Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Playbeat 3 by AUDIOMODERN

Comments

• edited November 2021

@DarkAum3o said:

@echoopera said:
    Dunno what to say. My Grandmother always told me that 'my mood' was the only thing I could control in life :wink:

Too much fun:

You grandma was a wise woman 🖤🙏🏽

Truth...each day as life passes, I realize that more and more ;)
    I do miss her.

• is it intro price?

• @gusgranite said:
    @Audiomodern is midi timing fixed in this new release? The current Playbeat and Riffer still drift. Thanks!

More info about Playbeat and Riffers timing problems in this thread.

Not only they drift, when using Playbeat as MIDI AUv3 it don‘t send the midi via the host connection as all the other midi generators, but instead send only to known midi destinations.
    So if hosted in AUM, you need to set them up to send to AUM and then for instruments to read from ‚AUM Destination‘… That way you can‘t really use several instances, only up to two if the first send on midi channels 1-8 to AUM Destination and the second one send on midi channels 9-16 to AUM Destination.

If they fixed that wierd behavior and the timing problem with the new version, i’m happy to do an update :)

• edited November 2021

@gusgranite @_ki AudioModern has a forum as well. They are pretty responsive to it.

Check it:
    https://forum.audiomodern.com

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Never used Playbeat enough to bother paying for an update...

Same.

What was the green one, the free one? Is this like that?

• @echoopera Thanks for the link - could you please check if it shows up in AUMs midi matrix if loaded as midi AUv3 in an AUM midi track ?
    If so, i‘m willing to jump in an check the timing - and if there‘s still a problem contact them via their forum.

The short video you did sounded cool 👍🏼

• @ashh said:

@Samu said:

Same.

The “green one” was a gate sequencer. The “red one” is a drum sequencer ;)

• @audiblevideo said:

@ashh said:

@Samu said:

Same.

Aha! Cheers.

• @_ki said:
    @echoopera Thanks for the link - could you please check if it shows up in AUMs midi matrix if loaded as midi AUv3 in an AUM midi track ?
    If so, i‘m willing to jump in an check the timing - and if there‘s still a problem contact them via their forum.

The short video you did sounded cool 👍🏼

You need to point the individual channels in PlayBeat to AUM in the Midi Setup view. Only one instance shows up in the AUM Midi Matrix view:

• edited November 2021

@audiblevideo said:

@ashh said:

@Samu said:

Same.

The Purple one is a Chord Sequencer, the Yellow one is a Filter Cutoff sequencer, and the Blue One is...well, we all know what the Blue Pill does don't we :)

• What are the main differences with playbeat ? It is anyway a good app from a good dev

• edited November 2021

@cuscolima said:
    What are the main differences with playbeat ? It is anyway a good app from a good dev

It's a really fantastic Drum+Sample sequencer for iPadOS. Great as an auv3, stand alone or use to sequence external gear as well.

It offers a lot of Per Step sequencing tweaking that isn't usually found in a Drum Machine...I use it 90% of the time when creating drum enhanced tracks...

• @echoopera said:

@audiblevideo said:

@ashh said:

@Samu said:

Same.

The Purple one is a Chord Sequencer, the Yellow one is a Filter Cutoff sequencer, and the Blue One is...well, we all know what the Blue Pill does don't we :)

I have the blue one and the green one and I thought I had this too but it looks like it's just come out today so I guess not.

• Hello people, i hope you're doing well and safe!

We really appreciate the support you have shown to our new Playbeat and we couldn't be happier!
    As always, for feedback and suggestions -> https://forum.audiomodern.com/

@DarkAum3o said:
    @Audiomodern
    Wasn’t it possible to make an IAP or an update bundle.
    Think about your marketing strategy 🖤

I completely understand why you would be confused and frustrated by the fact that Playbeat 3 is distributed as a new app.
    Allow me to explain.

Here @Audiomodern we're really proud for working on updates coming in almost every month for all of our apps and we make sure to make user experience better and better. No extra payments. No paywalls. Just plain awesome functionality.

We've always delivered new features for free since our inception in 2017 and if you are already a user of any of our Software then it is very likely that you are already using many of the features that are added much later on each App for free.

