Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sample Crate - Simple fast sample manager

UPDATE: Here's the App Store link and website
https://www.alexbuga.com/samplecrate/
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sample-crate/id1593900129

UPDATE 2: Here are 10 promo codes

~~PN4NH7ET9PTH
M9FKNYETM4AW
KMPAN3999AEN
HA39LAT7Y9HW
YEWNXEAL7WEK
YPMJ6MAR9AM3
T6EALT9N7E6E
WM49NTWRFYT7
NNFPXL744WMP
9MJPJK447H3W~~

Hey guys, I've been recently in need of a good native iOS sample manager.
So I've built one :)

So the idea is like this: you have a file browser very similar to the Files app, which I love.
You can do all the good shit Files app allows you to do: Tagging, sharing, moving, copying, etc. Tags are synced via iCloud across devices (including with Files app) if you keep your samples in iCloud (very vast and reliable) or on your device.

You can tap a file and play it instantly, or add it to The Crate.

The Crate Player allows you to have a bank of pads to try out your samples together. If you like them you can tag them, export them, etc.

One cool thing you can do is SAMPLE CHAINS :D. You can grab all your favorite kicks and create a sample chain for your OP-1 or OP-Z or M8 Tracker, or whatever :)

I'm gonna add Sample Slice & Export after launch also.

I'll post here a link to TestFlight for those interested.

Here's a quick video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/g4QYNKK5pfVyb71G7

Comments

• @alecsbuga said:
    Hey guys, I've been recently in need of a good native iOS sample manager.
    So I've built one :)

So the idea is like this: you have a file browser very similar to the Files app, which I love.
    You can do all the good shit Files app allows you to do: Tagging, sharing, moving, copying, etc. Tags are synced via iCloud across devices (including with Files app) if you keep your samples in iCloud (very vast and reliable) or on your device.

You can tap a file and play it instantly, or add it to The Crate.

The Crate Player allows you to have a bank of 16 pads to try out your samples together. If you like them you can tag them, export them, etc.

One cool thing you can do is SAMPLE CHAINS :D. You can grab all your favorite kicks and create a sample chain for your OP-1 or OP-Z or M8 Tracker, or whatever :)

I'm gonna add Sample Slice & Export after launch also.

I'll post here a link to TestFlight for those interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g4QYNKK5pfVyb71G7

Sounds awesome.

I'm going to hit the link.

• This looks great. The ability to instantly play any file, while keeping the file list separate from the player, is something I've be looking for.

And The Crate looks useful for quickly making 16-pad kits for later export to software and hardware samplers.

Plus exporting sample chains!

Really looking forward to this!

• Yes interested. Especially considering the massive amount of samples I have. I Like the tap and play, crate & chain ideas. So will it easily integrate into other apps like apple files does?

Also an upcoming slice and export sounds like a good addition. Congratulations on your creation.

• Sounds good!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Yes interested. Especially considering the massive amount of samples I have. I Like the tap and play, crate & chain ideas. So will it easily integrate into other apps like apple files does?

Also an upcoming slice and export sounds like a good addition. Congratulations on your creation.

Yup. It integrates like Files app. Thanks!

• Sounds good! 😎👍🏼

• Finally a sample browser that you can f*cking organize 🙏

• Looks great!

• This looks fantastic!

• Yes please!!!

• Sounds rad and needed!

• Of course!

• Also I just added Import Video, so you can... you know, make a Screen Recording from YouTube and export the audio as a sample. Thank me later :)

• This looks great...I love making sample chains of percussion for Drambo's Flexisampler

• @drewinnit said:
    This looks great...I love making sample chains of percussion for Drambo's Flexisampler

Do you make them equally spaced? I'm having a bit of a struggle to make them equally spaced so you can slice by regions instead of transients.

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

That's a really interesting topic. I'm rarely completely happy with transient slicer choices and always end up taking a lot of time to fine tune them.

I guess you have to get the length of all the samples first, then pad the shorter ones with silence to match the longest sample?

• @wim said:
    That's a really interesting topic. I'm rarely completely happy with transient slicer choices and always end up taking a lot of time to fine tune them.

I guess you have to get the length of all the samples first, then pad the shorter ones with silence to match the longest sample?

Yep. That is what I did. It works if you crop to the smallest sample (which is dumb I know) but not id you add silence. I’ll figure it out.

• Happy to TestFlight, even happier to support anyone answering the call. Really curious to see how this handles tagging and filtering by tags.

• @alecsbuga : sounds very cool, especially like that you are building the video to audio right in. Naive question for anyone: what do you mean by ‘sample chain’? Is it queuing up a whole load of different samples for export in a single file so you can slice them into individual hits afterwards? I don’t do drums much, hence my ignorance, but I can certainly see that being a timesaver with any collection of sounds.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @alecsbuga : sounds very cool, especially like that you are building the video to audio right in. Naive question for anyone: what do you mean by ‘sample chain’? Is it queuing up a whole load of different samples for export in a single file so you can slice them into individual hits afterwards? I don’t do drums much, hence my ignorance, but I can certainly see that being a timesaver with any collection of sounds.

Yep. That's exactly what it means.

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Happy to TestFlight, even happier to support anyone answering the call. Really curious to see how this handles tagging and filtering by tags.

Exactly like the files app. Check my video where I add the samples to a kit.

• Looks very interesting.

• edited November 2021

Those custom icons my app is providing are visible across the system so I'm thinking of rendering real waveforms on them :)

• Two questions @alecsbuga

Will it make Octatrack sample chains?
    Will it work on the Mac, too?

A cross-platform (iOS and macOS) sample organizer like this would be totally rad.

• @mistercharlie said:
    Two questions @alecsbuga

Will it make Octatrack sample chains?
    Will it work on the Mac, too?

A cross-platform (iOS and macOS) sample organizer like this would be totally rad.

So for the sample chains I'm planning to concatenate samples at equal distance so you can do 16 slice.

For Mac I haven't tested. Normally I can enable the app to run on Mac as an iPad app like I did with Samplist but haven't tested it yet.

• edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.