Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sonic Vignettes Compilations

edited December 2021 in Creations

My Sonic Vignettes are short, simple and fun clips featuring a single synth preset and only a few, often even only one, samples.

-- Sonic Vignette 01 - The Mad Sicentist Laboratory
@ElliottGarage WaveSHAPER synth with a slightly edited preset from @RedSkyLullaby and 1 sample from Memory Collection 06 - More SciFi. I like how the animated waveforms and envelopes of the synth visually contribute to the atmosphere making this laboratory more real!

-- Sonic Vignette 02 - Computer is Drunk
apeSoft iVCS3 synth with a preset from James Edward Cosby new @thesoundtestroom bank and 1 speech sample from a public domain SciFi movie part of Memory Collection 01. “The Sound Test Room 10” bank was specially designed for TSTR 10th anniversary, it has a hundred great presets and its a in-app purchase.

-- Sonic Vignette 03 - Something's Wrong
Yonac Software Kauldron synth with one of my own presets and 2 samples, one from the Julie Vocal Collections and one sample from Memory Collection 08 - Horror Comedies.

-- Sonic Vignette 05 - Space / Time
apeSoft iVCS3 synth with a preset from another preset from James Edward Cosby new TSTR bank and 2 speech samples from public domain SciFi movies. Can’t be much more minimalist as I am holding a single key, the preset is so rich sounding that it create this deep ambience.

-- Sonic Vignette 06 - Hold off on the Bubbly
Elliott Garage WaveSHAPER synth with a James Edward Cosby preset, "Bubbly Jubbly FX".
Shortest vignette to date, was inspired by the name of the preset that reminded me of this sample from Memory Collection 08 - Horror Comedies. Both the preset and the sample have a dramatic element.

The vignette plays twice. First the broadcast vignette and then the making off, showing the @LumaTouch LumaFusion video editor.
Text track is on top, video track, a screen recording in the middle. And the audio only track at the bottom in green. Note that it’s a single sample that I have sliced in 3 parts to create some space in the dialog and make it sit better with the audio from the synth.

The Memory Collection packs are audio samples from Public Domain movies, TV shows and ads. The complete Collection has over 20,000 samples in 11 volumes.

Comments

• And here's the 2nd compilation, more fun to behold!

-- Sonic Vignette 07 - Visitors
    Multi preset of the cosmic TC-11 synth from @BitShapeSoft , assisted by 2 speech samples from Memory Collection 05 - SciFi, sounds from Public Domain science fiction movies.

A multi preset combines 4 single presets, each one having its own quadrant of the screen. With its multi-touch capabilities, TC-11 makes full use of the iPad touchscreen and the movement of the fingers can be followed visually!

-- Sonic Vignette 08 - Journey into the Unknown
    Once more a multi preset of the cosmic TC-11 synth augmented by a few speech samples from Memory Collection 07 - Crime Movies, sounds from Public Domain crime and mystery movies.

-- Sonic Vignette 09 - Body and Soul
    Preset I created for Yonac Software Kauldron synth with 2 speech samples from the Memory Collection packs. The preset is a simple arp held while I am using Kauldron XY pad to modify the filter cutoff frequency and resonance.

-- Sonic Vignette 10 - Smells Like Fish
    Featuring 3 samples from the new Memory Collection 12 - Fiffties SciFi TV Shows sample pack.
    1,001 samples from 6 Public Domain TV shows from the early 1950’s and 2 movies from the early 1960’s. Synthesizer is Agonizer by Numerical Audio and @jakoB_haQ .

-- Sonic Vignette 11 - The Bat
    Creepy soundscape with a multi preset of the TC-11 synth spooked with a few speech samples from Memory Collection 11 - Adventure, sounds from a Public Domain murder/horror mystery.

• Third compilation is out!
    It has 3 Christmas vignettes (13, 17, 18) and 4 featuring Moog Synthesizers Animoog Z (12, 14, 17, 19). Other synths / music apps featured are Rob Jackson Touchscaper, Yonac Software Magellan 2 and VirSyn AddStation. More info in video description.

Here's the setlist:

0:00 Vignette 12 - What Simple Fact?
    0:39 Vignette 13 - The Christmas Spirit
    1:27 Vignette 14 - Negative Velocity
    2:23 Vignette 15 - Creaky Clean
    2:53 Vignette 16 - Galactic Spies
    3:37 Vignette 17 - We Have Toys
    3:54 Vignette 18 - Santa’s Grotto
    4:27 Vignette 19 - Celestial Door

• Sonic Vignettes Compilation 04

This compilation has 7 vignettes (20 to 26). Synths / music apps featured are Bleass Samplewiz 2, Phonolyth Shoom, apeSoft iVCS3, Moog Synthesizers Animoog Z, VirSyn Cube Synth Pro and Photophore synthesizer from Taika Systems.

Here are the setlist and details

0:00 Vignette 20 - Fairies and Pixies
    0:20 Vignette 21 - Automatic Pilot
    0:42 Vignette 23 - Rough Trip
    1:24 Vignette 22 - Magnetic Distortion
    1:48 Vignette 25 - Have A Sandwich
    2:14 Vignette 26 - Moaning
    2:37 Vignette 24 - Night of the Witch

• Absolutely love the project format / concept <3

• @Proppa said:
    Absolutely love the project format / concept <3

Cool, really glad you love them and many thanks for your encouraging words!

• Sonic Vignettes Compilation 05

6 vignettes (27 to 32). Synths / music apps featured are, in play order, AlgoMusic M42 Nebula (win), Moog Synthesizers Minimoog Model D (iOS), Audiodamage Phosphor3, SpectrumGen, Animoog Z and Wooji Juice Grain Science granular synth.