Playbeat 3 is a totally different concept. When version 1.0 was updated to version 2.0 (for free) back in 2019, we didn't choose to upload it as a different build, instead we uploaded the new version 2.0 directly into the existing app.
    This way, everyone could enjoy the new changes in a single installable download. This resulted in users completely losing their projects and sounds because version 2.0 would completely overwrite version 1.0.

Although we clearly indicated this to our newsletter when announcing the free update, very few iOS users actually got our newsletter because App Store does not provide any option for us to contact users outside of the App Store platform.
    So, if a user had 'automatic updates' turned on, their Playbeat projects where automatically gone too.

IAP wasn't able to provide that option too as this is a totally new build, a totally 'different' app.
    A Bundle Upgrade still wouldn't work as the review guidelines don't allow that. No app can be replaced with another on the very same bundle, so we would need to keep the older Playbeat version in the same bundle too, which will obviously result in a higher price of the Bundle.

The only solution we could think of without having to alter any of the user's projects, was to simply release as a new App.
    Our upgrade path system on our website allows customers to choose how to best upgrade, but this too is not an option on the App Store.

Still, given that Playbeat 3 comes with so many new features we believe that a price of $9.99 as an 'upgrade' is really fair considering the amount of time that is invested for the development to an upgrade like this, not to mention the customized Packs (which is a new format) and we aim to release various collections (that also include sounds) frequently.

Therefore i invite you to grab the trial from our site and take it for a spin:
    https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/playbeat-3/

Be sure to check for our upcoming Packs here as well:
    https://audiomodern.com/playbeat-packs/

There is really nothing worse for us than having a dissatisfied user and i hope this explanation -although a bit technical- clears up any confusion. <3

Max

• @echoopera said:
    FWIW, there is enough of a difference between PlayBeat and PlayBeat 3 to merit a new Purchase of $9.99 on the iPad.

This new version is beyond a maintenance update and is a totally new app from it's features and enhancements.

If you're curious, you can always download the demo for the Mac and Windows to see if it will serve your workflow.

For me, it's an insta buy for how I like to program Drums and generative sequences...hint...it's not just for Drums if you like working the Elektron, Drambo step sequencer way ;) For 9.99 it's a total steal in my book for what they are giving us access to on the iPadOS platform.

I will admit I love every app they’ve released, have them all. Gonna definitely give it a 👀.

• edited November 2021

@echoopera said:
    Dunno what to say. My Grandmother always told me that 'my mood' was the only thing I could control in life :wink:

Too much fun:

Wow that quick video already has me strongly considering.

Good saying. I’ve also hear it said with attitude, instead of mood. Which has a very similar meaning in the context of this saying.

As in having a good, open, welcoming, or ‘whatever is appropriate’ attitude towards whatever may come your way, and in general.

• How does the sample loading compare to the previous one? I found it so fiddly I stopped using the app

• Here’s a quick little jam using some of the @Audiomodern wonderful kit:

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2021

@echoopera Nice, the previous version didn‘t show up at all in the input list (at the top) of AUMs midi matrix, so i suppose it uses the regular host midi connection now 👍🏼

And bough…

@Audiomodern
    BUT even though a midi output is listed in AUMs midi matrix all the midi output of Playbeat 3 still arrives at ‚AUM Destination‘ and nothing at regular output shown in the midi matrix. Grmpffffff ! Same old problem.

AND the sample offset of all midi notes is still zero, so the timing problem is also not fixed (like with Riffer and the original Playbeat). It will audible jitter for longer host sample buffer settings.

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hello people, i hope you're doing well and safe!

We really appreciate the support you have shown to our new Playbeat and we couldn't be happier!
    As always, for feedback and suggestions -> https://forum.audiomodern.com/

@DarkAum3o said:
    @Audiomodern
    Wasn’t it possible to make an IAP or an update bundle.
    Think about your marketing strategy 🖤

I completely understand why you would be confused and frustrated by the fact that Playbeat 3 is distributed as a new app.
    Allow me to explain.

Here @Audiomodern we're really proud for working on updates coming in almost every month for all of our apps and we make sure to make user experience better and better. No extra payments. No paywalls. Just plain awesome functionality.

