Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mitosynth by Wooji Juice

edited June 2014 in General App Discussion

They called for beta testers on May 19th, I was wondering if anybody has any news on this unique synth.

http://www.wooji-juice.com/products/mitosynth/

Here are some sounds.

Comments

• Nothing. I applied but never heard back.

• It's more or less finished, I'm guessing it will be submitted in a week or 2. There's a thread about it on the iPad Musician FB page, with a few more unofficial examples.

It's sounding great, I think anyone who was interested in that preview is going to enjoy it. And yes, it supports AudioBus.

• This one will be an instant buy for me. Universal apps are rare and this seems to be fantastic. Grain Science was good.

• edited June 2014

Sound quality is good and has character. Wavetable sample based synthesis plus additive synthesis. Easy to import samples including Audioshare import. Virtual midi works well. Unique, easy to navigate interface. Many modulation targets and sound editing parameters. Very stable and solid.

• Can't wait!!!!!

• Sounds tasty

• I want this :) Hearing about it made me buy Grain Science and it made me want it more!

• Agreed, sounds really good. I also applied for beta testing and heard nothing back (I have even tested for them before).

• How did I never manage to hear about Grain Science until seeing it here? Both of them look nice - i may wait for this release and see if one of them fits me better.

• I've been interested in Grain Science since the get-go, but never saw any mention about it before now. Glad to hear my intuition about it was well-placed, but it costs enough that it'll be among the last of my target apps. Interested in seeing this new one make the rounds!

• Have to admit, Grain Science is one of those apps I thought looked really cool, then I bought it and never really used it. It definitely has its fans though.

Liking Mitosynth a lot more!

• Sylo Synth by Wooji is also a great app for generating samples etc.

• I haven't tried Sylo yet. I was hoping Grain Science goes on sale, been looking for a good granular besides the SampleWiz that I have.

• edited June 2014

Wooji Juice just tweeted they submitted two apps to the App store today...

...I wonder what's the other one...

• Awesome! I'm starving for a new synth/app to mess with. And this one does look brilliant, and sounds brilliant from the demos I've heard. Let the waiting game begin..

• Oh, wonderful!
    (Maybe the other one is an update to, say, Hokusai or Grain Science).