Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Indian Drummer & Mid East Drummer - Game Changing Update for Both Apps

Mid East Drummer & Indian Drummer just got a brilliant new update.
This really is very very Cool Beans.
If this feature proves to be popular there is a chance that Luis may add this to the other Drummer Apps, that would be brilliant I think.

Comments

• Excellent video Doug. I'd love to see Soft Drummer or Funk Drummer add this new sync feature. @LuisMartinez is so good at capturing these rhythmic genres but cross breeding them with the different kits is going to expand their usefulness if he does this.

There could be some interesting possibilities sending the MIDI out to a Mozaic script
    the also generates aligned bass lines that sync with one or more of the kit instruments.
    For most popular music the bass player and the bass drum align on rhythms.

• @McD I agree, I think this feature has tons of potential if added to all of the Drummer Apps, fingers crossed eh.

• Great video Doug @thesoundtestroom!

I LOVE all of @LuisMartinez Drummer apps! I’ve got to say though, that I was rather disappointed when he disabled the ability to sequence the drum sounds with external MIDI.

@McD said:

There could be some interesting possibilities sending the MIDI out to a Mozaic script
    the also generates aligned bass lines that sync with one or more of the kit instruments.

His iBassist app is great for that, especially when you engage all of it’s MIDI out accompaniment features. There’s a lot to love about it, though I don’t think it’s been updated recently.

• edited October 2021

Spectrasonic’s Groove Lock on steroids?
    Will love to see it on iBassist.. and Auv3…

• IBassist was last updated 9 months ago, @Edward_Alexander.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Great video Doug @thesoundtestroom!

I LOVE all of @LuisMartinez Drummer apps! I’ve got to say though, that I was rather disappointed when he disabled the ability to sequence the drum sounds with external MIDI.

@McD said:

His iBassist app is great for that, especially when you engage all of it’s MIDI out accompaniment features. There’s a lot to love about it, though I don’t think it’s been updated recently.

iBassist universal would be great as well, I think it’s the only @LuisMartinez app that’s iPad only.

• Thanks Lumbeat for adding the tuner to Mideast and Indian. This makes these apps usable in any track now. It is a huuuge improvement. Much appreciated!

• Wow, this is awesome! This gives me many new ideas. Thanks.

• edited October 2021

So, what if you can send this ‘Groove Thing’ to StepPolyArp, Riffer, SynthMaster 2, etc, etc?

This just might be an iOS game changer..

https://ask.video/video/omnisphere101/13-13-groove-lock-velocity-for-better-rhythm-

• Great update - yes I hope he brings it to all drummers, lots of potential there!

• 9:13 into the video..

• @RajahP said:
    9:13 into the video..

This is worth thread and discussion of it's own. I think we could have something like this arpeggiator made using Mozaic. The ideas are all MIDI event based.

1 Hold hands on keyboard to define notes to arpeggiate
    2. arpeggiate notes as some multiple of the BPM MIDI clock in
    3. GROOVE LOCK: "sync" notes to another MIDI channels input rather than BPM

Better yet I'll see if anyone wants to write it on the "Request Mozaic scripts" thread.

• @McD said:

@RajahP said:

This is worth thread and discussion of it's own. I think we could have something like this arpeggiator made using Mozaic. The ideas are all MIDI event based.

Better yet I'll see if anyone wants to write it on the "Request Mozaic scripts" thread.

Damn, I was just wishing for something like this groove lock idea yesterday, and wondering if Photon would get me there.

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2021

@McD Indeed a nice idea :)

Some ideas & questions moved to the Mozaic thread

• @McD said:

@RajahP said:

I’m thinking, Lumbeat introducing this as Bram Bos did with AuMfx.. its own standard for Beatquantizing almost any Sequencer, Arp, DrumMachines... etc, etc..

• NOTE: If you own Mid East Drummer you won't see a discount on the bundle... just the "opportunity" to add Indian Drummer for $27 versus buying it alone for $18. But if you own neither one you can get both for a $9 discount making the effective price $13.50 for each.

• @McD said:
    NOTE: If you own Mid East Drummer you won't see a discount on the bundle... just the "opportunity" to add Indian Drummer for $27 versus buying it alone for $18. But if you own neither one you can get both for a $9 discount making the effective price $13.50 for each.

I own Mideast Drummer and was able to complete the bundle for $9. Seems to be a lot of variation in who gets what price.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2021

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@McD said:
    NOTE: If you own Mid East Drummer you won't see a discount on the bundle... just the "opportunity" to add Indian Drummer for $27 versus buying it alone for $18. But if you own neither one you can get both for a $9 discount making the effective price $13.50 for each.

I own Mideast Drummer and was able to complete the bundle for $9. Seems to be a lot of variation in who gets what price.

What country are you in? I'd hit buy at $9 but at $18 I'm holding back. Mid East drummer is excellent so I expect Indian Drummer to be very useful and this new feature that allows them to sync and make something really complex for a World Music vibe is great.

EDIT: I backed out and tried loading the bundle again and the $9 option was offered. Ka-ching. %50 off for me and probably many others.

• Still shows $18 to complete the bundle here.

• Any word on other Lumbeat Apps getting this update (iBassist).. Will love to pick up this bundle and ‘groove lock’ to Future Drummer/Reggae Drummer and iBassist..

• Just give me au already, com oooon man! :s :'(

• @michaelhauser said:
    Still shows $18 to complete the bundle here.

Sadly it was a one day offer.
    Last thing you could try is to scroll down the page of the app in the App Store and up to the top of the page again to reload the price. In the past that worked. It’s an App Store Bug

• @DarkAum3o said:

@michaelhauser said:
    Still shows $18 to complete the bundle here.

Sadly it was a one day offer.
    Last thing you could try is to scroll down the page of the app in the App Store and up to the top of the page again to reload the price. In the past that worked. It’s an App Store Bug

Thanks. I guess I missed it.