0:00 Vignette 30 - I Don't Want to Rule the World
    0:28 Vignette 27 - Saboteur
    0:48 Vignette 28 - Stop Wars
    1:30 Vignette 32 - Creepy House
    1:54 Vignette 29 - The Space Crawler
    2:19 Vignette 31 - Electronic Surprise

• And compilation 06 is available!

7 vignettes (04 and 33 to 38). Synths / music apps featured are, in play order: Yonac Kauldron (37), Bit Shape TC-11 (04), AlgoMusic M42 Nebula (win) with visuals from Staella Music Visualizer (33 and 36), Bleass Samplewiz 2 (38), Magic Zither (35), Reason Studios Thor Polysonic synth (34).

0:00 Vignette 37 - Spaceship or Flying Saucer
    0:10 Vignette 04 - Chaotic Worlds
    0:59 Vignette 33 - Psychokinesis (Staella Music Visualizer)
    1:38 Vignette 36 - Frozen Stiff (Staella Music Visualizer)
    2:11 Vignette 38 - Bad Trip
    3:08 Vignette 35 - Astral Vibration
    3:39 Vignette 34 - Hard to Believe

• Compilation 07 is out!!!!

It has 9 vignettes (39 to 47). Synths / music apps featured are, in play order: Bleass Samplewiz 2 (40), Virsyn Addictive Pro (42), Moog Model D (39), AlgoMusic M42 Nebula (win) (41), AudioKit Pro VHS Synth (44), Korg Wavedrum (hardware) (43), Virsyn Addictive Pro (45, 46), Bleass Samplewiz 2 (47).

0:00 Vignette 40 - Stay Here
    0:33 Vignette 42 - I'll work it out
    1:24 Vignette 39 - Close Shave
    1:42 Vignette 41 - Psychedelic
    2:11 Vignette 44 - Emergency
    2:35 Vignette 43 - Who is He
    3:17 Vignette 45 - Space Ghost of The Haunted Ship
    4:16 Vignette 46 - High Fidelity
    4:33 Vignette 47 - Sherwood Forest

• Fun, wonder and exploration, Sonic Vignettes Compilation 08 is here!

This compilation has 7 vignettes (48 to 54). Synths / music apps featured are, in play order: Audiokit Pro VHS Synth (48 and 49), Korg Wavedrum (hardware) (end of 48), Moog Model 15 (50), Phonolyth Shoom (51), Humbletune Tardigrain (52), Moog Model 15 (53), Phonolyth Shoom (54).

0:00 Vignette 48 - But I Don't Want to Rule the World
    0:53 Vignette 49 - Electronic Genius
    1:52 Vignette 50 - Got Something
    2:26 Vignette 51 - Triple Racket
    2:50 Vignette 52 - Lemuria
    3:19 Vignette 53 - Got to Leave
    3:28 Vignette 54 - Metamorphosis

• Horrific Compilation 09 is here!

This compilation has 6 vignettes (55 to 57, 59, 60 and the Dark Vignette). They all have a Halloweern/Horror theme. Synths / music apps featured are, in order of appearancer: Bit Shape TC-11 (55, 56, 59, 60), Audiokit Pro VHS Synth (Dark Vignette), Poly 2 (57).

0:00 Vignette 55 - Powerless?
    0:14 Vignette 56 - Telepathists
    0:52 Vignette 59 - Halloween Critters
    1:25 Dark Sonic Vignette
    2:01 Vignette 60 - Poltergeists
    2:24 Vignette 57 - It's About Time

• Adventurous Compilation 10 has arrived!

This compilation has 6 vignettes, 61 to 65, and 68. They all have an adventure/suspense/mystery theme. Synths / music apps featured are, in order of appearancer: Audiokit Pro Saga Synth (61, 62), Bleass Samplewiz 2 (63), KV331 Audio Synthmaster 1 (64), Audiokit Pro King of FM (65), Phonolyth Shoom (68).

0:00 Vignette 61 - Top Priority
    0:41 Vignette 63 - Grand Cosmic Hotel
    1:03 Vignette 62 - Indefinite
    2:06 Vignette 64 - Narrow Escape
    2:37 Vignette 65 - Ring of the King
    3:08 Vignette 68 - Who's Out There

• That was a cool experience to hear and see. It brought back memories of watching weird shorts of Liquid Television late at night on MTV.

Comp 10 is the only one I watched. I look forward to getting caught up.

Also thanks for pointing out the memory collection packs. I downloaded my first samples the other day, as I’m becoming more drawn to noise and old recordings as of late. I can’t remember how I found out about the MCPs, but definitely from somebody here.

• @Blipsford_Baubie
    Thanks a lot for you comment! Glad you enjoyed it and I really like the comparison to weird shorts on late night MTV.

• edited January 16

Sonic Vignettes Compilation 11 is on the prowl!

It has 6 vignettes, 69 to 74. The last three, 72 to 74, were composed for Halloween! Synths featured are, in order of appearance: Sonosaurus Drumjam (69), Audiokit Pro King of FM (70), Moog Animoog Z (71), Drone FX ambient generator (72), Dawesome Novum granular synth (73), Toyboxaudio Thump One (74).

0:00 Vignette 69 - Goodbye
    0:23 Vignette 70 - Imminent Attack
    0:47 Vignette 71 - Trip to the Blue Moon
    1:40 Vignette 72 - Something I Saw
    2:36 Vignette 73 - Not Yet Halloween
    3:34 Vignette 74 - Dark Night