Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LaunchKey integration with Atom Piano Roll 2?

The launchpad integration with atom is nothing short of amazing, but what about the LaunchKey? Has anyone got any scripts or workflows to get these two working together?

Ideally the capture midi would arm each atom instance and be able to toggle the quantize like it can on the launchpad pro.

And it’d be really cool to have that magic like launchpad does with Atom in AUM, where it automatically connects the launchpad to whichever AUv3 atom is connected to, thus saving us that extra step.

Comments

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    The launchpad integration with atom is nothing short of amazing, but what about the LaunchKey? Has anyone got any scripts or workflows to get these two working together?

Ideally the capture midi would arm each atom instance and be able to toggle the quantize like it can on the launchpad pro.

And it’d be really cool to have that magic like launchpad does with Atom in AUM, where it automatically connects the launchpad to whichever AUv3 atom is connected to, thus saving us that extra step.

Buy me one to test with and I'll write you a script. ;)

• Which model of LaunchKey? Original, mk2, mk3?

• @wim said:
    Which model of LaunchKey? Original, mk2, mk3?

Mk3

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@wim said:

Mk3

That's good. MK2 and MK3 have programmer reference guides. The original doesn't.

I don't understand this:

Toggle the quantize?

• @wim said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@wim said:

Mk3

That's good. MK2 and MK3 have programmer reference guides. The original doesn't.

Whew! That’s one step in the right direction

I don't understand this:

Toggle the quantize?

Yes

Goto about 4:56 of this video you’ll see what I mean

Thanks 🙏

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Oh, hey, I'm sorry for creating the wrong impression, I'm not actually planning to write this. That would be a bit too difficult with nothing to test with. I was just trying to flesh out details in case anyone else was in a position to do it.

I'm comfortable with writing fairly simple things which I can't fully test in Mozaic, but Atom 2 scripting is more involved and not as fully documented.

Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully someone else will step up who has already done this or is interested in doing it.

• 😂 😂 😂

• @wim Thanks I appreciate the inquiry, so if you had a launchkey Is it something you could/would do?

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @wim Thanks I appreciate the inquiry, so if you had a launchkey Is it something you could/would do?

I'm really not sure, but probably not.

I'm reasonably sure I wouldn't be able to resist poking around with it if I had an MK3, but I'm much less sure that I would follow through and/or that I'd be successful. I did a very modest script for a custom controller I made but lost interest pretty quickly. While I love Atom 2 as a quick sequencing option, I just don't get really into it for multiple instance clip launching. Most of the time I'm using the iPad only and not bothering with controllers anyway. I don't have much experience with JavaScript either, so ability might not be up to scratch either. ;)

• @wim All good, I appreciate the interest! Just grabbed a LK mk3 and it’s ok, but the Launchpad with the Atom integration is just on another level. It’s too bad the Launchkey doesn’t have that also, it seems made for it.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    @wim All good, I appreciate the interest! Just grabbed a LK mk3 and it’s ok, but the Launchpad with the Atom integration is just on another level. It’s too bad the Launchkey doesn’t have that also, it seems made for it.

yeh, Atom 2 is designed to be able to be extended to support controllers like that. It just needs someone to develop a script to add support for it. Hopefully someone will do that at some point, though controller scripting doesn't seem to have caught on really.

• @wim said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    @wim All good, I appreciate the interest! Just grabbed a LK mk3 and it’s ok, but the Launchpad with the Atom integration is just on another level. It’s too bad the Launchkey doesn’t have that also, it seems made for it.

yeh, Atom 2 is designed to be able to be extended to support controllers like that. It just needs someone to develop a script to add support for it. Hopefully someone will do that at some point, though controller scripting doesn't seem to have caught on really.

It’s a shame that only the isolated (no auv3) apps such as groovebox, etc really use the equipment integration to the max. I know it’s the same company that makes the hardware in that case, but still, @blueveek has set a great example and only scratched the surface.

Maybe I need to start a scripting fund or something to help motivate making these things happen. Crazy we have all this potential on iOS and aren’t cashing in on it.

Launchpad with Atom in its current state really could be just the beginning, I wonder how many people would be interested in paying for custom scripts for better integration and tighter hardware/software workflows.