Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• 😂

Time to build a dedicated cat keyboard! Help 'em unleash their musical powers!

• I spent more almost two hours trying to figure out what I hosed up making a change to an Atom 2 script. I just knew it had to be in one of the callback functions I had re-written.

Nope, it was qqaaaannnnntttyyhhhh appended to the end of a line in another place. Cat strikes again.

• “A cat’s the only cat who knoooows where its at!”

• “Most cats are too busy training their human to be trained like a filthy dog”. -Yoey the Cat.

• That guy has a real talent for arranging cat concertos.

Cats are actually pretty easy to train when they’re young. The problem is that after they get to be two years old or so, they lose interest in doing tricks for you and all those training hours are now for naught.

• I'm pretty sure it's the cat who trained the guy.

• I’ve trained my cat to completely ignore me most of the time and howl when there’s a tiny amount gone from his food bowl.

• The cat should be named Monk—no one else can play a melody with seconds like that.

• edited October 2021

A cat's dream Heaven -

"A cold winter
    napping drowsily in the Sun shining through the window
    taking a Sun-shower and
    listening to Pandora or
    listening to the Piano!
    She can doze off like that all day...
    It's a Bliss!”

PS: When I pick her up, she is HOT from the Sun and cuddly! I can't let go off her. It’s a Bliss!!

• edited October 2021

@dvi said:

The cat should be named Monk—no one else can play a melody with seconds like that.

Cats are really swift and instantaneous. If we drag a string in front of them, for instance, they will react simultaneously and run after it without any delay and ZERO "latency" :smiley:

• edited October 2021

The thing that got me laughing non-stop is the way the cat looked right at the camera from time to time, like, when playing in an ensemble it's a good idea to look at other musicians, just to stay in the groove together, you know... Man, this cat is better than some of my friends :D

• wimwim
    edited May 2022

@juliasmith said:
    Cats are awesome and actually very smart. It is difficult to train them cause they always have their own opinion but it is definitely not impossible.

Hell yes they're smart!

If I can ever land a job where people feed me, clean up after me, tell me how cute I am all day, and I can sleep or do whatever the hell I want all the time for a living ... only then will I figure I'm almost as smart as my cat.

There is the cleaning your butt thing though. That one thing has so far kept me from really aspiring to that career path.

(BTW, I'm convinced cats have the "Are humans terribly untrainable?" debate with themselves all the time. They don't ever seem to give up trying though.)

• My cats are too busy training me to follow any guidance. I'm hard to program but they are relentless and refuse to believe I cannot change. They use a variety of lick, claw and tooth techniques and effective escalation of the incentives to obey.

Our 2 cats can open doors since we have these levered handles so we resort to locking rooms and using duct tape to restrict the handle to only upward pulls.

One bedroom is a favorite for marking the bed so it's guarded like a bank vault.

We have trained them to understand they may not go outside so I guess we do have a few small victories over this behaviors.

The younger of the 2 was somewhat feral and did not like to be touched but with persistence we have taught him to crave and accept neck scratches... he will now run ahead of me on the stairs and stop to get scratches and he will take as much as I will offer.

But I do miss the personality of a good dog and playing fetch vs playing laser pointer "bug".
    Most dogs are just genetically wired for service. Cats are wired for self-interest.

• Our cat, now about 8 years old, has been trainable in some ways (but also knows how to persuade us to his wishes). He’s an orange tabby we found at the Humane Society. We live in an apartment with a private courtyard and my wife is the gardener. So we take him out with us and he’s learned that the only way he’ll go is with a harness and leash. Now he waits at the door for us to put it on him. No resistance. But taking him outside he walks me - not vice versa. He just wants to go around and check his kitty emails. We no longer worry that he’ll run away; I’m more concerned about him grabbing a bird.
    At night I’ve trained him to go into our sunroom. It has everything he needs in there. When we go to bed he just trots in and waits for me to shut the doors. So no cat interruptions of our sleep.
    We’re both home most of the time and he gets plenty of attention during the day which I think is crucial for good cat behavior.

• What's actually going on here? It's pretty cool, but the notes it presses are not what is heard. I thought the video was reversed but no it's a bit all over the place. Right?