Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - this was just posted on Facebook

Comments

• edited November 2021

@Samu said:

@RajahP said:

That 'thing' is already fixed in the current betas.

Thanks. Yep, it's a PITA... to work with right now.

(yeah, there's a tape icon there for recording tracks to audio...).

Cool... Is there an Export to MIDI?

Well, while I am at it... Import Midi?

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

@tahiche said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

@tahiche said:
    “Faster” is a key factor here. Simple velocity editing for drum hits is very slow using the step editor. Same goes for probability. Seems like a superb update.

Yes, since AUv3 hosting and multichannel interface support it makes sense to break away from (Elektron inspired) groovebox approach, towards a DAWlike approach...
    not an easy transition :)
    too many ideas, only one giku, only 24hs in a day...

I have a Digitakt, and I’d say in the case of “speed” it’s not so much about Elektron workflow but having the dedicated hardware controller. It’s fast to do velocity changes per step (parameter locks) on the Digitakt because you can just press a pad and move a knob. It’s instantaneous, whereas on Drambo you need to go onto step edit screen, hangs param, back out, back in…. I actually requested a while back that velocity could be set in Drambo by swiping on a step. But the new editors are way better for an iPad.

I would still like to see this in the step sequencer regardless of any new editors. It's just such a natural usage. The only downside is it would affect all notes on the step, but I can totally live with that.

• It wouldn’t really work... tap+hold a step is core part of p-lock setup workflow... you wouldn’t want to accidentally adjust velocity while setting up/adjusting p-lock.
    In the piano roll you will be able to adjust note velocity this way :)

• wimwim
    edited November 2021

It wouldn’t really work... tap+hold a step is core part of p-lock setup workflow... you wouldn’t want to accidentally adjust velocity while setting up/adjusting p-lock.
    In the piano roll you will be able to adjust note velocity this way :)

Who's talking about tap+hold? Swipe is easy enough to distinguish from tap and tap and hold. Lots of drum sequencers work this way in combination with tap and tap+hold.

Admittedly I don't work with p-locks too much, so I could be talkin' out me ass here. ;)

• @wim its an extra step but you could just pop down either an amp module or even a midi to cv - note generator back to midi to cv, with a slider for the velocity input of note generator. Then you can very much p-lock velocity :)

• @bcrichards said:
    @wim its an extra step but you could just pop down either an amp module or even a midi to cv - note generator back to midi to cv, with a slider for the velocity input of note generator. Then you can very much p-lock velocity :)

Not what I’m after, but thanks for the great tip. I just think up/down swipe would be a very intuitive and hassle free addition to the left/right swipe that’s already there for note length. But no big deal. I’ll just keep doing the tap+swipe thing in step edit.

• edited November 2021

@wim said:

@tahiche said:

@tahiche said:
    “Faster” is a key factor here. Simple velocity editing for drum hits is very slow using the step editor. Same goes for probability. Seems like a superb update.

Yes, since AUv3 hosting and multichannel interface support it makes sense to break away from (Elektron inspired) groovebox approach, towards a DAWlike approach...
    not an easy transition :)
    too many ideas, only one giku, only 24hs in a day...

I have a Digitakt, and I’d say in the case of “speed” it’s not so much about Elektron workflow but having the dedicated hardware controller. It’s fast to do velocity changes per step (parameter locks) on the Digitakt because you can just press a pad and move a knob. It’s instantaneous, whereas on Drambo you need to go onto step edit screen, hangs param, back out, back in…. I actually requested a while back that velocity could be set in Drambo by swiping on a step. But the new editors are way better for an iPad.

I would still like to see this in the step sequencer regardless of any new editors. It's just such a natural usage. The only downside is it would affect all notes on the step, but I can totally live with that.

You might have missed it because it wasn't available in the first Drambo versions but what you can do to edit velocities on existing steps, including different velocities on different notes, without changing the note length on that step:

Option 1: Hold a step and play the note or chord again with the new velocities.

Option 2: Play the notes or chords on that step again with the desired velocities (= vertical position on keyboard) and while playing, tap on that step. It will set the new velocities without changing note lengths. You can also use this to play new notes/chords without changing the existing note length.

Option 3: Like (2) but use the hold function (+ icon) to play the note or chord with desired velocities and hit the step.

• @wim got it, workflow wise I can see what you mean. For what it’s worth new editor is quick to access.

• Thanks @rs2000 all good features that I wasn't aware of. More steps than a simple swipe, but helpful anyway.

• @wim said:
    Thanks @rs2000 all good features that I wasn't aware of. More steps than a simple swipe, but helpful anyway.

You're welcome!
    The new piano roll will have exactly that btw: Editing note velocities by swiping up or down on notes. Will also work for a group of selected notes.

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:
    How would the piano roll work? Would it be a timeline independent from patterns? Or would you save a project with loads of patterns and the piano roll number system still ascends?

No, it's going to be an alternative way of editing patterns. Some prefer step sequencers, some prefer piano rolls. And you're going to be free to program drums on the step sequencer and synth chords on the piano roll if you like.

Kinda like the way I’ve been using Atom 2 in Drambo already I can imagine.

