Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus glitch when reordering efx

Is anyone else getting this when long pressing an effect and changing the order in that channel?
Thanks!

Comments

  • @Zerozerozero said:
    Is anyone else getting this when long pressing an effect and changing the order in that channel?
    Thanks!

    Actually, no. What is your iOS version? What do you mean by "glitch"? If it's just an interruption in the audio, I'd expect that, since there'll be a break in the buffers sent to the various AUv3.

  • Not an interruption, stays until an app is removed or all apps closed.
    Sometimes just adding an app also causes this.
    AB has been very unstable for me for a long time now.
    I’ve tried all the usual tricks, reboots, backing up and deleting/reinstalling. Nothing works so far.
    Also get large dsp spikes that don’t occur with identical setups in AUM…
    Gutted as it’s an essential app for me.
    iOS 14.8.1
    iPhone 8 Plus

  • @Zerozerozero said:
    Not an interruption, stays until an app is removed or all apps closed.
    Sometimes just adding an app also causes this.
    AB has been very unstable for me for a long time now.
    I’ve tried all the usual tricks, reboots, backing up and deleting/reinstalling. Nothing works so far.
    Also get large dsp spikes that don’t occur with identical setups in AUM…
    Gutted as it’s an essential app for me.
    iOS 14.8.1
    iPhone 8 Plus

    Can you post a screen recording or recordings of the issues?


  • There are no settings activated in vcf. It’s on the startup patch when you first open. Nothing overloading in mixer section.
    This happens with a variety of causes…changing project, adding an app, moving an app…
    Often predictable, sometimes not..

  • I’ve mentioned dsp spikes, also not always saving tempos.

  • @Zerozerozero said:

    There are no settings activated in vcf. It’s on the startup patch when you first open. Nothing overloading in mixer section.
    This happens with a variety of causes…changing project, adding an app, moving an app…
    Often predictable, sometimes not..

    Maybe making configuration changes (changing project, adding an app, moving an app) while AB is playing is not a good idea. Does pausing play to make changes help? Adjusting parameters live should be ok, but changing the configuration is a step too far.

  • Sorry, should’ve said it happens if it’s not playing as well. Just showed it playing to demonstrate the noise.

  • wimwim
    edited October 28

    You’re not using Bluetooth for audio by any chance are you? Also, what are your buffer settings?

  • No, no Bluetooth.

  • Ouch, never heard that before. Is your storage maxed out maybe. Like @wim said… buffer?

  • I’ve used 35 of 64GB.
    All apps are set at 1024 and 48.
    Should storage be kept lower?

  • I'll have to look into this post-Loopy Pro launch, I'm afraid – racing against the clock right now. But I've added investigating this to my todo list.

  • Thanks @Michael
    Understand you’re busy at moment.
    If there’s anything that can be done it would be hugely appreciated 🙏🏻

Sign In or Register to comment.