Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jenny from the block - SWAM brass, Koala drums, Artinoise MIDI recorder

So this is a cover of jennyfromtheblock, but as played by a brass band of somewhat tired and emotional gentlemen. Also and mostly, it is a test of the Arti.noise MIDI recorder playing SWAM brass instruments: two trumpets, bass tuba and french horn in Bb:

I had to sing it myself.

This was a AB, AUM, Xequence2 project; in particular, Xequence2 was really great for recording the MIDI from the Artinoise. Cleaning up notes and fixing expression and mod was a breeze.

As for the Artinoise: It’s pretty good! And reasonably priced, EUR 125 on Thomann. I wrote a bit about it on this site earlier, after having used it a bit I can say I’m very happy with it. It’s great with SWAM and fun to play. Would have been even greater if SWAM was universal because it’s very portable too. Battery lasts a long time and the bluetooth just works.

Stuff I missed: as always, it would have helped if AUM would receive song pointer so sound clips would sync with Xequence. Also I want some woodwinds now.

Drums was done in Koala; i got the marching band samples from an old forum post somewhere on the internet. I can’t find the post anymore.

The drum samples as a Koala project in case somebody needs it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oixz72p3itl1v50/marchingdrums.koala?dl=0

Comments

• I liked so much🤟

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I liked so much🤟

Thank you! I didn’t expect anyone actually liking this, but I had to make it, because it’s been playing in my mind since 2002, because ten years before that I was passed in the street in a foreign country by an Old Man Brass Band playing a very haunting tune of the kind that is really hard to remember, except for the mood of it. They marched like they were in a hurry, but very dignified. And then that pop song came out, and it was just about similar enough…

• I'll bet that took a lot of work. It's amazing what we can produce using IOS.

• That shook me out of my post-prandial stupor, thank you, loved it.

• Thanks for listening, @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, @markk, @McD!

@McD said:
    I'll bet that took a lot of work. It's amazing what we can produce using IOS.

It is, and it wasn't that much work to be honest; the tools did a lot of the work here!

• There are quite a few quirky shorter pieces appearing at the moment and this is a great example of one that lifts the spirits.

• Very Brechtian. Worth a listen!