Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Setting the number of bars in an Atom Piano Roll 2 sequence

Hi there. I'm new to Atom Piano Roll 2 (never used version 1) and can't figure how to get beyond the 2 bar default. I saw a post from 2019 (presumably about APR1) that refers to two finger pinching and scrolling but that just seems to zoom the screen. Also if, for example, step recording from a midi keyboard how does one get beyond just recording between the loop markers? I'd have thought having looping turned off would work but apparently not. FWIW I'm using APR2 within AUM. Thanks!

Comments

• Hi paddy, I am quite new to Atom 2 and I'm grasping my head too around several basic functions but for adding (or deleting) bars you have only to hit the plus or minus icon on the right of the bars. Regarding recording notes free-form bar limitations I think you have to disable loop and quantize. I hope it helps, cheers.

• Try closing all of the drop down menus as the add/remove bar buttons are removed if you have menus open.

• As @MisplacedDevelopment mentions, all menus must be closed to see the bar count adjustment tool.

• Thanks so much. I knew it had to be totally obvious but I guess I hadn't managed to get rid of all the menus that opened by default.

• How can I record continuously (no predefined bars)
    Also is there a way to see the control data ex. Aftertouch ?
    Thank you !!!!!

• @dalton34gr said:
    How can I record continuously (no predefined bars)
    Also is there a way to see the control data ex. Aftertouch ?
    Thank you !!!!!

You have to set a maximum bars. Create an empty sequence with a length you won’t exceed and save it as preset.

There is no visualization of non-note data.

• Thank You !!!!!!!

• Yup just make sure the move, and all menus are closed as mentioned.

Yea that’s really the only hang up I have with atom 2. Adding bars. I use it all the time but you have to tap each bar you want, you can’t hold down to make it go fast or type in a number, at least to my knowledge. But if that’s the worst part it’s a dam good piece of software. I have one in almost every AUM session. It’s so great recording multiple channels into one instance of atom 2. ie piano motifs all 4 individual channels, into one instance of atom 2. They are color coded, you can choose which channels to view if you only want to view or alter the midi of one channel with out others getting in the way. For awhile I didn’t realize this and would use multiple instances but now I just use 1 instance, and different midi channels. Cheers.