Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoa For iOS By AudioSymmetric Public Beta

See the link.

https://linktr.ee/audiosymmetric

Beta for Zoa 1.0

Beta for AutoPad 1.9

Elite Beta group for Zoa too.

Comments

• Zona seems interesting. Thanks so much ❤️

• What do they do?

• It's so good. Conway's Game of Life as an midi AU aka Xynthesizer.

• @auxmux said:
    It's so good. Conway's Game of Life as an midi AU aka Xynthesizer.

It is really awesome, 4 ports, varying speeds, transpose, really cool can’t wait to spend more time with it. It’s like fugue machine, meets xynthsizer, meets snake Bud.

• Thanks
    Will try later
    Good luck

• There's a fundamental difference between ZOA and Xynthesizr in the way they send their 'Game of Life' midi notes. X sends grid-columns and Z sends grid-cells! So X can be polyfonic and Z is always monofonic (more like Riffer). Also X has it's famous 'Custom Artea' to select a region of the grid that will be 'randomized', while the rest of the grid area stays untouched... Last but not least: in X you can set a velocity-value per column; in Z the velocity-setting is global (thus for all the notes) (per Port).
    2 suggestions for ZOA: 1.: a slider for a global 'swing'- or humanize-setting ; 2.: a random velocity on/off button and a slider for min & max velocity-values.

• Nice...not easy to get something very melodic with these "life" algorithms but it is interesting. The root note can be changed via midi, I like this.

• @Harro said:
    There's a fundamental difference between ZOA and Xynthesizr in the way they send their 'Game of Life' midi notes. X sends grid-columns and Z sends grid-cells! So X can be polyfonic and Z is always monofonic (more like Riffer). Also X has it's famous 'Custom Artea' to select a region of the grid that will be 'randomized', while the rest of the grid area stays untouched... Last but not least: in X you can set a velocity-value per column; in Z the velocity-setting is global (thus for all the notes) (per Port).
    2 suggestions for ZOA: 1.: a slider for a global 'swing'- or humanize-setting ; 2.: a random velocity on/off button and a slider for min & max velocity-values.

Echo all of the above, but with a bit of work it could be quite something.

• I like it a lot :)
    Anyone knows if dev is around here?

• Yes the developers also created SSD-x and AutoPad… let me look up there screen names.

• edited October 2021

@0tolerance4silence

It’s a team of 2 guys, one is @rygrob

• They are on Twitter which is where I saw the beta. Here is the tweet.

• Can anyone see the link in my above post?

Sometimes my links disappear and I’m not sure why. To me all I see is the text with no link.

• @Harro said:
    There's a fundamental difference between ZOA and Xynthesizr in the way they send their 'Game of Life' midi notes. X sends grid-columns and Z sends grid-cells! So X can be polyfonic and Z is always monofonic (more like Riffer). Also X has it's famous 'Custom Artea' to select a region of the grid that will be 'randomized', while the rest of the grid area stays untouched... Last but not least: in X you can set a velocity-value per column; in Z the velocity-setting is global (thus for all the notes) (per Port).

True. I was making a very loose comparison to give people an idea…

• Hey thanks for the share, I'm blown away by the interest and feedback in the TestFlight link! I will be doing my best to read and address all the feedback, even if I can't directly respond to each one.

Thanks for the ideas, too. I'm trying to keep the parameter set pretty focused on this one, but I like the idea of getting some velocity modulation in there some how. Swing should be doable with creative use of the pattern control.

If people are interested in keeping up with what I'm doing, consider subscribing to my YouTube or following on Twitter, that's generally where I'll post my progress with things.

• Loving this so far - really fun and interesting

• Beta update just dropped. Really enjoying experimenting with this unique 4 channel midi sequencer.

• @Toastedghost said:

@Harro said:

Echo all of the above, but with a bit of work it could be quite something.

+1 I wonder if @rygrob saw this. Swing would be clutch. I definitely think a velocity range, and length/gate range instead of a single number, would take this to another level. Then it can randomly play each notes velocity and gate within that set range.

• @rygrob this sequencer is really something special.

I do have one feature request, which is to accept external gates via midi. I'm testing it in Drambo, and it's begging to be triggered by the Euclidean sequencer, or the many options available in mirack and beyond.

• Really enjoy this so far, the only thing (apart from swing 😉) I am hoping for is scale maps to limit the notes available on each sequence. I just think it would really open this up for more musical control.
    Any thoughts in if this might be on the roadmap @rygrob?