Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo - this was just posted on Facebook

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

@michael_m said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    It’s legit, the dev posted these pictures on the Drambo Facebook group

Do you have a link?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/823592228121702

FYI: I looked there earlier and didn't see anything related to these images.
    I am a member of the FaceBook Drambo Group so I'll go look again and dig a little deeper for clues.

Still not finding anything with this image. Weird and I give up. It's coming...
    how about we start another Mega-Thread and have a collective "blue ball"
    exercise again.

• @McD said:

@michael_m said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    It’s legit, the dev posted these pictures on the Drambo Facebook group

Do you have a link?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/823592228121702

FYI: I looked there earlier and didn't see anything related to these images.
    I am a member of the FaceBook Drambo Group so I'll go look again and dig a little deeper
    for clues.

I follow the Beepstreet page and didn’t see anything there, so wondered what group this is.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

Aha! I found the image in a comment section:

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/x2/ql9k883kl345.png

Jarosław Jacek must be "BeepStreet"... He has a Facebook page as many
    developers do. Except the ones that tend to avoid exposure to users.

Fred Anton Corvest @FredAntonCorvest, Jacob Haq and @azul3D_Apps come to mind.

• @McD said:
    developers do.

Yes.
    What you can see in the pictures is under heavy development and like so often in software development, the devil is in the many, many details. Like discussing about how a feature should be presented to the user without causing irritation, more than discussing the if.

@giku_beepstreet's head is full of ideas, if he had a second developer working for him, I'm sure he'd still be able to keep them both busy for years 😄

There are only few developers who go this far in a single app these days.
    Another one has delighted us with this forum.

• edited November 2021

Man, just when I was beginning to get my act together and really learn Bitwig. This Drambo update is going to be monumental, and will likely command all my be free time haha.

The single feature that would make the biggest difference for how I use Drambo would be multi I/O racks. But from the looks of this update, it will still be nothing less than game changing!

• @palms, @Montreal_Music, @0tolerance4silence
    Drambo has everything on board to make a static waveform sound "analog", without the need to import any sample. Small drifts in pitch and volume, noise and noise modulating pitch and filters, hum and crosstalk modulating these as well, emulating nonlinear amps using the Graphic Shaper and so on.
    The secret is in minimalism: Just a tiny bit of each, barely audible when applied separately, will really add something when everything sums up.
    Another useful trick is to add parametric EQs to your racks.

• @McD said:
    Aha! I found the image in a comment section:

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/x2/ql9k883kl345.png

developers do. Except the ones that tend to avoid exposure to users.

Fred Anton Corvest @FredAntonCorvest, Jacob Haq and @azul3D_Apps come to mind.

Yes, I joined and found it too. I was surprised to see nothing on the Beepstreet page, but think you’re correct as to the poster’s identity.

• I guess I’m going to have to take another crack at this Swiss Army knife monster known as dRambo!

• @sigma79 said:
    Im am a Prophet. I knew Drambo would release a piano roll. If I bought Helium.

:joy:

• @sigma79 said:
    Im am a Prophet. I knew Drambo would release a piano roll. If I bought Helium.

Jarosław Jacek starts working on this update as soon as he heard that you bought Helium :wink:

• @Montreal_Music said:
    IAP or free update?

IAP hopefully. No way should we expect a dev work for us for free when we are using devices that cost us in the £1000 ballpark.

• @rs2000 said:
    @palms, @Montreal_Music, @0tolerance4silence
    Drambo has everything on board to make a static waveform sound "analog", without the need to import any sample. Small drifts in pitch and volume, noise and noise modulating pitch and filters, hum and crosstalk modulating these as well, emulating nonlinear amps using the Graphic Shaper and so on.
    The secret is in minimalism: Just a tiny bit of each, barely audible when applied separately, will really add something when everything sums up.
    Another useful trick is to add parametric EQs to your racks.

Agree, my only tiny correction would be - when it’s audible, dial it back a little... these thing do add up quickly :)

• @attakk said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    IAP or free update?

IAP hopefully. No way should we expect a dev work for us for free when we are using devices that cost us in the £1000 ballpark.

I think that because these features are so tightly integrated into the whole app, there might not be a way to nearly split it off (correct me if I’m wrong anyone) so this one might just be an update… the wavetable oscillators and that was probably a simple job to isolate and iap. I was surprised that the new analog filters were free though, I thought they were an ideal candidate for a small charge…

• Oh maybe I should get it now? Should I lol

• edited November 2021

@attakk said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    IAP or free update?

cries in cheapest 32gb ipad. But I agree on the IAP, I just don't like the future proof of it.

• @cokomairena said:

@attakk said:

@Montreal_Music said:
    IAP or free update?

cries in cheapest 32gb ipad. But I agree on the IAP, I just don't like the future proof of it.

I don't understand, the future proof of IAP? That's the only way Drambo is going to be future-proof. Especially in a niche market, the only way IOS development is going to be sustainable is through an IAP treadmill or a subscription model.