• I’ve known how to use the step sequencer’s velocity settings, but always find myself using Atom’s velocity features. “Velocity chaos” is great for adding that humanized feel. I’m assuming Drambo’s new piano roll will have similar features for setting random velocities for groups of notes?

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I’ve known how to use the step sequencer’s velocity settings, but always find myself using Atom’s velocity features. “Velocity chaos” is great for adding that humanized feel. I’m assuming Drambo’s new piano roll will have similar features for setting random velocities for groups of notes?

There’s a Humanize module for that in Drambo and you can p-lock it’s parameters for any note 😊

• edited November 2021

@Edward_Alexander said:

@rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:
    How would the piano roll work? Would it be a timeline independent from patterns? Or would you save a project with loads of patterns and the piano roll number system still ascends?

No, it's going to be an alternative way of editing patterns. Some prefer step sequencers, some prefer piano rolls. And you're going to be free to program drums on the step sequencer and synth chords on the piano roll if you like.

Kinda like the way I’ve been using Atom 2 in Drambo already I can imagine.

IMHO there's a significant difference between ATOM 2 and the current internal state of Drambo's piano roll: While ATOM 2 aims at being one of the most powerful iOS sequencers one day (hopefully with proper automation 😉), the PR in Drambo is built to be as straightforward, simple and fast to work with as possible. The intent was never to bring a high end solution but rather to give us as much of the fun and immediacy of simplistic pattern based sequencers like the first Auxy version (now back in the Appstore under the name "Auxy Jam") but with a few added features that add significant benefit in a modular environment - like automation of virtually any parameter, not only 128 MIDI CCs.

• (yeah, there's a tape icon there for recording tracks to audio...).

Oh I'm looking at that decks icon with big hopes. Jamming in standalone dRambo is so much fun and different feel then jamming in AUM. Option to record audio from master track will bring this workflow to another level, if that's what it is.

• @Agatha_aga said:

Oh I'm looking at that decks icon with big hopes. Jamming in standalone dRambo is so much fun and different feel then jamming in AUM. Option to record audio from master track will bring this workflow to another level, if that's what it is.

That can be done, you can also record the individual tracks if needed, just arm the tracks you want to record :sunglasses:
    Once the tracks are armed tapping the icon starts the recording and when tapped again it stops at the end of the longest bar.

very nice indeed...

• Man, I am so hyped for this update. This is gonna be a huge boost in productivity.

• edited November 2021

@Samu said:, you can also record the individual tracks if needed, just arm the tracks you want to record :sunglasses:

Is there bulk share sheet export once individual tracks are recorded? Or maybe they record to the files app? This update is looking real nice.

• @Model10000 said:

Is there bulk share sheet export once individual tracks are recorded? This update is looking hot.

Yes, you can Airdrop / Share individual files and folders that have been recorded...
    ...it's a pretty fluid experience.

• edited November 2021

@Model10000 said:

@Samu said:, you can also record the individual tracks if needed, just arm the tracks you want to record :sunglasses:

Is there bulk share sheet export once individual tracks are recorded? Or maybe they record to the files app? This update is looking real nice.

Don't forget Drambo's native WebDAV server that can be mounted from the free Readdle Documents app which allows for bulk transfers. This is implemented already in the current official version.

• edited November 2021

@clowm said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I’ve known how to use the step sequencer’s velocity settings, but always find myself using Atom’s velocity features. “Velocity chaos” is great for adding that humanized feel. I’m assuming Drambo’s new piano roll will have similar features for setting random velocities for groups of notes?

There’s a Humanize module for that in Drambo and you can p-lock it’s parameters for any note 😊

You can also place a midi retrig module modulated by graphic modulator to get an occasional double or triple note giving it more variation.

• @supadom said:

@clowm said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

You can also place a midi retrig module modulated by graphic modulator to get an occasional double or triple note giving it more variation.

Waveshaping the time signal routed into velocity is also a fun one ;)

• Is the piano roll a module we route to instrument channels or is it built in to each channel like the current step sequencer?
    I guess I'm wondering if I can apply AUV3 midi effects to notes coming out of the piano roll?

• @aleyas said:

@supadom said:

@clowm said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Indeed, the time signal is highly underestimated 👍🏼

• edited November 2021

@rs2000 said:

@aleyas said:

@supadom said:

@clowm said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Indeed, the time signal is highly underestimated 👍🏼

It's one of my favorite mod sources =)
    With some sample and holds and a wave shaped time signal you can build some beautiful deterministic sequences

• Every time I use it I wonder why I’m not more. I think mostly was the stem export. Hope the piano roll etc brings in a lot more converts. So capable of beautiful timbres and fat analogue sounds this thing.
    Thanks, @rs2000 always forget about the SMB option.

• So, do we know if the update will be free or not? Do you know when?

• @Montreal_Music said:
    So, do we know if the update will be free or not? Do you know when?

I found that comment on "Beat Community" group on Facebook:

• @dakti said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    So, do we know if the update will be free or not? Do you know when?

I found that comment on "Beat Community" group on Facebook:

:)

• edited November 2021

I found one more comment from developer about release time on "Drambo - Modular Groovebox" group on Facebook: