Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimoog Model D v1.3.7 beta

Hi everyone,

We're getting ready to release a new version of the Minimoog Model D app that supports the iPhone 13, iPad 9th gen and iPad mini 6th gen devices.

We've also done a major overhaul of our graphics engine, reducing memory usage and CPU usage. We have tested on many of our devices, all the way down to the iPad Air 1, but would appreciate some additional verification.

If you feel like lending a hand, here's the public TestFlight build:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/8oJrJ9ha

We look forward to hear how this build works for you.

❤️ your friends at Moog

Comments

• Hi Moog. While you're here.... any chance of porting SIRIN to iOS now that you've SOLD all your units? :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hi Moog. While you're here.... any chance of porting SIRIN to iOS now that you've SOLD all your units? :)

If I recall correctly the Sirin is quite similar to the Minotaur so why not call call it iSirinotaur?
    It's got a nice ring to it :sunglasses:

Hopefully the optimizations find their way into Model 15 as well...

• @Samu said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Hi Moog. While you're here.... any chance of porting SIRIN to iOS now that you've SOLD all your units? :)

If I recall correctly the Sirin is quite similar to the Minotaur so why not call call it iSirinotaur?

Ha. I like it!

• @Samu said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Yes, the optimizations help a lot with Model 15, but it's stuck in the Apple build processing queue. As soon as it's ready we'll post a link to that beta too. For Model 15, you can now open multiple AUv3 windows while continuing to see the modular. Until now, only one open window was possible.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

Yes, the optimizations help a lot with Model 15, but it's stuck in the Apple build processing queue. As soon as it's ready we'll post a link to that beta too. For Model 15, you can now open multiple AUv3 windows while continuing to see the modular. Until now, only one open window was possible.

Nice!

It's kinda ironic that I can run more instances of Model 15 on my old iPad Air 2 than what what my 2018 MacMini (3Ghz 6 Core i5) can handle without cracking up...

...so if all goes well it will hopefully run a bit better on the Mac as well since it's a fully universal app :smile:

• [waiting for the Moog Subharmonicon app]

• @Samu said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

Nice!

It's kinda ironic that I can run more instances of Model 15 on my old iPad Air 2 than what what my 2018 MacMini (3Ghz 6 Core i5) can handle without cracking up...

...so if all goes well it will hopefully run a bit better on the Mac as well since it's a fully universal app :smile:

The unified memory architecture that Metal leverages does wonders on iOS and M1 devices, Metal on Intel machines has to do more work and that impacts performance for sure.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

The unified memory architecture that Metal leverages does wonders on iOS and M1 devices, Metal on Intel machines has to do more work and that impacts performance for sure.

That's true!
    I do hope that the UI Rendering is suspended when it's not shown.
    There's no need to update/render the entire UI if nothing is shown on the screen.

Then again I'm happy with a couple of instances :sunglasses:

• Awesome, thank you. Will test this tonight.

• @Samu said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

That's true!
    I do hope that the UI Rendering is suspended when it's not shown.
    There's no need to update/render the entire UI if nothing is shown on the screen.

Then again I'm happy with a couple of instances :sunglasses:

It is definitely suspended when it's not shown. B)

• @auxmux said:
    Awesome, thank you. Will test this tonight.

Thank you!

• @u0421793 said:
    [waiting for the Moog Subharmonicon app]

That would be nice. ;) Actually, I've been hoping they'd make a Moog Taurus app for quite some time.

• While you’re updating it, could you please enable the Send MIDI setting when running as an AUv3?

When I run the app standalone, I’m able to use the Send MIDI setting to make the app broadcast any CC changes to other apps and devices which are listening for it. However, when I run the app as an AUv3 inside a host such as AUM, I’m unable to get it to broadcast any knob or switch CC changes to any listeners. Only a very small subset CC changes such as the mod and pitch wheels are transmitted. I have fully mapped all the other CCs, but it seems like their values are being filtered out when hosted in as an AUv3, or perhaps the CC map is ignored.

This matters to me since I need to synchronize knobs with a hardware MIDI controller, and new DAWs such as Loopy Pro aren’t supporting IAA, only AUv3. Thanks!

• @MoogMusicInc Just tried it on my iPad 9th gen and it fixed the broken/all black GUI issue I was having. Cheers!

• @Spud said:
    @MoogMusicInc Just tried it on my iPad 9th gen and it fixed the broken/all black GUI issue I was having. Cheers!

That's great, thank you for testing!

• @MoogMusicInc Will the Model D app also be available for MacOS M1 laptops (as the Model 15 already is)???

• @sch said:
    @MoogMusicInc Will the Model D app also be available for MacOS M1 laptops (as the Model 15 already is)???

This would be amazing.

• edited October 2021

Just using the opportunity to say thank you to @MoogMusicInc for these great apps. The Model D app is one of my absolute most loved synth apps. Absolutely marvelous that you keep improving it. To use it even better I’ve built a dedicated DIY controller for it. Design and build instructions made publicly available by maasijam: https://github.com/maasijam/model_d_controller

Here is my model

• @sch said:
    @MoogMusicInc Will the Model D app also be available for MacOS M1 laptops (as the Model 15 already is)???

Yes been hoping for that to happen! The real thing by Moog on desktop 🤤 would be totally awesome!

• @krassmann said:
    Just using the opportunity to say thank you to @MoogMusicInc for these great apps. The Model D app is one of my absolute most loved synth apps. Absolutely marvelous that you keep improving it. To use it even better I’ve built a dedicated DIY controller for it. Design and build instructions made publicly available by maasijam: https://github.com/maasijam/model_d_controller

Here is my model

Wow nice one 😍

• @sch said:

We don't comment on unreleased products, sorry. Happy to see you're interested in an M1 Model D app though!

❤️ your friends at Moog

• @orand said:
    While you’re updating it, could you please enable the Send MIDI setting when running as an AUv3?

When I run the app standalone, I’m able to use the Send MIDI setting to make the app broadcast any CC changes to other apps and devices which are listening for it. However, when I run the app as an AUv3 inside a host such as AUM, I’m unable to get it to broadcast any knob or switch CC changes to any listeners. Only a very small subset CC changes such as the mod and pitch wheels are transmitted. I have fully mapped all the other CCs, but it seems like their values are being filtered out when hosted in as an AUv3, or perhaps the CC map is ignored.

This matters to me since I need to synchronize knobs with a hardware MIDI controller, and new DAWs such as Loopy Pro aren’t supporting IAA, only AUv3. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for that feedback, we'll not be able to address this in the current release, but we logged it to look at for a future update.

❤️ your friends at Moog

• @krassmann said:

Here is my model

That looks incredible, thanks for sharing!

❤️ your friends at Moog

• BTW, I have still 4 sets of the PCBs to sell because the minimum order was 5 pcs. PM me if you are interested.

• Downloading now. Been using the model 15 almost exclusively lately, so at the very least this will give me a reason to finally branch out a bit ☺️

Thanks for making such amazing software and for your continued iOS support!

• This UI update is great for the iPhone, it really makes it a lot easier to play on now

• Yeah, the UI update makes it much smoother on iPad Pro 2016.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    This UI update is great for the iPhone, it really makes it a lot easier to play on now

Wonderful, thanks for testing!

• @auxmux said:
    Yeah, the UI update makes it much smoother on iPad Pro 2016.

That's really great to hear, thanks so much for testing!

• @MoogMusicInc , update runs much better on my Air2, now able to use 2 instances without glitching