Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

An iPhone Jam

My iPhone holds so many apps it was really fun to assemble some of my favorite stuff and assemble a jam:

Comments

  • edited November 22

    That was pretty cool McD…it’s crazy the quality of music u can create on these phones…it’s all i use even though i have an ipad…nice work✌🏻

  • @BITCRUSHER said:
    That was pretty cool McD…it’s crazy the quality of music u can create on these phones…it’s all i use even though i have an ipad…nice work✌🏻

    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I get some stats fro SoundCloud but it's nice to
    get some human feedback. Of course, SoundCloud has a "Like" heart button and I get the odd comment on the project page there... emphasis on the "odd" comment. Mostly on SoundCloud you get spambots that will help you reach a larger audience. Sure...

  • @McD said:

    @BITCRUSHER said:
    That was pretty cool McD…it’s crazy the quality of music u can create on these phones…it’s all i use even though i have an ipad…nice work✌🏻

    Thanks for taking the time to comment. I get some stats fro SoundCloud but it's nice to
    get some human feedback. Of course, SoundCloud has a "Like" heart button and I get the odd comment on the project page there... emphasis on the "odd" comment. Mostly on SoundCloud you get spambots that will help you reach a larger audience. Sure...

    Hey there. I am a hot young lady DM me for promo. :lol:

    Damn bots making giving us hope

    Awesome jam, mate :wink:
    I was gonna ask what sound sources you used for specific instruments, but I guess I got curious with all of them
    Some really nice sounds here

  • @senhorlampada said:
    I was gonna ask what sound sources you used for specific instruments, but I guess I got curious with all of them
    Some really nice sounds here

    Another good trick to see if anyone actually listened.

    2 instances of Koala with some looped slices of solo acoustic guitar music I recorded from a YouTube Video... just 4 seconds chopped into interesting slices

    2 instances of Roli Noise (usually with strings or choir pads... AUM and Noise don't save the settings in the project file so when I re-load the project get the default Noise sound and have to tweak... adding extra Notes would be important if this need to be repeated for performances)

    1 instance of iFretless Bass using the Fretless Bass instrument and the Aggressive Fingerstyle Preset (AUM saved these choices)

    For MIDI generators I used 2 instances of Mosaic running my Glass_v1.4 script which has 16 knobs 22 knobs to play with... the strum and transpose knobs and and was instrumental in the resulting bass line pattern (AUM didn't freeze the settings but I think that's on the Mosaic coder to insure the last used settings are re-loaded... I probably fixed that after 1.4 but that's what I happened to have loaded on my iPhone a year later).

    TL;DR? We build up these little audio toolkits for generating wonder and using headphones it's our secret world of sound.

  • Awesome workflow, and thanks for sharing, brother.
    Gotta play a tad more with some of these apps that are gathering virtual dust here :lol:

  • @senhorlampada said:
    Awesome workflow, and thanks for sharing, brother.
    Gotta play a tad more with some of these apps that are gathering virtual dust here :lol:

    All I do is play with optional workflows. It's amazing I get anything done at all because everyday is a search for a new experiment. I suspect many are the same because anything
    else requires discipline and hours of practice. It's a lovely diversion from the daily grind of
    life... I have a broken water heater, an espresso machine (for my caffeine addition) that's throwing the circuit breaker (intermittently) and a house full of visitors that would like to bathe this week... no time for music making. Just app shopping.

  • A mix of chores and building up the expectations for the next experiments :wink:

  • I see Koala, I give thumbs up. Great job, McD.

Sign In or Register to comment.