We've always delivered new features for free since our inception in 2017 and if you are already a user of any of our Software then it is very likely that you are already using many of the features that are added much later on each App for free.

Playbeat 3 is a totally different concept. When version 1.0 was updated to version 2.0 (for free) back in 2019, we didn't choose to upload it as a different build, instead we uploaded the new version 2.0 directly into the existing app.
    This way, everyone could enjoy the new changes in a single installable download. This resulted in users completely losing their projects and sounds because version 2.0 would completely overwrite version 1.0.

Although we clearly indicated this to our newsletter when announcing the free update, very few iOS users actually got our newsletter because App Store does not provide any option for us to contact users outside of the App Store platform.
    So, if a user had 'automatic updates' turned on, their Playbeat projects where automatically gone too.

IAP wasn't able to provide that option too as this is a totally new build, a totally 'different' app.
    A Bundle Upgrade still wouldn't work as the review guidelines don't allow that. No app can be replaced with another on the very same bundle, so we would need to keep the older Playbeat version in the same bundle too, which will obviously result in a higher price of the Bundle.

The only solution we could think of without having to alter any of the user's projects, was to simply release as a new App.
    Our upgrade path system on our website allows customers to choose how to best upgrade, but this too is not an option on the App Store.

Still, given that Playbeat 3 comes with so many new features we believe that a price of $9.99 as an 'upgrade' is really fair considering the amount of time that is invested for the development to an upgrade like this, not to mention the customized Packs (which is a new format) and we aim to release various collections (that also include sounds) frequently.

There is really nothing worse for us than having a dissatisfied user and i hope this explanation -although a bit technical- clears up any confusion. <3

Max

Thank you for this detailed description about the reason to create a brand new app.
    I really appreciate this🙏🏽 and I think it was good to ask you about it, because it’s not very common and now I understand even more points of the limitations of the App Store.
    As this kind of discussion are often in the audiobus forum it’s good for the people to have some background information.
    Some of us need this information to totally understand some of developers decisions.

Thanks again
    BumBum
    🙏🏽🖤🙏🏽

• @Audiomodern said:

Allow me to explain.

Max

Thanks for the explanation but just fyi, a bundle upgrade does work as an option and other developers do use this. By keeping the older version and the newer version in the bundle.
    Also one way of notifying customers is if you send a final update out on the previous app version, it can contain information about a forthcoming new version.

• @Audiomodern can you check that your site login is working? It kicks me back to the login screen using Chrome on iOS.

• @Audiomodern purchased Playbeat 3 as it offers a significant update to a creative drum machine. HOWEVER, PLEASE fix the timing issues in your sequencers as it REALLY, really hampers performing and composing with some very impressive apps. (Riffer first). Thank you.

• Just posted both bugs on the Audiomodern support forum - lets see if this works out better than before. Also mentioned the timing problems of riffer

• @Audiomodern Thanks for taking the time to explain here, Max. I suggest adding a condensed version of your explanation to the App Store description or at least some acknowledgement that Playbeat 3 is a new, separate app. Otherwise, I would expect negative reviews from those who aren't informed or don't understand.

• With today's aweful attention span on my part, I really hoped for a comparison table :lol:
    Will try diving in more later :tongue:

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Audiomodern purchased Playbeat 3 as it offers a significant update to a creative drum machine. HOWEVER, PLEASE fix the timing issues in your sequencers as it REALLY, really hampers performing and composing with some very impressive apps. (Riffer first). Thank you.

Yes! @Audiomodern - Please fix that timing issue. Someone posted the code here somewhere. Just copy and paste that into the Riffer & Playbeat & Chordjamm code and I’ll consider getting your new app

• Has anybody figuered out how to get audio from it on multi-bus channels in AUM? Do you have to enable it somewhere in Playbeat 3 aside from just loading multi-bus instances?

• @echoopera that snippet is so vibey.. reminds me of old Dntel

• @Foleslaw said:
    Has anybody figuered out how to get audio from it on multi-bus channels in AUM? Do you have to enable it somewhere in Playbeat 3 aside from just loading multi-bus instances?

Are you sure Playbeat 3 supports multi output for each of the eight tracks? In the app’s description I only see being able to use multiple instances as an AU which is all eight tracks to one audio output per AU instance.