Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PolyWave by Fingerlab - Released

edited November 2021 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1579538271

Description:

From the minds of Fingerlab (multiple-time winner of Music App of the Week, 2012 Apple Design Award) and Jordan Rudess (keyboardist of Dream Theater, 2019 Denny Award winner for the iOS app ‘Geoshred’), comes PolyWave, a revolutionary synthesizer technology that employs a novel wavetable sequencer to create unique and ever-evolving sonic experiences. PolyWave is inspired by the vintage sounds of the legendary Korg Wavestation synth.

PolyWave allows you to use your own finger to draw distinct and unrepeatable waveforms. Simply move your finger along your screen, and watch and listen as your unique musical exploration unfolds. With our expansive waveform library at your disposal, the possibilities are endless!

If you’re looking for some inspiration before embarking on your own PolyWave journey, check out our 100+ factory preset categories. We offer a variety of options including leads, loops, pads & FX.

PolyWave can be connected to your favorite keyboard with MIDI, and also functions as an audio unit that can be loaded onto any other DAW. Our built-in live recording module allows you to record your creations right on the app.

*PolyWave is a universal purchase that works across all your devices, including iPhone, iPad and Mac
*The free version of PolyWave is limited to 12 factory presets, and a small selection of our feature options (see * in features list).
Get the « Full Version » IAP to get all the factory presets and features unlocked.

Features:
• 8-voice polyphony
• 6 octaves
• Waveform sequencer
• VCO & FM Oscillators
• FM Modulation & Detune
• ADSR Envelope editor
• Moog Ladder filter with ADSR envelope editor
• 2 LFOs with 3 parameters per LFO & custom modulation waveform
• LFO Sync & Loop mode
• Waveform drawing editor
• Waveforms library filled with 100 waveforms
• Waveform sequencer automations
• Create your own preset*
• 100 Factory presets*
• Preset export & import*
• 5 FXs (TubeAmp, Vibrato, Chorus, Delay, Reverb)*
• Live recording + export*
• Full Midi support
• Full Midi Mapping support
• AudioBus & IAA support
• Full AudioUnit support* (IAP required for LFOs)
• iCloud Family Sharing support

Don’t hesitate to send us your feedback and requests at [email protected]

We hope you’ll enjoy PolyWave!

Stay tuned
Fingerlab team

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• To be released Nov 4th.

Been using the beta and can vouch for this synth. It’s novel, fun to play with and was supremely stable even as beta.

• Looks really nice and also fun and useful. Instabuy.

• @lasselu said:
    Price?

Free + $8 IAP for full unlock

• Thank you

• @relpot Will I be able to load this new app as an AU into Logic on the Mac or will it only be available as a standalone app? It would be great to be able to load your synths into Mac DAWs but I understand you hit some technical hurdles?

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @relpot Will I be able to load this new app as an AU into Logic on the Mac or will it only be available as a standalone app? It would be great to be able to load your synths into Mac DAWs but I understand you hit some technical hurdles?

Unfortunately, Mac AudioUnit is not ready yet, but we work on it, it will come soon hopefully!

• @relpot said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @relpot Will I be able to load this new app as an AU into Logic on the Mac or will it only be available as a standalone app? It would be great to be able to load your synths into Mac DAWs but I understand you hit some technical hurdles?

Unfortunately, Mac AudioUnit is not ready yet, but we work on it, it will come soon hopefully!

Good to hear, I am looking forward to being able to your apps across platforms.

• Just hit the US store. $7.99 for the unlock.

• Yep, just saw it too.

• Tried it and it's not for me. I think kids might like playing with being able to draw the waveforms though.

• Congrats on the release. TBH the betas were so stable I barely even noticed the app’s gone gold.

• Bought. I love Mynth, so this was a instant buy for me. Must watch Doug’s demo to work out how to use it! 🤪

• Kinda surprised there isn't more chatter about this one. I think it's cool and fun to use!