• Looks interesting. I started experimenting with Drambo a couple of days ago to see if I could recreate some of my old AU's that I haven't ported yet. If the modulation curves support Bezier curves the way it looks like it does, it might let me do the old plugins I thought would be the hardest to recreate.

• edited November 2021

@NeonSilicon said:
    Looks interesting. I started experimenting with Drambo a couple of days ago to see if I could recreate some of my old AU's that I haven't ported yet. If the modulation curves support Bezier curves the way it looks like it does, it might let me do the old plugins I thought would be the hardest to recreate.

Cool - I’d be interested to hear how it compares cpu-wise to how you would have expected ports of those AU’s to realistically have performed.

• @NeonSilicon said:
    Looks interesting. I started experimenting with Drambo a couple of days ago to see if I could recreate some of my old AU's that I haven't ported yet. If the modulation curves support Bezier curves the way it looks like it does, it might let me do the old plugins I thought would be the hardest to recreate.

They will.
    Apart from that, since you're a developer, you can already write any data pairs into XML preset files of Graphic Shaper or Graphic Env. Done this last year and >700 x/y value pairs weren't a problem.

• @attakk said:
    [...]
    Cool - I’d be interested to hear how it compares cpu-wise to how you would have expected ports of those AU’s to realistically have performed.

I will do that, but I'm going to wait until I've had time to better learn Drambo and be fairly certain that I'm not doing things that are horribly inefficient.

@rs2000 said:
    [...]
    They will.
    Apart from that, since you're a developer, you can already write any data pairs into XML preset files of Graphic Shaper or Graphic Env. Done this last year and >700 x/y value pairs weren't a problem.

That's good to know. I'll check it out for sure. These particular AU's depend on the end user being able to edit the modulation curves. If you are interested in what they did, here is a link to the old manual: http://neonsilicon.com/Downloads/Docs/F8_Guide.pdf

• edited November 2021

@NeonSilicon said:

@attakk said:
    [...]

I will do that, but I'm going to wait until I've had time to better learn Drambo and be fairly certain that I'm not doing things that are horribly inefficient.

The things I find take up a lot of CPU in Drambo are: polyphony, wavetables, analog-modeled filters and some AUv3s (especially ones that do oversampling like Saturn 2). Using a ton of modules to "program" Drambo can also add up, though not in a crazy way.

I wrote this plugin that uses 16 delays and a lot of modules to control when they sound. It ate up about 20% of my cpu on a 2017 iPad pro running Drambo standalone. https://patchstorage.com/gate-loop-stutter/ . So its not the most efficient for super-complex patches, but still usable!

• Looks amazing!

• How would the piano roll work? Would it be a timeline independent from patterns? Or would you save a project with loads of patterns and the piano roll number system still ascends?

• @sigma79 said:
    How would the piano roll work? Would it be a timeline independent from patterns? Or would you save a project with loads of patterns and the piano roll number system still ascends?

No, it's going to be an alternative way of editing patterns. Some prefer step sequencers, some prefer piano rolls. And you're going to be free to program drums on the step sequencer and synth chords on the piano roll if you like.

• edited November 2021

@NeonSilicon said:

@attakk said:
    [...]

@rs2000 said:
    [...]
    They will.

That's good to know. I'll check it out for sure. These particular AU's depend on the end user being able to edit the modulation curves. If you are interested in what they did, here is a link to the old manual: http://neonsilicon.com/Downloads/Docs/F8_Guide.pdf

OK, looking at these waveforms I'd probably not use curves at all. Plus, each waveform can modulate another waveform using a simple modulating amp.

The waveforms in your pdf should be easy to attain using various math modules like my quick hack here:

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:
    How would the piano roll work? Would it be a timeline independent from patterns? Or would you save a project with loads of patterns and the piano roll number system still ascends?

No, it's going to be an alternative way of editing patterns. Some prefer step sequencers, some prefer piano rolls. And you're going to be free to program drums on the step sequencer and synth chords on the piano roll if you like.

Thanks rs

• I havent edited any tracks and havent setup up fades. I use drambo for drums ( mainly euclidean ) so I think I need to create a pattern timeline to just record tweaks of a timeline and then tediously by worthwhile edit. The piano roll would suit system then. Maybe there could be a hold + button to choose how many patterns could be added. 20. 50. 100. Thats if drambo is used as a pattern timeline. Obviously then the piano roll would be linear and scrollable by patterns but you say an alternative way.

• @rs2000 said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@attakk said:
    [...]

@rs2000 said:
    [...]
    They will.

OK, looking at these waveforms I'd probably not use curves at all. Plus, each waveform can modulate another waveform using a simple modulating amp.

The waveforms in your pdf should be easy to attain using various math modules like my quick hack here:

I've been playing a bit with the math modules. They do allow for doing some of the curves that F8 could do. But, the neat thing about using the Bezier curves is that you can make pretty much any sort of curve shape and having the ability to add multiple segments allows for doing some pretty fun rhythmic stuff. It's also mostly intuitive for end users.