Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

.: DRAW! :. ZOA, ChordJam, AudioLayer, BG Extasy, GlitchCore, RDM, MixBox, AUM, Cubasis 3

edited November 2021 in Creations

Not much time these days for creating, but I felt like I had to justify my pre-Black Friday shopping binges somehow. Public Domain video clips from various episodes of "Judge Roy Bean", a stock footage film "Wagon Chase" and a single frame from "The Slowest Gun in the West".
ZOA into ChordJam with midi sent to an AudioLayer guitar. Nembrini BG Extasy for amplification into GlitchCore for more rhythmic variation and the slightly chip-tuneish sound. Rock Drum Machine again holding down the beat. All into MixBox ( Yes, I gave in to the fear of missing out) and then recorded in AUM. Edited to create some semblance of a chord progression throughout and arranged in Cubasis 3.
Sketch effects created with Artomaton
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/artomaton-the-motion-painter/id718222634

Thanks for looking, listening, liking, critiquing, and/or commenting.

Comments

• @MadeofWax said:
    Not much time these days for creating, but I felt like I had to justify my pre-Black Friday shopping binges somehow.

Words of the wise! :lol:

Really dig the crazy visuals and the song. Cool that you mention chip-tuneish sound. This would fit nicely to a videogame like megaman or something :wink:

• @senhorlampada said:

@MadeofWax said:
    Not much time these days for creating, but I felt like I had to justify my pre-Black Friday shopping binges somehow.

Words of the wise! :lol:

Really dig the crazy visuals and the song. Cool that you mention chip-tuneish sound. This would fit nicely to a videogame like megaman or something :wink:

Glad you dig it! I thought about a videogame type theme for the video but there's not much in public domain for that and the "Draw" pun for the sketch filter was too good (bad?) to pass up. Thanks for watching!

• The draw pun was to good to holster it :lol:

• edited November 2021

@MadeofWax said:
    Not much time these days for creating, but I felt like I had to justify my pre-Black Friday shopping binges somehow. Public Domain video clips from various episodes of "Judge Roy Bean", a stock footage film "Wagon Chase" and a single frame from "The Slowest Gun in the West".
    ZOA into ChordJam with midi sent to an AudioLayer guitar. Nembrini BG Extasy for amplification into GlitchCore for more rhythmic variation and the slightly chip-tuneish sound. Rock Drum Machine again holding down the beat. All into MixBox ( Yes, I gave in to the fear of missing out) and then recorded in AUM. Edited to create some semblance of a chord progression throughout and arranged in Cubasis 3.

Very nice! I love westerns and I love that guitar tone. I've been struggling with achieving a nice tone using various virtual amps and effects (nurack, cubasis own stuff, Impulsation). If it's not a trade secret, could you share how you got that guitar lead tone? love it!

Nevermind, should have read on! just got overexcited after hearing the guitar!

• Artomaton looks nice! and your experiment sound good! nice

• @senhorlampada said:
    The draw pun was to good to holster it :lol:

🤣Looks like I'm outgunned and outpunned. I was trying to think of a clever reply but if it's a battle of wits, I'm terribly short on ammo.

@AlexY said:

@MadeofWax said:

Very nice! I love westerns and I love that guitar tone. I've been struggling with achieving a nice tone using various virtual amps and effects (nurack, cubasis own stuff, Impulsation). If it's not a trade secret, could you share how you got that guitar lead tone? love it!

Nevermind, should have read on! just got overexcited after hearing the guitar!

Thank you!!The Nembrini BG Extasy is really the meat of the tone. I bought it on the strength of the demo by @flo26 . I highly recommend it.

@LinearLineman said:
    Fun!

Thank you! I had a lot of fun making this so I'm glad some of it worked it's way into the final mix.

@cokomairena said:
    Artomaton looks nice! and your experiment sound good! nice

Thank you! Artomaton was an app store recommended app due to my interest in video filters and for me it was a must have. Glad you liked the sound as well.

• Cool idea with the Zoa>Chordjam>AL thing! I was just messing with AudioLayer myself. Thanks for demonstrating how it’s used.

Loved the jam and the western theme and visuals!

• @MadeofWax said:
    🤣Looks like I'm outgunned and outpunned. I was trying to think of a clever reply but if it's a battle of wits, I'm terribly short on ammo.

you win! In the western scenario, i'm one of those guys on the roof that get shot and fall like a potato sack :lol:

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Cool idea with the Zoa>Chordjam>AL thing! I was just messing with AudioLayer myself. Thanks for demonstrating how it’s used.

Loved the jam and the western theme and visuals!

Thank you! I'm constantly throwing anything and everything with midi at my AudioLayer guitar in whatever odd combinations I can think of. Randomizers into arpeggiators or chord generators, etc.
    The western theme is something I've been thinking about trying for a bit and finding the sketch effects clinched it. I'm frequently going at this backwards, writing music and finding videos and effects to fit it afterwards, but that's the madness to my method lately.

• @senhorlampada said:

@MadeofWax said:

you win! In the western scenario, i'm one of those guys on the roof that get shot and fall like a potato sack :lol:

With the obligatory Wilhelm scream?

• @MadeofWax said:
    With the obligatory Wilhelm scream?

Yes please!
    Now we really need a Wilhelm Scream AUv3 :lol:
    With optional layering with the doom guy scream