Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU3FX:Push

Comments

• Congrats on the AppStore release Jonatan. Fantastic compressor, great to see the first true side-chain app on iOS get the AUV3 upgrade :)

• Bought instantly because you are one of my heroes, @j_liljedahl 🤩

• Just picked up Push:Dub:Space

Beautiful work as always @j_liljedahl 👊🏼™️

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

i have them all! An AU3FX:Tremolo might be nice. probably take you a few days and generate more funds to keep enhancing the AUM. Or maybe an AUM:AU3FX to load some AUM UI features into Drambo of Cubasis. Too weird?

• @McD said:
    i have them all! An AU3FX:Tremolo might be nice. probably take you a few days and generate more funds to keep enhancing the AUM.

I have a long list of fx apps I want to make :)

Or maybe an AUM:AU3FX to load some AUM UI features into Drambo of Cubasis. Too weird?

Not sure exactly what that would do?

• Short demo video teaser:

• Weeeeiiiiird. I missed this thread and didn’t know this was coming out. Was working in AUM and on a whim I decided just to hit the “other apps” button in AUM, and there Push was as an AU. Eerie!

• It’s the AUM conspiracy … to sell all the products… I’m in the @j_liljedahl cult of conspicuous consumption: be a j_l C3 fanboy.

• Saw it, Bought it
    It’s that easy folks

• The absolute last thing I need is another compressor. Especially one I already own lol.

And yet, it’s like buying @j_liljedahl a pint and saying, “Thanks mate! Thank you for AUM”

It’s also a really well featured compressor that sounds great…

• @gusgranite said:
    The absolute last thing I need is another compressor. Especially one I already own lol.

And yet, it’s like buying @j_liljedahl a pint and saying, “Thanks mate! Thank you for AUM”

Thanks! :) But now you get state saving and can use multiple instances, and proper latency compensation. Also the AU3FX version has a bugfix regarding the Lookahead parameter (it was non-working in the AUFX version, but no one seems to have noticed during all these years!)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@gusgranite said:
    The absolute last thing I need is another compressor. Especially one I already own lol.

Thanks! :) But now you get state saving and can use multiple instances, and proper latency compensation. Also the AU3FX version has a bugfix regarding the Lookahead parameter (it was non-working in the AUFX version, but no one seems to have noticed during all these years!)

That’s awesome! Cheers

• @j_liljedahl yours was my only Black Friday purchase!

• @audiblevideo said:
    @j_liljedahl yours was my only Black Friday purchase!

• @audiblevideo said:
    @j_liljedahl yours was my only Black Friday purchase!

Count me in!
    It's been the 'cheapest' BF in ages, Animoog Z($9.99 IAP), 'Free' Volcano 3 via bundle update and AU3FX:Push :sunglasses:

Still waiting for a few other apps to drop so it ain't over yet haha.

• edited November 2021

correct use of compression is something i struggle with. I put this on a guitar channel in aum, ran through a few of the presets and it just sounded better, brilliant!

• @auxmux said:

@OscarSouth said:

@OscarSouth said:

@auxmux said:
    Give me some good use cases for this. 🙏 I'll get it but I never used the original despite having it.

Any compression.

(or expansion, gating, dynamic effects, limiting, clipping, gain staging, etc.)

Got it, use Fabfilter for all of that stuff mostly. Does this work better for some instruments like drums vs synths over other AU?

An advantage with PUSH is that it's multi-purpose where with Fabfilter you need to load different plugs to get there, which makes PUSH fun to play with. Also it's on iPhone too :)

• 😂😂😂

• I often wonder if apple has more problems approving music making apps than they do any other category…

• edited December 2021

And now, PeakQ rejected for the 4th time! I've submitted an appeal to the App Review Board and hoping they can resolve this circus.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    And now, PeakQ rejected for the 4th time! I've submitted an appeal to the App Review Board and hoping they can resolve this circus.

Incredible

• @gusgranite said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Incredible

Didn't work. The App Review Board "noticed that the reviewer asked for more information. Continue by giving the reviewer the information. Case closed."

Well, the problem is that the reviewer is totally clueless and asks for a video that "shows the apps interaction with the Audio Unit Extension". This is the AU extension! They have a video of me loading and using it in GarageBand.

Submitted for the 5th time now, with a lengthy explanation.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@gusgranite said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Incredible

Didn't work. The App Review Board "noticed that the reviewer asked for more information. Continue by giving the reviewer the information. Case closed."

Well, the problem is that the reviewer is totally clueless and asks for a video that "shows the apps interaction with the Audio Unit Extension". This is the AU extension! They have a video of me loading and using it in GarageBand.

Praying. It sounds like it’ll take a miracle.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:
    i have them all! An AU3FX:Tremolo might be nice. probably take you a few days and generate more funds to keep enhancing the AUM.

I have a long list of fx apps I want to make :)

And an AUv3 version of SECTOR, which can take live audio input (as well as load samples) is right at the top :# :# :#

• Meanwhile the Fart apps are blowing right through approval... :o

• edited December 2021

@auxmux said:
    That's fair. I use Dub and Space all the time because they are so great.

Big dub app fan.

@j_liljedahl said:

Ridiculous.

• @Carnbot said:
    @auxmux said:

@OscarSouth said:

@OscarSouth said:

@auxmux said:
    Give me some good use cases for this. 🙏 I'll get it but I never used the original despite having it.

Any compression.

(or expansion, gating, dynamic effects, limiting, clipping, gain staging, etc.)

Got it, use Fabfilter for all of that stuff mostly. Does this work better for some instruments like drums vs synths over other AU?

An advantage with PUSH is that it's multi-purpose where with Fabfilter you need to load different plugs to get there, which makes PUSH fun to play with. Also it's on iPhone too :)

Just curious… By multipurpose do you mean good on individual channels as well as master bus, or are you saying good on a wide range of instruments, or both?

• If Sector goes AUv3 my longing will be complete @j_liljedahl

I’d definitely pay a premium for this 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼💕💕💕👊🏼™️

• @j_liljedahl said:

@gusgranite said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Incredible

And rejected for the 5th time.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@gusgranite said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Incredible

And rejected for the 5th time.

Wooot. It’s time to question why the other apps in the category got passed…
    …why do they let a load of sh*t apps thru the review process and block quality apps!?

Apple should have ’review experts’ for each Appstore category and sub-category it’s not like they can’t afford it…