Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat 3 by AUDIOMODERN

Comments

• @Cambler said:

@HotStrange said:

@Cambler said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Cambler said:
    Recently grabbed Playbeat and I'm really digging it. One thing I would love to see though is the ability to import midi (drum patterns). One could then build a library of different styles for use with the Smart AI system, rather than just the IDM et al that come with the system. I'm thinking some interesting jazz or rock beats that could provide the basis for some interesting randomisation/remixes.

Amen. The arc of the iOS universe bends toward EDM but doesn't have to.

Indeed. I think there's a real opportunity for apps like Playbeat to aid in the creation of some really interesting hybrid styles. From my own dabblings with the app and also listening to user demos on yTube, the most interesting output comes when folks are using non-traditional (in context) drum/percussion samples and I think this can be furthered with the same idea rhythmically.

My 2 cents :)

Agreed. I’ve been making some industrial drone/free jazz/IDM mix and using Playbeat as my main drum machine for these tracks. It’s been really fun and it’s really great at it. Quickly becoming one of my favorite iOS drum machines.

That sounds wonderful @HotStrange . There are some amazing tools out there eh!

Absolutely. The iPad is indispensable for me.

• What’s up with Quick Load Slots?
    I can’t save sets of them with patterns?
    Can i only load one slot at a time?

• @CapnWillie said:
    Ive been on the fence with this one for awhile. Had the last version with half the tracks. Looks like its definitely grown up but can't see where I can't do everything it does in Drumcomputer except with DC I can also design my own sounds using the synth engines, filters, effects, env, etc.

Still may grab it just to complete the suite. Love Audiomodern stuff.

One thing that may or may not be relevant to you is that the PB presets beat DC presets hands down (imho, of course, a question of taste)

• @Audiomodern
    Is there a way to save and load instantly the 16 quick load pads?

• When importing from the files app a preview before loading like Koala has would be nice.

• Greetings @Audiomodern guys, heed some help here. Is there away to transfer standalone presets inside auv3? Pattern mutator with ability to randomize my own sample folders seems like match made in heaven for betmaking. But It looks like plugin version can’t load samples from shared folder as standalone Playbeat so all my beats aren’t loading in AUM as they should.

• is it possible that in a future upgrade we will see midi mappings for popular drums apps? (i dont like to make comparisons between similar apps, but that feature in polybeat is fantastic for people not used to work with samples so much!)

• @lazyass said:
    Greetings @Audiomodern guys, heed some help here. Is there away to transfer standalone presets inside auv3? Pattern mutator with ability to randomize my own sample folders seems like match made in heaven for betmaking. But It looks like plugin version can’t load samples from shared folder as standalone Playbeat so all my beats aren’t loading in AUM as they should.

Hi, while shared Folder can't be accessed by AUv3 versions, you still have the option to export/import your own customizable packs between Standalone and AUv3.

Here's how:

• @Audiomodern said:

@lazyass said:
    Greetings @Audiomodern guys, heed some help here. Is there away to transfer standalone presets inside auv3? Pattern mutator with ability to randomize my own sample folders seems like match made in heaven for betmaking. But It looks like plugin version can’t load samples from shared folder as standalone Playbeat so all my beats aren’t loading in AUM as they should.

Hi, while shared Folder can't be accessed by AUv3 versions, you still have the option to export/import your own customizable packs between Standalone and AUv3.

Here's how:

It works! Merci

• Any templates for Drumkit or other drum modules?

• edited June 2022

@Audiomodern
    I'm not sure what has been going on recently, but the Gatelab app on macOS no longer works as an Audio Unit. Could you check on your side and see if you're seeing the same failure to work in GarageBand? I've had to turn it off and remove it from my effects chain on all my tracks.

Running macOS Monterey 12.4 on an M1 computer.

• @NeuM said:
    @Audiomodern
    I'm not sure what has been going on recently, but the Gatelab app on macOS no longer works as an Audio Unit.

Ah.. I thought I was doing something wrong with Gatelab not getting to work.

• @Slush said:

@NeuM said:
    @Audiomodern
    I'm not sure what has been going on recently, but the Gatelab app on macOS no longer works as an Audio Unit.

Ah.. I thought I was doing something wrong with Gatelab not getting to work.

Yes, the error for me has been all audio stops when Gatelab is activated. I disable it and then the audio returns on the track.

• any news when drag & drop in auv3 on ios will be added ?

this is really missing and that is why i still use other plugins in AUM instead of playbeat 3.

it is way to complicated if i have to build first my own "packs" in the standalone version auf playbeat to load them later in the auv3. this is so annoying and kills creativity 🙈

koala and digistix 2 support drag & drop from the files app or sample crate and i hope you will add this in playbeat 3 soon too as you said 7 months ago.

@Audiomodern

• edited June 2022

Bought this GEM today.. Love it.. Think I can give Future Drummer a little rest now (IAA)…

Must say, Probability will take this thru the roof..

Thanks for making..

• After spending a month with Playbeat I'm in love and troubled at the same time. The problem is it often crash when user move presets from one pack to another. Yesterday it was 3 times, today 4 or 5 times. And last one was fatal, after restart smart presets, public packs and hand made packs are gone. And I have no idea how to restore it.
    Fellows, anyone faced this issue?
    @Audiomodern is it possible to simplify presets transfer between standalone and auv3?

• Cannot get an export Midi in a single file, even when exported as 'All Stems'.. It opens up as multiple midi tracks... anyone?

• @Audiomodern

Any feature request?

I would like the following:

1.Unique 16 Quick load patterns loaded with each preset

2.More Parameters exposed in Aum like remix pads and quick load patterns
    (Couldn’t midi learn in Aum)

3.Multi out

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A Playbeat 3 update is about to hit this week. Posted on Audiomodern's forum.
    Also, word on a Riffer update, well.. Our upcoming Riffer update will be way more flexible for generating bass-lines.

Looking forward to seeing what this great Drum Machine brings this week.. and future Riffer.

• @RajahP said:
    A Playbeat 3 update is about to hit this week. Posted on Audiomodern's forum.
    Also, word on a Riffer update, well.. Our upcoming Riffer update will be way more flexible for generating bass-lines.

Looking forward to seeing what this great Drum Machine brings this week.. and future Riffer.

Thanks for the heads up.

• @Burner said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    @Audiomodern

Any feature request?

I would like the following:

1.Unique 16 Quick load patterns loaded with each preset

2.More Parameters exposed in Aum like remix pads and quick load patterns
    (Couldn’t midi learn in Aum)

3.Multi out

@Audiomodern

Cycle Conditions, Probability and Universal (iPhone) 🙏

Yes - yes - yes

• @michael_m said:

@RajahP said:
    A Playbeat 3 update is about to hit this week. Posted on Audiomodern's forum.

Thanks for the heads up.

I’m waiting.. hopefully soon..

Even if it’s just for the midi export issues..

• Excited for a new update. This is my go to drum machine. Such a blast to play.

• Updated on Desktop... Saying iOS later on today...

• Multi-out please. 🙏

• Fav iOS drum app by a long shot. Multi-out, stem export individual audio files all at once, a skin with larger font, drag and drop from Files app. Any of those coming through?

• Updated..

• Anyone managed to midi learn PB3 inside Aum?

• Just bought playbeat, lots of fun. Ok no multi out inside of cubasis. So how do we route things properly per playbeat channel? Is there a way? Or just add several instances of playbeat per track? We then have separate playbeat auv so each change we make is per cubasis track only. Bit messy 🤯