Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Browsing 4-CH (Line/Mic input) audio interfaces, but want to hear the community’s experiences 1st

Current Audio Interface:

Steinberg UR22-MKII

Primary Device:

iPad Pro (4th Gen)

Secondary Device:

iPad (7th Gen)

Tertiary Device:

iPhone X

Primary DAW:

Cubasis 3

Secondary Daw(s):

GarageBand; Beatmaker 3

Ancillary Music Apps:

Amplitude
ToneStack
MOOG Model-D
AudioKit Synth One
X-Drummer

Main Reason I Want To Upgrade From 2 To 4 Channels:

I want to be able to incorporate an overhead mic and a room mic when tracking acoustic guitar

~6 months ago, I almost pulled the trigger on the Steinberg UR44-C. I held off thinking I’d be able to get it cheaper during the Nov-Jan holiday season. What I didn’t anticipate was the elevated shipping and logistic challenges here in the U.S.

I can’t find any reputable dealers selling the UR44-C or it’s precedent, the UR-44. Comparable FocusRite models are available, but not by much and the expected delivery time might stretch into January anyway.

Which brings me to the Behringer UMC404HD. It has every feature and capability I want. It’s also listed as “class compliant” but since it was released when USB 2.0 was the standard, I’m concerned that I can’t seem to pin down a detailed, updated list of its class compliance. Then of course there’s the price—a staggeringly low $169.99, which just seems too good to be true, lol.

If your iPad music-making setup is similar to mine but you use the Behringer UMC404HD, Steinberg’s UR44-C or UR44, FocusRite’s 4-Channel model, or the comparable PreSonus 4-Channel model as your interface, would you mind dropping a reply including:

Your basic setup (iPad and audio interface)

And what, if any problems, glitches, bugs, etc., you’ve experienced and wished you had known prior to your purchase(s).

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
QG