Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS Dragonfly by BLEASS

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1580935730

Description:

BLEASS Dragonfly is a completely new approach to tremolo effect which brings new sonic possibilities to all music producers. Make your synths, voices or any melody “vibrate” in correspondence with its own frequencies, or with external basses and leads! Just like in Billie Eilish’s song “Xanny”, Dragonfly helps you achieve the same effect as when the voice gets modulated by a heavy bass.

BLEASS Dragonfly automatically syncs the tremolo effect applied on a track using various triggers:
First, you can use the pitch tracking module on either the input audio track (“self mode”) or a sidechained audio track (“sidechain mode”). You also can use the midi input to trigger Dragonfly with accuracy: the tremolo will automatically sync with the notes’ frequencies. Finally, a manual mode allows you to set a fixed frequency.
Then you can finetune your settings by adjusting the fine, factor, smoothness, stereo, attack & release. The “Wild” mode applies a waveshaper to the signal to produce a subtle saturation. The final tremolo effect rate is mirrored by the flapping wings of the Dragonfly.

BLEASS Dragonfly is also available for Mac & Windows (AU / VST3)
https://www.bleass.com/dragonfly/

Technical description:

SOURCE stage:

• MANUAL: Tremolo rate is set by the Rate knob. Tremolo amplitude is set by the Amplitude knob.
  • MIDI: Tremolo rate corresponds to the rate of the lowest MIDI note received by the plugin. Tremolo amplitude corresponds to the velocity value of this note.
  • SELF: Pitch tracking on the input signal gives the tremolo rate. Tremolo amplitude matches the input signal’s amplitude.
  • SIDECHAIN: Pitch tracking on the sidechain signal gives the tremolo rate. Tremolo amplitude matches the sidechain signal’s amplitude.
  • SOURCE CHANNEL: Sets the channel to be analysed for SELF and SIDECHAIN modes.
  • AMPLITUDE: Sets tremolo amplitude in MANUAL mode.
  • GAIN: Sets the input gain in MIDI, SELF and SIDECHAIN modes.

DRAGONFLY stage:

• RATE: Sets tremolo rate in MANUAL mode.
  • FINE: Offsets the detected pitch value by +/- 0.5 semitone in MIDI, SELF and SIDECHAIN mode.
  • FACTOR: Detected or set rate is multiplied by this factor to give the final tremolo rate.
  • SMOOTH: Sets the smoothing duration of rate variations.
  • STEREO: Sets phase difference between left and right channels.
  • ATTACK: Attack duration of the effect.
  • RELEASE: Release duration of the effect.
  • MODE: SIMPLE is a basic tremolo. WILD uses complex waveshaping for warm and saturated effect.
  • WILDNESS: Sets waveshaping strength in WILD mode.
  • VISUALISATION: Dragonfly wings are animated to match the rate and amplitude of the effect. Green label on the left indicates the input MIDI note and rate. Blue label on the right indicates the applied MIDI note and Rate.

MIX stage:

• GAIN: Output gain of the effect.
  • DRY/WET: Dry/wet balance.

NOTE: This is an AUv3 effect which needs a compatible host that ideally offers audio sidechain or MIDI FX routing (such as AUM, Cubasis 3)

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 11.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Oooh, early release, I thought it would be out tomorrow :sunglasses:
    Thanks, off to the Appstore (It'll be my first app this month).

• Very interesting, though I'm a little surprised not to see a shape control.

• @celtic_elk said:
    Very interesting, though I'm a little surprised not to see a shape control.

Guess they need to save something for an update...

But it's nice with an audio-rate tremolo to mash things up and turn just about anything into a fart-fest :sunglasses:

• I had to reset my iPhone to be able to see it in AUM just to let everyone know

• How does this stack up against K-Devices WOV and Undulator? It has side chain and…?

• Midi can be used as input to set the modulation frequency making the effect playable.

It can also use the input level to control the modulation frequency and it can go really, really fast for bit-crush and ring modulation type effects. It's another tool in the box.

Undulator is quite 'tamę' in comparison and WOV feels more like a 'gate' with smoothing options.

I guess there will be plenty of videos of this in the coming days.

• I shall buy it.

• I'd be curious to try feeding it a stream of unrelated MIDI - the output of a Rozeta Particles instance, for example.

• Sounds great. :) Perfect for Ambient.

• Not for me, but best of luck to them on this new release.

• @celtic_elk said:
    I'd be curious to try feeding it a stream of unrelated MIDI - the output of a Rozeta Particles instance, for example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fszno3ikfyv8ooy/dragonfly.mp4?dl=0
    (Using another Rozeta. You'll hear the note pitches effect cleaner when the ratio goes up).

• @Samu said:

@celtic_elk said:
    I'd be curious to try feeding it a stream of unrelated MIDI - the output of a Rozeta Particles instance, for example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fszno3ikfyv8ooy/dragonfly.mp4?dl=0
    (Using another Rozeta. You'll hear the note pitches effect cleaner when the ratio goes up).

Well, that sounds like barrels of fun. Thanks!

• Very excited to see how this sounds with something like Agonizer sidechained with a Flowtones vox pad. Gonna post a video of that when I get an opportunity.

• Video by Nu-Trix

• @Samu said:
    Midi can be used as input to set the modulation frequency making the effect playable.

It can also use the input level to control the modulation frequency and it can go really, really fast for bit-crush and ring modulation type effects. It's another tool in the box.

Undulator is quite 'tamę' in comparison and WOV feels more like a 'gate' with smoothing options.

I guess there will be plenty of videos of this in the coming days.

Thanks.

• The sidechain sounds really cool.

• cool are there any videos of the midi modulation?

• @Prog1967 said:

Video by Nu-Trix

Ok sold.

• edited October 2021

Doug does a nice deep dive:

• I like the visual. Jakob Haq spoke about the visual in Rymdigare and I share his thoughts. I hope more and more app will add visual like this, I really like it.

I will buy this app with SlowMachine. I really like Bleass apps.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    How does this stack up against K-Devices WOV and Undulator? It has side chain and…?

Undulator is more of a delay and tremolo combined.

• edited October 2021

@eross said:
    cool are there any videos of the midi modulation?

My vid shows the midi modulation and also a creative use of sidechain. The vid starts tame, the madness starts half way through. Only 4 mins long, worth a watch. As Samu said, this has many unique aspects that make it different from wov etc.

• great app as usual !

• Note to those thinking of getting Bleass Dragonfly - the intro price only lasts untill November 1st.

• How To Route Midi in BLEASS Dragonfly: Ableton / Bitwig / FL Studio / Logic:

• Lovely design idea. Very cool little app.

• Why didn't I discover this earlier?! Just bought it and sounds so good! Also I made a little experiment and modulated Dragonfly using TATAT.. results are very nice!

• What do you gain from Wov, Turnado or volcano tremolo setting.

Is there keyboard functionality stuff?

Will keyboard stuff work in Drambo as Bleass voices via keyboard to sequencer dosent work but works better in Aum.

So maybe I wouldnt buy then.

• @unlink said:
    Why didn't I discover this earlier?! Just bought it and sounds so good! Also I made a little experiment and modulated Dragonfly using TATAT.. results are very nice!

This is nice!. I don’t own TATAT. Would you mind explaining the setup, why there’s 2 instances of TATAT?.