hope Apple fixes this.

I had to delete 10 apps to “make room” for AnimoogZ to show up… well, I really have a lot of shit to clean on my device…

Yeah this part wasn't fun because Apple make this simple task really difficult! But now that I've done it it's great to have this old friend back in business :)

• edited November 2021

Pencil Angle is a controller under Mods.

Never noticed that before, it’s in Animoog as well.

• @Model10000 said:
    Thank you @MoogMusicInc ! Z doesn’t show up in the iOS share sheet here, not accessible after tapping more to show all apps either. Did an iPad restart and it’s the same.
    Is there any other method, like unzip the compressed file in the iCloud folder to get the legacy Animoog presets in there?

You'll need to delete an app or two in order to make room on the "more" list

• edited November 2021

New Animoog Z! Complete reimagining of the synth. I love it. The old Animoog is dead, gone from the App Store. Long live the new Animoog. It also looks like there is a desktop version, which is fantastic.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/animoog-z-synthesizer/id1586841361

By the way, after you update your old Animoog, you can now zip up your old patches and import them into the new Animoog Z. See the last part of the manual here for instructions on how to do this:

https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/old-home

And one more thing, make sure you do a ‘force restart’ of your device afterward to make sure the old patches will load properly. I noticed that a lot of the Rustik patches for Animoog which were shared here won’t work now. Many still work, but I had to delete a lot of them.

• WWWWOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU😱😱😱😱😱😱❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The most instant instabuy ever!

• OK, wow! Insta purchase...dreams come true.

Next question...

Successfully imported presets from original Animoog no problem.
    Installed Animoog Z on M1 Mac.
    Scanned and appears in Logic Pro.
    But...Is there any way to bring those legacy presets from iOS into the desktop version?

The file system doesn't seem to work the same on macOS.

• Increeedible ! Ha ha ! :D
    You at @MoogMusicInc are just great !
    So funny that your "What about Z ?" update finally ended up as a "One more thing...!"

Thank you @MoogMusicInc <3 <3 <3

• @cokomairena said:

@BITCRUSHER said:
    What is new about the Animoog update?

so Z was the death of animoog :(

edit: context Moog uploaded a new Animoog Z and DELETED THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS

Hahaha…it’s more „the return of the living dead“ zombies 🧟‍♂️

• Big thank you to Moog!

Haven’t used the original very much as it wasn’t AUv3, so hoping I’ll get more use out of the new version. And the IAP unlock is a nice chance to say say thank you for giving away Model D, Model 15 and Animoog on Bob Moog's birthday last year, and Model D during the first lockdowns - such a nice thing to do.

• Instabuy! This inside of Drambo (especially once Drambo gets the automation update) will make for amazing Ambient creation. 😎

• Importing presets and timbres from my good old Animoog A into Animoog Z isn't working for me; I followed the instructions from Moog for importing Lecacy Presets (https://animoog-z-manual.webflow.io/importing-legacy-presets) several times, but the import-process always ends with the message "Zip archive imported" - Ok; that's it: no mention of how many presets or timbres were imported... And the result is that thus none of these were imported! Is it because I have the infamous Grateful Dead presets/timbres in Animoog A? Or is it because I'm still on IOS 14.8? ...
    Not a very big deal, because this new Animoog Z is a gift from heaven (and The Dead....? They're dead...). Thank you Moog!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Instabuy! This inside of Drambo (especially once Drambo gets the automation update) will make for amazing Ambient creation. 😎

I want to hear it when you do it, Mr!

• @Vaultnaemsae said:
    OK, wow! Insta purchase...dreams come true.

Next question...

Successfully imported presets from original Animoog no problem.
    Installed Animoog Z on M1 Mac.
    Scanned and appears in Logic Pro.
    But...Is there any way to bring those legacy presets from iOS into the desktop version?

The file system doesn't seem to work the same on macOS.

You can import the same .zip file you exported from Animoog to Animoog Z on the desktop, drag the zip to the Animoog Z app icon in Finder.