Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Sequencer on iOS to replace Deluge?
Got too reduce my boxes, I’m bloating, not being productive and could use the cash. All I use my deluge for is sequencing since I’m no longer commuting after lockdown (for its size it’s the best powerful all round groovebox, but the circuit is still more fun IMO)
Anyone be able to clarify what iOS app might cover me here?
.. normally, have a 2 or 3 or 4 bar loops in play, so it’s short midi loops, with no more than 6 tracks playing at one time (a kit is one track) I.e I don’t use song mode.
- half of my tracks are preprogrammed, and the other half (drums and lead) are performed/recorded midi looper style.
- need to easily arm tracks to be midi looped (with midi learn so I can set up my foot pedal), and have easy undo if I mess up.
- add a variety of trigs to a note: I.e. step per loop \ percentage per step etc. (and more options if possible like only play one percentage per step on kits)
- easy muting of tracks, and individual notes in drum kits.
- control set groups of tracks to mute and then play a new group at end of loop. I.e. 1) I perform a fill at the end of the loop, so the kit tracks need to mute, while other tracks like the bass continue, it then returns to the original group that played (doing this on the deluge is a bit of a hack but possible) 2) have multiple groups for my chorus, verse etc, So I could go from a bunch of tracks playing a verse, to a new bunch of tracks that is the chorus, while I midi record the lead for the chorus when it starts.
Features that I would like that the deluge does not have:
- Post quantise after I’ve recorded it in with a 50% quantitative option.
- Retrospective looping.
- i love the iso keyboards on the deluge, but the launchpad mk3 has sensitive pads.. so maybe an atom2?
- I want to send midi tracks to Mozaic or Drambo for generative layers from existing midi for alternating versions etc.., so AUmidi would be good. Not tried this yet.
I have tried the midi looping on MPCLive, Launchpad and Maschine, and none-of these has these above features I use on the deluge.