Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Play an Arpeggio or Sequence from One MIDI Note

Hi,
I want to "setup" in an app a sequence or arpeggio, then when I enter one note on my MIDI keyboard it plays the sequence or arpeggio based on that one note.

For example, say I made a simple 3, 5, 8, 5, 8, 5 3 sequence. Then I play an 'A' note on my keyboard....based on the input, it plays a C#, E, A (octave above my input), E, A, E and C#. But if I played a 'C' note on my MIDI keyboard ($100)..... then I get E, G, C (octave higher), G, C, G, E.

Is there an app (AUV3) that will generate a MIDI arpeggio or sequence like this based on the MIDI note input?

Is there an app(AUV3) that will generate an audio sequence like this based on the input?

Thanks!

Comments

• The easiest way for me is Drambo. I know it's kind of cliché, but even for a noob like me, Drambo is the easiest way to do that. But you have a maximum of (I think) 6 notes in your sequence.

• edited October 2021

Several options - Mozaic with one of a few different Scripts, Step Poly Arp, ArpBud 2, Thesys,

• edited October 2021

Step Poly Arp let’s you set whatever semitones you want in the Arp

• There are so many options. Search for arpeggiator and step-sequencer.

And a lot of synths have them built in.

• Rozeta bassline does just what you want: design a bass line and play it transposed depending on the key you press

And when you buy it you get 10 midi utilities that are very good, like LFOs, arpegiatiors, scaler etc.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rozeta-sequencer-suite/id1292546479

• edited October 2021

Another great and very straightforward option is Imaginando LK.
    Its Matrix module has a grid of MIDI clips of which each can be mapped to incoming MIDI notes. Also works as an AUv3.
    This way, you're free to define whatever to play with an incoming MIDI note, no matter if it's a chord, an arpeggio, a melody or whatnot.

• THANKS!!!

• edited October 2021

@cokomairena said:
    Rozeta bassline does just what you want: design a bass line and play it transposed depending on the key you press

And when you buy it you get 10 midi utilities that are very good, like LFOs, arpegiatiors, scaler etc.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rozeta-sequencer-suite/id1292546479

If you don’t have this app buy it immediately. One of the first midi based apps I bought long back, and it changed the game for me.