• edited November 2021

It's an amazing synth with a minimalistic and intuitive interface.
    It provides very nice and unexpected results. A joy for sound design, experimental textures and it's also very good at creating strange rhytmical patterns.
    I really like the fact that you don't have to dig into tons of menus, pages and sub categories of menus to built your sound.
    There is something "alive" in that synth. It clearly has its own flavor with reminiscences of the Korg Wavestation.
    Only downside is that it is heavy on CPU.
    Wish they will add a random mode in the play-mode section.

• @eylvy said:

Cool vid! 😎 🙏

• @moher said:
    It's an amazing synth with a minimalistic and intuitive interface.
    It provides very nice and unexpected results. A joy for sound design, experimental textures and it's also very good at creating strange rhytmical patterns.
    I really like the fact that you don't have to dig into tons of menus, pages and sub categories of menus to built your sound.
    There is something "alive" in that synth. It clearly has its own flavor with reminiscences of the Korg Wavestation.
    Only downside is that it is heavy on CPU.
    Wish they will add a random mode in the play-mode section.

Agree! I was able to coax some really interesting stuff out of this just from the main screen. I'm a fan!

• edited November 2021

Am I seeing it swapping out waveforms via LFO? (around 2 min mark)

• edited November 2021

Is “Save As” in the standalone working correctly? It seems to save my current patch both over the original, and in a new one called Original-1. What’s the point of that?

• I also dig it, very cool app, haven't had time to make a vid but hopefully will at least make a short with a giveaway soonish. Great to use several instances and get some very interesting rhythmic patterns going

• @joegrant413 said:

Yes, that's what's happening in the Pads/Mellos preset.

• I really dislike this trend of having to purchase full version of apps via IAP unlock, preferring to pay upfront. In the event that an app is discontinued and removed from the app store, one can usually still download it from your purchase list. Restoring IAP is not possible this way, unless Apple has changed this recently.

• Great sounding synth, as is usually the case with Fingerlab’s fun creations. It’s kind of like Hydrasynths take on wavetable synthesis, with its sequence of user selectable single cycles. Simple and elegant, easy to get quick results.

It’s a pass for me though, as I just ordered a Hydra and plan to get a Wavestate before long, so it’ll end up one of those “pick up a few times and never touch again” apps.

• @Eschatone said:
    I really dislike this trend of having to purchase full version of apps via IAP unlock, preferring to pay upfront. In the event that an app is discontinued and removed from the app store, one can usually still download it from your purchase list. Restoring IAP is not possible this way, unless Apple has changed this recently.

Purchase up front and then functionality updates/upgrades by IAP is my preferred payment method - while iOS apps continue to be priced as low as they are that is.

• This thing makes some amazing sounds. I’ve been building user patches in the standalone app; is there a way to access them from the AUv3 plugin?

• @Eschatone said:
    I really dislike this trend of having to purchase full version of apps via IAP unlock, preferring to pay upfront. In the event that an app is discontinued and removed from the app store, one can usually still download it from your purchase list. Restoring IAP is not possible this way, unless Apple has changed this recently.

The fundamental problem is surely the limited options Apple provides to sell through the App Store! Developers are trying out different ways around this. It would be ideal if Apple supported a demo period and paid updates.

Aside from your point there is also a potential issue with Family Sharing. Most paid apps allow this, though I believe a developer can block this? Conversely most IAPs are purchaser only but family sharing can be enabled by the developer? It’s nice to know that my wife can potentially use apps I've bought, especially plug-ins she only needs to continue on a track I’ve started.

• @eylvy said:

@joegrant413 said:

Nice! Thanks for the reply. That's a mind bender. I don't recall other synths doing something like that... where the very model/wave itself is changing on a patch.

If you can time right, could make interesting drum synth patches that mimic transients or varying "hits" on a virtual drum being hit.

• @joegrant413 said:

@eylvy said:

@joegrant413 said:

Nice! Thanks for the reply. That's a mind bender. I don't recall other synths doing something like that... where the very model/wave itself is changing on a patch.

If you can time right, could make interesting drum synth patches that mimic transients or varying "hits" on a virtual drum being hit.

Yep it’s very cool